It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Toxic Rain in North Carolina????

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+28 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:16 PM
link   

Toxic Rain in North Carolina????

We had a hard rain today and I thought I would go
out under the shelter and eat my lunch while it was
raining cuz I love to smell the rain during afternoon
showers. It has rained here in NC about 6 times
in the past 2 weeks. Except this time I noticed
something a lil different.

There was a stench, foul odor to this rain that
didn't sit well with my stomach. I didn't think
too much about it til I finished my lunch and got
up and looked at the plants, shrubs and fruit
bearing trees and bushes and I noticed something
that turned my stomach even more. I could not
believe my eyes. I grabbed my camera and took
some photos for you to take a look at.

I do not know for sure what is causing this
but there is something peculiar. The leaves
most exposed on the top of the plants and shrubs
were most infected or burned. Some leaves
even had holes burned all the way through
the leaf. Some plants were attacked through
the stem and killed peaches, plums, cucumbers,
and tomatoes. These plants are dying and there's
nothing I can do about it. And the fruit is dying
along with it.

There seems to be a color coding associated
with this attack. The freshest attack comes
in white, then as it burns it turns yellow
and then it turns black and dies or eats
a hole through the leaf or stem. So the colors
are:

white 1st stage
yellow 2nd stage
black 3rd stage

I have never seen this before and I have
lived on a rural farm most my life.
Maybe somebody else has a clue but
my opinion it has to come from the rain
which is why the leaves on top are attacked
first.

Then I wondered if this is coming from
toxins from the oil spill or whether it
is coming from chemtrails. You be the judge
for yourself.

Let's discuss

First stage white (infestation)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0ff96bd3af8d.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c4b0611e00fa.jpg[/atsimg]

Second Stage yellow (burning)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/acecbd9ebcdf.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e0bb034f57bd.jpg[/atsimg]

Third Stage black (death)
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d9841741b0b3.jpg[/atsimg] See the dead peach above from where the stem was attacked. The peach turned black.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e073a8b85f8d.jpg[/atsimg]
This stuff eats right through the leaf over time. That's toxic.

I saw the TV footage of the MS Bottom crop loss and they
had white stuff on their crops but it didn't have a follow
up story so I do not know if their's turnned yellow
afterward or not. I had no idea that it
could travel all the way up to NC. I don't even know if
this is related to that incident or the Gulf Spill. But I
suspect it does. My father has been farming for most of
his life and he has no clue what this stuff is and neither
do I. Your thoughts ???????????

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:19 PM
link   
I would get that rainwater tested if you were able to catch any.
Doesn't sound good.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:24 PM
link   
we got a bad case of the japanese beetle here in tennessee and they love to tear up a peach crop but what you got looks familiar but I cant remeber what it was but its not to do with acid rain or anything. I will ask my dad he is a crop farmer and he willsurely know.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   
Yes by all means try to get the rain water tested and by all means do not eat any of the fruit and vegetables. I have seen pics of this very same thing on the web lately - closer to the gulf. This does not look good - at all! The rain could probably be tested at a local college - please us know anything further you find out. So sorry to hear this happened to you and to others.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gouzze
we got a bad case of the japanese beetle here in tennessee and they love to tear up a peach crop but what you got looks familiar

this isn't attacking just peaches. It's attacking almost
everything where it lands. Top leaves first.
That's not beatles in my opinion.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Your pictures are remenisent to the photo's on another post here from Mississippi.

Hang on tight, I think things are going to get much worse. I have a cactus outside that displays the same thing.

I live in OK and we have recently had record rains. Hopefully this won't get worse. But there is something else I just can't put my finger on and it has nothing to do with the BP disaster.

Perhaps the sun's latest coronal mass ejections. I dunno. Maybe chemtrails.

Something is not right.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by brilab45]

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
Hi, first time poster. I only just discovered this site earlier this week. You guys are incredible. I don't know what I would do if I only had the MSM to rely on. Thanks to each and every one of you who is taking the time to update us.

Those pictures are making my stomach churn. I live just north of Toronto. How long until you think we'll start to see toxic rain? Is there even a chance that it'll be diluted as it crosses the border?

I've been trying to talk my family into packing up and leaving the continent. Sounds drastic, I know, but I don't want to be here if and when we start to see what you're seeing. That thought has kept me from even sleeping properly this entire week

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Wow, those plants got tore up.

I dont know if crude oil can evaporate and rain down later (it might, i really dont know)

My best guess is acid rain by the way it turns white and then burns a hole, looks like text book reaction between acid and a base (but thats just a guess).

You should do as others have suggested and try to capture some and bring it to a local university to have it tested.

[edit on 6/19/2010 by Alaskan Man]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:32 PM
link   
Coming from anyone else I'd take this with a grain of salt. I'm in the neighbor state below you. I will definitely keep a closer eye on the rains around here. I have also felt something is not quite right in the rains lately. Even small uneventful storms put me on a heightened alert. Thank you for bringing this up.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
reply to post by boondock-saint

That's very strange. I too live in NC but I haven't noticed anything like that. I guess it's possible that the oil spill is affecting us but I live on the coast so you would think I would have noticed something like this before you if it was the oil. Chemtrails? Maybe.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
I'm betting that with all the funky particulate matter being put into the atmosphere from the burning of the oil on the surface and the rig itself in combination with the dispersants; you got some toxic **** floating around.

I'm sorry about your plants but let's hope that mother nature has a way to implement some kind of cleansing before we experience enormous crop failures.

As a cotton & onion farmer; I'm scared ****less. So far we haven't experienced anything like that in Texas.

Sadly I don't feel optimistic about this catastrophe. Everyone will pay for BP's incompetence and greed.

[edit on 19-6-2010 by whaaa]

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
Oh dear, NC? Damn, I live in VA, this is scary, especially if it does have to do with oil or chemtrails, because if it does, this is just the beginning

Maybe this rain will be widespread and cause the food mass shortage Alex Jones always talks about, but lets hope its isolated.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:47 PM
link   
UH...oh....I'm gonna have to look myself! I'm in Charleston right below you! I'm gonna have a good look in the morning. It rained today and yesterday here. That's the first rain in over a week and a half but that doesn't look good. Thanks for the heads up! S&F.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:50 PM
link   
well remembering myself from helping growing corn and beans it looks like they are burnt from either too much pesticides or maybe you are right some sort of acid rain or maybe mold but mold is usually in gardens so one or the other.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:57 PM
link   
Circular black spots 1/4 inch in diameter appear on upper leaf surfaces. Each black spot has a feathery margin and is surrounded by a yellow halo. As the spots enlarge and coalesce, the entire leaf turns yellow and falls from the plant. Purplish or brownish spots and streaks may appear on canes. The picture i saw on the net was the same as yours and it says it is a fungus

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
www.olyrose.org... This is the link I used

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:03 PM
link   
Wouldn't it be more logical to first try and find out if it had any natural means? Why think such illogical things when a bug,fungus, or disease is a highly probable cause.

+10 more 
posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:06 PM
link   

it's a fungus. I am not sure how you get it, but it shows up when it's been real hot. I am in NC, it's been real friggin hot. I may be wrong, but I think that there aren't really chemtrails being sprayed on us by the bad man. But If you could get an official sample of the rain and have it tested, you would hold the smoking gun and be the hero of the day. Women would faint at your sight, small children would chant, "boondock, boondock"

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gouzze
Circular black spots 1/4 inch in diameter appear on upper leaf surfaces. Each black spot has a feathery margin and is surrounded by a yellow halo. As the spots enlarge and coalesce, the entire leaf turns yellow and falls from the plant. Purplish or brownish spots and streaks may appear on canes. The picture i saw on the net was the same as yours and it says it is a fungus

I have to agree, it's bacterial.

Here is another link with some more info as well.

www.planetnatural.com...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 10:14 PM
link   

Is it something you can scrape off? If so, it may be Powdery mildew
www.clemson.edu...

Powdery mildew is the name given to a group of diseases caused by several closely related fungi. Their common symptom is a grayish-white, powdery mat visible on the surface of leaves, stems, and flower petals. There are many hosts; and although this disease is not considered fatal, plant damage can occur when the infestation is severe.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/464e785c4417.jpg[/atsimg]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join