It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Think they're trying to tell us something?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:05 AM
link   
It's pretty cool when an old thread pops up on the "recent posts" page even when there are no new replies on them:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

I wonder how that happens.

I also wonder why threads like this are closed to replies. It ensures they disappear from the ATS consciousness quickly, even though they may have some important info to impart. Info threads like this should be open to discussion at least in order to keep them from disappearing so quickly and to enable members to bump them from time to time. Edit to add: It also allows members to ask questions for clarification and make suggestions.

I agree, the "Conspiracies in Religion" should be about conspiracies but, I believe that we also need an ATS forum to discuss other issues surrounding religion.

Posting on BTS is almost certain death for a thread and these religious threads can be some the most interesting and thought provoking threads on ATS.

It makes sense to me to post a religious thread on ATS to at least get the discussion rolling, knowing that the Mods will eventually move it. Sure, it's an abuse of the system but, without an ATS general religion forum, it's the only way to start an interesting discussion and maybe find some answers to one's questions.

[edit on 6/20/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:13 AM
link   
But is there not enough bickering and meaninglessness around?
A general Religion forum just sounds like a super lame, super bad idea.

Is there not enough interesting discussion without people getting bent over religion?
Something completely made up!
People get bent over an "alien forum" and cry how it is "all made up"...
Good god, I cant even imagine how a religion forum would go..........
Only that I'd stay as far away from it as possible!

[edit on 20-6-2010 by Ahmose]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:19 AM
link   
reply to post by FortAnthem

If you look at the forum list for Conspiracies In Religion you will see that those two threads are stickied/topped. It's done in an effort to ensure that all who wish or choose to post there have seen/been made aware of the topical focus of Conspiracies In Religion.

That you'll occasionally see those threads on the recent posts page, without actually having been posted to, is a sign that they've been bumped to the top for All to see/read once again - a reminder/refresher, if you will.

Hope this helps.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:22 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ahmose
But is there not enough bickering and meaninglessness around?
A general Religion forum just sounds like a super lame, super bad idea.

Is there not enough interesting discussion without people getting bent over religion?
Something completely made up!

These threads get posted on ATS anyways, they might as well have a proper forum for them.

People get bent over an "alien forum" and cry how it is "all made up"...
Good god, I cant even imagine how a religion forum would go..........
Only that I'd stay as far away from it as possible!

You've come up with the perfect solution! I stay away from the aliens forum for the same reason. How hard would it be to stay away from a religious forum if you don't find it interesting?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:25 AM
link   

Originally posted by 12m8keall2c

That you'll occasionally see those threads on the recent posts page, without actually having been posted to, is a sign that they've been bumped to the top for All to see/read once again - a reminder/refresher, if you will.

Hope this helps.

It's nice that they're bumped from time to time but, they disappear so quickly, many probably never see them.

They should be open to discussion so members can ask for clarification or bump them if they want.

Edit to add: Also, it would be nice if, when someone hits the "New Thread" button, a brief explanation on the forum would pop up, telling the poster what the forum is for and what the criteria for posting in that forum are. It would cut down on a lot of confusion and save the Mods a lot of work. It would also help to cut back on This type of stuff.

[edit on 6/20/10 by FortAnthem]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 10:50 AM
link   

At the top of every thread in a forum, there is a description of that forum. I do agree that maybe the description should be at the top of the forum thread list instead.

I would add your suggestion(s) to the ATS/BTS what would you like to see in the future thread where all ideas are collected and reviewed!

[edit on June 20th 2010 by greeneyedleo]

top topics

join