It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German Pac-Man ships eat oil for breakfast, so why aren't they in the Gulf?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

German Pac-Man ships eat oil for breakfast, so why aren't they in the Gulf?

dvice.com

The BP oil mess has brought out all kinds of wacky schemes for cleaning up that oil, but the Germans have been prepared for this type of thing for decades. Apparently designed by somebody who just finished an intense round of Pac-Man, the Bottsand class oil recovery ship literally splits in two to scoop up the polluted water.

Once collected, the ship then separates the oil from the sea water in its 790 cubic meter recovery tank, which is equivalent to about 5000 Barrels. While that may not be nearly enough for a spill the size of Deepwater Horizon, I say every little bit helps, and these sh
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   
Now I know there is a ton of conspiracies about why no one is doing anything and this is why. Quit spraying the corexit or whatever and get a few of these out there to help. We ship a load of gold to them at least once a month through the fed so they could even donate it.

If this is the wrong spot please relocate to appropriate location.

dvice.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 11:41 PM
link   
Leave it to the Germans to create an engineering masterpiece. I have trained with the a Germany Paratrooper unit and those soldiers had all kinds of cool gadgets and weapons. Those Germans sure make great engineers and we should definately be enlisting them to help in this global disaster.

--airspoon

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
reply to post by eazyriderl_l

Nice idea for a small spill but it would take a fleet of 30 of these things in the gulf of Mexico and they'd be running into each other.

But it's very innovative, and cool-looking!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:23 AM
link   

Despite the vow by President Obama to keep the Gulf oil spill a top priority until the damage is cleaned up, 50 days after the BP rig exploded, a definitive date and meaningful solution is yet to be determined for the worst oil spill in the U.S. history.

So, you would think if someone is willing to handle the clean-up with equipment and technology not available in the U.S., and finishes the job in shorter time than the current estimate, the U.S. should jump on the offer.

But it turned out to be quite the opposite.

U.S. Refused Help on Oil Spill

According to Foreign Policy, thirteen entities that had offered the U.S. oil spill assistance within about two weeks of the Horizon rig explosion. They were the governments of Canada, Croatia, France, Germany, Ireland, Mexico, the Netherlands, Norway, Romania, Republic of Korea, Spain, Sweden, the United Kingdom, and the United Nations.

The U.S. response - Thank you, but no thank you, we've got it.

"..While there is no need right now that the U.S. cannot meet, the U.S. Coast Guard is assessing these offers of assistance to see if there will be something which we will need in the near future."

Read more: www.business... insider.com/heres-the-real-reason-america-refused-international-help-on-the-oil-spill-2010-6#ixzz0r76ugN7l

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Thanks for that post. I know i have isp problems, but i came up with nothing when i searched for related info on the pac-man ship. Granted it would take a lot of these to make a huge difference, but I am of the mindset that any help would be great. then again.... I'm not trying to cover up anything or sensor any media outlets or countires.

That business link is broken by the way

[edit on 18-6-2010 by eazyriderl_l]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:36 PM
link   
The main reason these ships aren't here is because of an old piece of legislation called the Merchant Marine Act of 1920. Please read the link below for clarification...

en.wikipedia.org...

Mind you this act can be repealled by the President, but has not. Makes you question why, doesn't it?

[edit on 18-6-2010 by GuiltyByDesign]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:44 PM
link   

Originally posted by eazyriderl_l
That business link is broken by the way

whoops, didn't notice that...
www.businessinsider.com...

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:21 PM
link   
BP has turned down every credible industry offer of assistance.

BP should have its US assets seized, auctioned & then kicked with a steel-toed boot right out of this nation FOREVER.

new topics

top topics

join