It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Financial considerations to the US Government

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
One aspect that is being somewhat overlooked is the fact that BP stands for BRITISH Petroluem. The funding that will be ongoing for years to this area will have to come from that Corporation. This will be billions and billions of dollars in reparations, clean-up, environmental impact, technological development of Green technology to deal with multiple levels of damage, and numerous other effects to the whole region.

This is essentially free money to the Obama Administration. It will fund "programs" for many years, creating jobs, and helping to develop additional Green technologies. All the while, they don't have to ask Congress for the money for these programs, because it is coming from BP!

While in the short term there is deep levels of damage to the finances of the region, the lost fishing, touristry, industry, etc., will be, eventually, reimbursed by BP.

Perhaps the Obama Administration, and the Government in general, isn't so anxious to get that oil well quickly capped after all. It is, for all intents, FREE MONEY from British Petroleum, and it will continue to come into the area long after the oil has disappeared from the surface of the Gulf.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   
After all, it's part of their history, it seem's, now isn't it....

2 OIL COMPANIES ADMIT PAYMENTS; British Petroleum and Shell Paid $7.9 Million to Italian Parties in Coalition

April 14, 1976, Wednesday

Page 13, 612 words

LONDON, April 13 Two major European oil companies, Royal Dutch/Shell and British Petroleum, admitted today that they had made contributions to political parties in Italy's coalition Government. They also said they had made smaller payments in other countries. [ END OF FIRST PARAGRAPH

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth1000
One aspect that is being somewhat overlooked is the fact that BP stands for BRITISH Petroluem. The funding that will be ongoing for years to this area will have to come from that Corporation. This will be billions and billions of dollars in reparations, clean-up, environmental impact, technological development of Green technology to deal with multiple levels of damage, and numerous other effects to the whole region.

Nice to see the trolls are out again.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
All it will take is a declaration of bankruptcy by BP, US. BP has organized themselves into many subsidiaries, BP, US being one of them. Once bankrupt, good luck getting more funds from other BP entities.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:35 PM
link   
But you see, you have to think like the Government to understand the Government.

President Obama wants all sorts of programs, but if Congress doesn't find the funding for them, they don't happen.

Then, here comes multiple billions of dollars in reparations, etc, from BP. BP won't be allowed to simple give the money straight to the people who deserve it. The money will be forcibly funneled through NEW GOVERNMENT RELIEF AGENCIES! Their operations will be strictly an Executive Branch function, and will not require any advice or allow any direct oversight by Congress.

To an extent, it is little different from the funding for the NGOs I keep going on and on about. The thing is that unless you see how the Government creates and funds these "special programs" you can't see how they develop into something else years from now. That is the pattern I keep writing about. It is HOW covert operations are created, and how they keep going, WITHOUT Congressional, or other, proper oversight.

As these billions come in from BP, they will circulate through the hands of the new organizations that will be created to handle this "emergency."

Think about 9/11. Huge sums of money were provided by citizens, organizations, the Government, and even overseas sources. When all of those donations came in, who made certain the money was distributed ONLY to those who needed it? The Government!

After Katrina, the same thing happened. HUGE sums of money were donated or allotted to the Katrina Recovery. Who controlled all that money to see HOW it would be distributed? The Government!

What if some of that 9/11 money had been diverted to BLACKWATER - who would know or be able to prove it? After all, that money did NOT come from Congress, for the most part, it came from donations. To whom does the Government account for those donations? The answer: NO ONE!!!

Who actually knows how the 9/11 or Katrina money was utilized by the Government? In reality, not even the Government fully knows that!

Who will be able to fully account for the billions that BP is about to provide to the citizens of the US?

Now there is a question to consider!!!!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
BP is a public company - and I believe around 50% of it is held by US investors. A lot of those investors are probably pension funds and the like ...

So essentially, "small people" will be paying these so called reparations, either through future pension cuts, or by loss of wages/stagnant wages due to capital destruction.

It always trickles down.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:43 AM
link   
That is very much true. But from the Government's standpoint, they don't really care. As long as it is money obtained without official oversight, it can be diverted however they desire. If they have some secret project that needs additional funding, they just found it!

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 06:46 AM
link   
reply to post by Truth1000

are you a paid anti-obama troll? Obama is a revolutionary, you may not understand his dealings with BP but there for the better. And in writing I find it that you seem not to like GREEN technology, you complaining about an oil spill and being anti-green.
You are person with much bitterness.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 07:02 AM
link   
I am not anti-Obama; I actually supported him and wanted him for President.

First, I am not a troll of any type. I have quite intentionally posted the information on who I am, and why I am here.

My post really has nothing to do with President Obama. The people I am referring to would be doing their "thing" if Madonna was President.

What you mistake for bitterness is experience. I have been involved with the very types of missions to which I refer in my thread. That is how I know HOW this works.

With this in mind, please go back and re-read this thread, and I am sure you will see a different message in my topic.

new topics

top topics

join