It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Night/Day Anomoly UK

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I dont really know whether this really counts as a conspiracy. But as I just walked home at 2.10am in east anglia, UK, its starting to get light again. I am very much a night owl and have been for many years but I never remember it getting light at 2am before. What makes it weirder is that the light is more pronounced in the north, rather than the east, although in the low light conditions it could well be cloudy in the east, its hard to tell.

Usually ~3am it starts to get light at the very height of summer and we are only just over a week from the solstice,so that makes sense. But 2am, Ive never experienced this before, please tell me if I am misremembering. The only explanation I can see would be if the earth had rotated on the 'wrong' axis, which Iam sure someone else would have noticed long before I did.

I have been to many many camping parties so am used to seeing the dawn break. It just feels wrong.

First ever thread post so go easy on me.

la2

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:31 PM
link   
it could always be a new source of light polution, its definatly localised, because i'm 13 miles from Birmingham, and its dark here still

welcome to ATS x

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:38 PM
link   
Thats even odder, there's a city to the east which is giving off its usual orange glow, but to the north is a few villages, the nearest northerly town is a good 20-25 miles. Its getting brighter all the time too and its right accross the skyline now.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:41 PM
link   
I hate to be one of 'those' types- but can you post a pic or 10?

I wonder if it isn't a fire, and the haze and cloudiness (if there is any) is making it look like a sunrise.

I have to trot out and do the garbage- I will have a look north here (NC) and see if anything looks unusual. We just had rain, and the sun just set, so I may see something, or I may not. If not, this is a localized thing.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by wylekat]

link   
reply to post by PGRacer

Dear PGRacer

According to this www.timeanddate.com... the sun rise in London should happen at 04:43 on the 16th of June 2010.

So I will be watching this thread to see if anybody comes on that has an idea about it.

la2

link   
Hmmmmm, it is very interesting, if you can get some photo's taken, I would be very interested to see. I'm not very familiar with East Anglia, its one of the places I have never visited.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:45 PM
link   
I live in south-east just outside of londonI just looked outside my window its still pitch black.........or so I thought, the northern sky is very bright! Its strange because the eastern is still dark.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
Oh, gosh. I am a morning person, and my internal clock has always been geared to wake me up, about an hour before dawn. I figure it's genetic, having come from a long line of farmers.

As it is, I wake up no later than 4:00 a.m. as it is. As the days start to get longer, or shorter, I still wake up an hour before dawn!

In your case, I'd be up at 1:00 a.m.

I'd put it off to light reflection from clouds. I live on the Gulf coast, and it's just barely dawn starting a little after 5 a.m. here.

Believe, me, I'd know if dawn was any earlier, because I'd be up!

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:47 PM
link   
reply to post by PGRacer

Dear PGRacer

According to this www.timeanddate.com... there is no way it should be light in the UK now.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by ALOSTSOUL
I live in south-east just outside of londonI just looked outside my window its still pitch black.........or so I thought, the northern sky is very bright! Its strange because the eastern is still dark.

It can't be city lights as to the north of me is a large expanse of wooded area.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:50 PM
link   
reply to post by ALOSTSOUL

Dear ALOSTSOUL

Keep on look north and let us know what is going on.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:53 PM
link   
You're very north. I get that where I am too. I am on the 53rd parallel. Remember is is daylight in the arctic right now. If I look to the north, it is a lot lighter than any other direction. Last year my husband and I were coming back from a summer party at about 2 am and driving north. I commented on the light, and he is a truck driver going to north Manitoba a lot, and he said he will drive up there, at night, it gets lighter and lighter, and then the sun comes up.

It doesn't match sunrise times, because the sunrise time doesn't account for the curvature of the earth. I think our earth has more of a wobble (precession) than usual. I have noticed nights with no moon for days at a time, and more than usual lightness at 3 am.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 08:56 PM
link   
Ah I just looked again and the eastern sky is brightning up. The eastern sky was block by cloud cover. Still the north is brighter and its pretty early for sunrise.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:01 PM
link   
Hmm ok well its 3am here now, Im going to take a look outside,
From my room its looking pitch black but i will have a peek outside, I have my camera always on hand in case,

Im also just outside London right now, Herts

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   
Ok well nothing really to report back to you, Its pretty dark out side all around, The sky is a dark blue above the clouds,

Also i keep this handy when noticing anything odd with the sky,

spaceweather.com...

[edit on 15-6-2010 by asala]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:07 PM
link   
reply to post by asala

Hey asala.

Is the eastern sky brightning where you are?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
This most likey the cause of the planet x crossing our way.

Where i am dawn comes way to early 4:20 AM while on the news weather network, it showed dawn show up around 5:10 Am.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Agent_USA_Supporter]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Not that i can see from where i am, Though there is thick cloud so making it hard to see in that direction.

And oddly i dont hear the birds out tonight, They have been pretty noisy most nights for the past month,

[edit on 15-6-2010 by asala]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:18 PM
link   
Funny this subject is brought up as I had somewhat of a similar experience a couple nights ago. It was around 11:30 p.m here on the east coast, and my sitting room I am in is all glass, so what I noticed was, I guess it was coming from the westerly direction, I noticed the sky was turning a very bright pink color. I looked behind me and it was pitch black. I just assumed it was my eyes playing tricks on me. I live in a very small neighborhood with no light pollution whatsoever, and my home is set in a 3 1/2 acre wooded area, surrounded by about 29 wooded acres owned by the township....It was a bit strange to say the least. I will keep my eyes peeled & camera at the ready, if this occurs again.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Well, I had a look- and there's still cloud cover from the storms across the north. The south, however, has this slight deep reddish / almost purple glow across it. Not sure what that's from...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join