It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Putin boasts new jet fighter better than U.S. plane

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Putin boasts new jet fighter better than U.S. plane

www.reuters.com

(Reuters) - Prime Minister Vladimir Putin climbed into the cockpit of Russia's newest fighter jet on Thursday and said it would trump a U.S.-built rival, the F-22 Raptor.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 05:25 AM
link   

Successful development of the fighter, built by Sukhoi, is crucial to showing Russia can challenge U.S. technology and modernize its military after a period of post-Soviet decay.

Maybe Brazil should be buying those jets, instead of the french ones.

Anyway, very interesting statement from Putin. He claims the new russian fighter jet will be supperior in maneuverability, weaponry and range. Not to mention it would cost 3 times less.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Only he forgot to mention that it does not exist yet. It is only being developed, as opposed to US jet been operational for years.
And yes , it is possible that new Russian fighter WILL be better. Since it is a lot later model then F-22. But right now nor its final characteristics, not its final price are known.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:11 AM
link   
Well, he is trying to promote the plane too.

He's hardly going to tell the truth and say...

"Vell, ya. In ze last 40 years everytime a Soviet - I mean Russian - fighter has met a western fighter in combat it has lost and that counts for ze tanks too"!

Sorry about the German accented Russian.

Nice plane.

Regards

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:14 AM
link   
Lol, now you see who those parts of the crashed f-117 in Serbia went to ...

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:16 AM
link   
I think i saw a YouTube from this event, and it seams like the PAK FA is starting to show of some moves. To bad the video don't show the whole display.

www.youtube.com...

In a moth or two we will probably see more of what this jet is capable of doing, when it comes to maneuverability.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:29 AM
link   
reply to post by henriquefd

considering russia has had more time with thrust vector tec
i wouldnt be supprsied if they can make a plane which is more agile and more manovrabale

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 06:30 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi
Well, he is trying to promote the plane too.

He's hardly going to tell the truth and say...

"Vell, ya. In ze last 40 years everytime a Soviet - I mean Russian - fighter has met a western fighter in combat it has lost and that counts for ze tanks too"!

Sorry about the German accented Russian.

Nice plane.

Regards

Well what you state here is not totally true is it. A year or two ago, A Russian MIG outmatched a F-16 on all accounts. And it happened in Germany.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
reply to post by spy66

In combat was the word used. Not in an exercises. It all comes to the crunch when the safety's off, regardless of airshows, exercises and YouTube performance.

There have been few examples of Russian kit bettering Western kit over the last (say) 40 years.

I'm not slating Russian kit, but the facts must be faced.

Regards

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 07:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by paraphi

You realy don't know much if thats what you think!

Forget mother of all bombs see farther of all bombs or the russian torpeods that do something like 500mph under water.

Sea serphant is another one and also see who's taking the bigest parts upto the space station.

Time to switch over from your BBC/CNN/Fox news and to get the big picture.

America did not win the war in europe, it was Russia and the only reason you think it was america was because of Hollywood film studios.

You might remember the story of a Russian mig fighter defecting to the west with his plan and that the americans could not stop laughting when they found out the Mig was using old elctronic value technoligy but they soon shut up when they realised why didn't they.

Russian missiles are ten years ahead of anything the USA has and ask yourself when was the last time you saw a Russian stealth bomber.

US Tanks in WWII were crap against the German pantha tanks but the USA could produce these tanks in such large numbers that they won and it could well be the same with Russian tanks.

You realy would not want to pick a fight with Russia or China for that matter.

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 08:41 AM
link   
reply to post by LieBuster

Try to keep it real. Regardless of the kit Russia has / has not got (the biggest bomb or the fastest torpedo) none of these have been used. The point is that in the last (say 30-40 years) each time Russian / Soviet kit has come up against western kit it has failed the test.

I am not diminishing Russian prowess in developing and fielding decent equipment, but (as I said), to date that equipment has failed the army who has fielded it.

Regards

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:14 AM
link   
The F-22 is being replaced by the F-35 from Lockheed Martin. The F-22 was a working model for the more advanced F-35. Lockheed Martin is projected to make a killing on this aircraft. I got there company report a few days ago and they made 40 BILLION last year and expect a 10% increase due to the F-35.

Thegear

posted on Jun, 19 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
yet again the Russians copy another American plane.

i go on a site called English Russia its great. they
give away loads of old secrets that the USA would
never dare.

there is a whole section of pictures of US planes
and the nearly exact copy of the Russian plane.
looks like an F22 to me.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by thegear
The F-22 is being replaced by the F-35 from Lockheed Martin. The F-22 was a working model for the more advanced F-35. Lockheed Martin is projected to make a killing on this aircraft. I got there company report a few days ago and they made 40 BILLION last year and expect a 10% increase due to the F-35.

Thegear

*facepalm* please get your facts straight. the F-35 is not more advanced than the F-22. thats like saying the F-16 is more advanced than the F-15. kindly do more research as the F-35 is supposed to replace the F-16 in multirole while the F-22 replaces the F-15 as the air-superiority fighter.

regarding the PAKFA, i guess its safe to say that we all ain't seen nothing yet. keep in mind that what we saw was a test plane to prove that the basic planform can fly and it might not even be using the engines that are being designed for it. and look at that huge electro-optical sight right in front of the cockpit.

[edit on 6.20.10 by toreishi]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:25 AM
link   
reply to post by paraphi

what utter bull , check out the vietnam, korean and indo-pak wars , Soviet equipment pretty well .
U.S losses:
All told, the U.S. Air Force flew 5.25 million sorties over South Vietnam, North Vietnam, northern and southern Laos, and Cambodia, losing 2,251 aircraft:
Vietnam losses:

* An-2 4 claimed
* MiG-17 Fresco 36
* MiG-19 Farmer 2
* MiG-21 Fishbed 54

in korea US and UN losses were 3046 aircraft compared to 1000 on the commie side .
www.spiritus-temporis.com...

In indo -pak wars, again India defeated pakistan with soviet equipment in 1971

[edit on 20-6-2010 by sadchild01]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

wheres the proof for the BS you post?

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:28 AM
link   
Sukhoi makes a beautiful aircraft. I'll admit I'm partial to good looks and the Raptor is not pretty in comparison. Russian avionics and missile technology have always been impressive if not equal to western. And, they have the uber-scary helmet targeting system.

187 Raptors will be built at a cost of $360 million per. Top of the line stuff. The Russian doctrine has been do the job for less. If the same amount of cash is expended on T-50s, how many can they build? How many Su's does it take to bring down a Raptor? We're not likely to ever find out but it's an intriguing question. As bitchin as the Raptor is, I still would not want to face a flight of Su's in a 10 to 1 situation.

[edit on 6/20/2010 by Phage]

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:30 AM
link   
S+F

Russia also has breaking technology not just USA.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:37 AM
link   
While everyone on here is busy stroking their e-peens let me remind you of something. The real scary planes are the ones that neither Obama nor Putin are able to do photo ops in. You can fight about tech all day but no one on this board seriously knows where either of these nations are technologically.

posted on Jun, 20 2010 @ 12:39 AM
link   
reply to post by ventian

Right.
Raptors and Su's are just toys to distract us imbeciles.
Dream on.

<<   2  3  4 >>

join