It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Poll: Louisianans think Bush did better on Katrina than Obama on oil mess ...

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
Interesting.

Because one thing democrats ferociously attacked Bush about was his supposedly bad handling of the Katrina issues.

Now, people in Louisiana are seeing things quite a bit differently, as shown by some recent polling data.

polling data

Our new Louisiana poll has a lot of data points to show how unhappy voters in the state are with Barack Obama's handling of the oil spill but one perhaps sums it up better than anything else- a majority of voters there think George W. Bush did a better job with Katrina than Obama's done dealing with the spill.

50% of voters in the state, even including 31% of Democrats, give Bush higher marks on that question compared to 35% who pick Obama.

Overall only 32% of Louisianans approve of how Obama has handled the spill to 62% who disapprove. 34% of those polled say they approved of how Bush dealt with Katrina to 58% who disapproved.

Perhaps just one more indicator of how the voting will go this November and in 2012.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:23 PM
link   
I saw this.

And we all remember what a drunken monkey mess the hurricane was.

So IMO that is saying A LOT about the current handling of this.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 03:29 PM
link   
A whole 4% with the current oil spill seemingly at DEFCON 5!
I love this stuff.

I wouldn't have touched this one, but I'm certainly not surprised when certain people do. Good luck.

Peace

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   
I believe this poll has an agenda
behind it.

Comparing Katrina to the GOS
is like apples and oranges.

a hurricane lasts for a day then subsides

an oil spill lasts for months even years

I dont like Obama's policies either
but it isn't fair to Obama to compare
the 2.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
Well, how short time memories people have, under the watchful eye of the bush administration more people die for lack of proper preparations during and after the storm than from the oil spill.

But in this later disaster case the victims of death are wild life. . .

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:28 PM
link   
New Poll:

Most Americans agree that government should be responsible for everything.

Government has no business spending my tax dollars on cleaning up the mess of a private corporation.

Here is what my tax dollars should be spent on:

1. The court costs of the judges to arbitrate property damages between fishermen/property owners and BP.

2. Enforcement of that judgement.

End of story.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
It must be because that was then and this is now. We are programed as humans to forget the pain of the past. The GOS is affecting a whole lot more people than Katrina - at least after Katrina they could go back to fishing and rebuilding their lives. Wildlife habitats were not destroyed, just misplaced by an occurance of nature. Come on people its not even fair to compare the two events and how they were or are handled by Bush and Obama.

Ask them again in a couple of months?

Put em in a pot, stir em around a little and you get the same thing!

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by mnemeth1

Exactly, that is something that people doesn't understand, Obama have to let BP run the show because as soon the government takes over it means tax payer will be footing the bill.

But you try to explain why this is the way it is and your thread doesn't get enough views.

Obama Not to Blame for Gulf Spill: Ron Paul

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Seems to me there's really no comparing the two disasters.

This is a contrived politically motivated poll that is symptomatic of the divisive, political mess this country has become, which distracts us from both action common sense, logical thinking.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:41 PM
link   
Anyone who knows how emergencies were handled before Katrina knows that the ball was dropped by Mayor Nagin and Governor Blanco.

In those days, it was a bottom up system where the local authorities requested federal assistance.

Since then, that system has been turned upside down, so the feds don't have to wait until the locals wake up and then take the blame for it.

I don't know what the deal is with oil spills, but it appears to this observer that Moe, Larry and Curly could do better.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:47 PM
link   
You dont waana leave your home when a crisis happens.You paid all your life for it and you want to protect even if it means no runing water and no juice.
what can we do for an oil spill ? we cant even get there...

Here we are waiting for the gov to save us ...dammit many of us will die !

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 04:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by GradyPhilpott
Anyone who knows how emergencies were handled before Katrina knows that the ball was dropped by Mayor Nagin and Governor Blanco.

In those days, it was a bottom up system where the local authorities requested federal assistance.

Since then, that system has been turned upside down, so the feds don't have to wait until the locals wake up and then take the blame for it.

I don't know what the deal is with oil spills, but it appears to this observer that Moe, Larry and Curly could do better.

Exactly, it was the local and state governments that "fiddled while Katrina blew", but it was convenient for the dems to pile the blame on Bush.

Now, it is the Louisiana state government - run by a republican - that is trying to get things done and the federal government - run by dems - that is acting like a roadblock.

So, obama IS rightfully taking the blame for the lack of progress on this debacle. He's even had to have some of his supporters tell him he needs to act more like he gives a $**t, which caused the White House spokesman Gibbs to issue a press release that obama was now "furious".

[edit on 6/16/2010 by centurion1211]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
polls show? seriously.. I dont give wieght to any polls wether they support or detract from my position as there are so many differant ways to skew the results..from the demographic you ask, to the wording in the questions, they are the slipperiest propaganda tool out there..for the record i dislike bush and dont care for obama either im not biased to the results i just dont think much credibility should be rested on the back of ANY poll..

~meathead

[edit on 16-6-2010 by Mike Stivic]

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by marg6043
Well, how short time memories people have, under the watchful eye of the bush administration more people die for lack of proper preparations during and after the storm than from the oil spill.

But in this later disaster case the victims of death are wild life. . .

Marg,

Not short memories, but false memories.

Instead of continuing the fallacy of blaming Bush for Katrina, don't you remember the pictures of the hundreds of New Orleans school buses sitting under water because the democrat mayor of New Orleans wouldn't authorize their use to evacuate people who had no other means to get out of the city? Doesn't that make the mayor more responsible for people dying than Bush?

Link to picture of the flooded buses - verified by snopes.com, BTW ...

[edit on 6/16/2010 by centurion1211]

top topics

join