It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Global organized crime becoming new superpower: U.N.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Global organized crime becoming new superpower: U.N.

www.reuters.com

Governments must smash markets supplied by the global "superpower" of organized criminals trafficking drugs, people, arms and counterfeit goods, the U.N. crime chief said on Thursday. Criminals are reaping profits in the tens of billions of dollars, Antonio Maria Costa, head of the U.N. Office on Drugs and Crime, told Reuters about a report released by his agency.

But countries are not cooperating enough with each other and the United Nations, and are too focused on traffickers.

(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   
Organized crime a transnational issue? It seems that the world of corruption has finally made the limelight of the UN. Directly effecting Billions of lives, and making the black markets billions in money.

Throughout history these markets have been exploited by various organization, yet it seems that someone hasn't done their jobs of making sure this type of behavior and criminal activity would not continue. Where is the policing agencies now? Why is the heroin trade making so much money?

Ahh all in vain these questions, since most of the heroin is under US control I wonder about our true agenda in the middle east.

Is the world on the verge of Anarchy? Or the control of the black markets and racketeering?

Welcome to the new world of organized crimes.

www.reuters.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:27 PM
link   
Global organised Crime..... isn't that Bilderberg?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   
Global organized crime would be The United Nations themselves! This is a cabal of nations that have conspired to regulate the crap out of the individual, and in doing so have empowered a black market. Black markets wouldn't exist under a genuine free market because whatever is in demand people would be free to supply.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Jean Paul Zodeaux]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

Global organized crime would be The United Nations themselves!

Perfectly stated! Just like the title of the article is worded with :UN

When will the world wake up?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

Global organised Crime..... isn't that Bilderberg?

Yes indeed our suspicious gang known as bilderberg has been up to no good for quite sometime.

Again when will the world decide that enough is enough?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by theability

Ah yes..."the war on organized crime", hadn't they already stated this one?

The war on terror
The war on drugs
The war on guns

....nope haven't used organized crime yet. Let's take that one!!!

But countries are not cooperating enough with each other and the United Nations, and are too focused on traffickers.

Well then maybe it time the U.N. convinced these stubborn countries of the importance of this particular war because you never know what might happen.......if you know what I mean??

Global Organised Crime??....pfff...more like global organized competition.

Peace

[edit on 17-6-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I think you hit the nail on the head: There is a war on everything these days.

So much for peace in the world.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:35 PM
link   
My, what a clever lot!

Quite obviously they have yet to reconcile the very real nature of the irony.

If we accept the simple premise that laws and codes based upon self-evident human rights constitute the people, and the method of governance is to administer and maintain reasonable sustainability, then it follows that the goals and methods of organized crime are to subvert the intent of the social order, and reap immediate benefits, all while maintaining control of the people.

(Sorry for the run-on sentence people, but it came to me all at once.)

Organized crime is to global governance, as terrorism is to national sovereignty.

There is a joke in there somewhere... but I'm sure they won't get it. It is not in the nature of a 'ruling body' to appreciate the fine line between them, and those they call 'criminals.'

[edit on 17-6-2010 by Maxmars]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Maxmars

I can see why the elitist always decide to investigate themselves, so as to continue with the corruption and persuade the truth to be covered with lies.

As Winston Churchill once had stated:

There are a terrible lot of lies going around the world, and the worst of it is half of them are true.

also:

“In wartime, truth is so precious that she should always be attended by a bodyguard of lies.”

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:54 PM
link   

Ive got a news flash. Global organized crime already was the worlds superpower. It had just been in charge long enough to legitimize itself by codifying its criminal acts into "laws."

They just have their tighty whities in a twist because a new band of competing criminals is moving in on their turf.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:57 PM
link   
The U.S Corporate gov. is the most complex crime syndicate on the planet IMHO.

More ruthless then any mob or gang.

They are the real terrorists.

I concur with previous posts, the Bilderberg group is the meeting of all the corporate countries to talk about their global plans.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:58 PM
link   
reply to post by Illusionsaregrander

They just have their tighty whities in a twist because a new band of competing criminals is moving in on their turf.

Wow witty remark and a thumbs
!!!

You have brought a great idea up, the outlaws are outlawing the law and they aren't happy!

What a tongue twister!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
How can SO MANY illegal drugs like heroin get into every city in the U.S.?
Obviously, the U.S. (CIA) WANTS it that way.

Now, they absolutely do NOT want hand grenades, automatic rifles and rocket launchers sold on the street. So, we don't have that.
They manage to keep OUT what they want to keep out, and keep the stuff coming IN that they want to come in.
Prisons for profit makes a whole lot of sense now.
We don't want to break down the doors of someone that has grenades and automatic rifles, we want them to be drugged out of their minds, so they can be sentenced to a federal prison for profit.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:00 PM
link   
reply to post by Jean Paul Zodeaux

I have read many of your post and respect your thoughts immensely. You've got the crux of the matter in hand. Let me just elaborate by saying that the black market is not so much a cancerous growth to the current tyrants in power, but more akin to a yin to their yang.

What we have here friends is what the elite hate most of all in this world; competition.

I'm afraid it is a case of the pot calling the kettle black. I imagine however that it must be hard to juggle all the pieces that allow the show to go on. Perhaps with all the public dissent TPTB are finding it harder to keep their order.

Perhaps the cartels that have played such a key role in this cloak and dagger game are starting to smell blood and relationships are being stressed.

What we all can hope for is that by some cosmic justice they take care of each other and leave us to rebuild.

[edit on 17-6-2010 by PayMeh]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:03 PM
link   

Well, would this smashing of "organized criminals" include the biggest criminal gang the CIA?

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
reply to post by C11H17N2NaO2S

CIA?

Criminals In America?

You said that right!

[edit on 17-6-2010 by theability]

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Illusionsaregrander

Ive got a news flash. Global organized crime already was the worlds superpower. It had just been in charge long enough to legitimize itself by codifying its criminal acts into "laws."

A penny for the smart dude.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

A penny for the smart dude.

Imagine that, ATS actually has smart people on the forum YEAH!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   

Funny, I was under the impression that governments were the biggest criminals. Did we ever burn those opium crops in Afghanistan?

[edit on 17-6-2010 by KrispyB]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join