It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

MARTIAL LAW ALERT: Gulf Coast Evacuation Scenario Summer/Fall 2010

page: 6
<< 3  4  5   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:36 PM
link   

all i've got to add to this discussion right now.

whatever happens, take care of yourself, your family, your friends and neighbors! stand up for whats right, and if SHTF.... refuse to be a sheep!

[edit on 15-6-2010 by Majestyka]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:40 PM
link   
reply to post by Blaine91555

Hey Blaine go look at this article...........

www.thetowntalk.com...

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by darkelf

There is just no way that our country can absorb the millions of people from three and a half states. Resources are stretched far enough with folks staying where they are. Where will we put all of these people? Who will pay to house, clothe and feed them? Many states are bankrupt and our economy cannot support the millions of people who will be affected by this. I honestly do not believe that a mass evacuation will take place. It will be far easier and cheaper for the government to let the people die.

If this is the scenerio we are to expect, then I would hope tptb would be merciful enough to spray a little *sleepytime* on us at onset of event so at least we don't have to suffer.

Brings to mind the Simpson's video "quarrantine and kill".

Good-bye cold, cruel world.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:18 AM
link   
I'm not going to even begin to take reports like this seriously until i start seeing evidence with my own eyes. I live in the red, about 20 miles off the Louisiana gulf coast. It's life as usual down here, for now. If i start seeing the military bases filling up, then i'll look closer.

But honestly, the thought of evacuating, even where i live, seems ridiculous to me. And everyone here still eats seafood, except for me, haha. I do have some gulf shrimp in my freezer, and chances are that it was packaged before the explosion, but i might throw it out, just to be safe.

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
I posted these links in a thread i started yesterday but i don't think anyone saw them so i will put them in here as they are relevant to the risks associated with oil in your environment.I don't live anywhere near your toxic Gulf but i think people near there should be aware
www.unesco.kz...
www.rferl.org...

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 12:44 AM
link   
reply to post by antar

There is a military surplus store in my town that has tons of military items in it. The guy who owns it is an old war vet. Now I went there in earlier this year(probably around december) and I asked him what gas mask would be best if i ever actually needed it to survive. There were a few different types there but he pointed me in the direction of the full face one that you pull over your head. Came with a nice filter and extra glass eye piece so i am pretty happy. Since all this has happened, I am glad that I have a good gas mask. They're not too expensive. $16.50

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 07:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by antar....
Then why is Obama making such a show in the MSM about the safety of the Gulf food being good for you.....

because his seafood was brought in with him on the plane......just saying ....

2step

posted on Jun, 16 2010 @ 08:07 AM
link   

Originally posted by Destiny Curious
reply to post by antar

There is a military surplus store in my town that has tons of military items in it. The guy who owns it is an old war vet. Now I went there in earlier this year(probably around december) and I asked him what gas mask would be best if i ever actually needed it to survive. There were a few different types there but he pointed me in the direction of the full face one that you pull over your head. Came with a nice filter and extra glass eye piece so i am pretty happy. Since all this has happened, I am glad that I have a good gas mask. They're not too expensive. $16.50

The only problem with gas masks is that you have to break the system to change the filter. Now if you have a safe place to do that then you don't have a problem but if you don't then it just prolongs the inevitable.

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
reply to post by getreadyalready

Wow, you are scary! ...

Corexit is illegal in Europe

WHY?

Lots of people who worked Exxon Valdez Clean up are still ill, and they could not get any settlements because there were no hard facts to back up their complaints.

I wrote the CDC .. I asked them to go down to the Gulf and to assist the health care facilities in the area to initiate a study of the Worker's complaints during and after clean up ... called a "Cluster of Symptoms" at this time.

I requested before and after blood and urine tests and a 30 to 60 minute detoxification regimen for anyone coming in with Cluster Symptoms.

This information can be kept by the medical facility and given to patients for later use if necessary .. which of course we all hope is unnecessary; but after the mess in Alaska ... better safe than sorry, agreed?

Overall the hope is to develop pre-exposure / during exposure /post exposure regimens for all the people who are involved. Just because those heroic citizens can handle the spins and the high and still walk to their shower at the end of the day, does not mean that they are not being compromised!! I would have them all on support herbs .. but that is just me. I don't eat hamburgers either, you can consider the source if you wish.

Still ... if you live there, and you get fumes, or after a month or so has passed; you might find a local clinic and get the blood and urine tests for toxic exposure to the chemical stew which the Gulf has turned into .. because in a couple years when the class action suits start (lawyers have to earn a living too) .. you will need your documented evidence!!

Hoagland on Bubble "tens of feet high" under the well head
Believed: Methane bubble under well head: 1
Part 2:
Violent eruption? .. Tsunami? .. part 2

And the well head is leaning! The relief wells may be not such a good idea .. three leaks? ... They were 4 miles down!! 100,000 PSI .. can any BOP handle that?

And the oil will hit the Carolina area and then veer to the Mid Atlantic Gyre ... maybe Corexit will dissolve the plastic there?

Why did the Russians say it would get into the clouds and rain down on the World if it is "actually gone" in 45 days ... ???? ... maybe by then it has just evaporated away? The stuff is D*** BAD!
Without it the oil can be recaptured from the water (at a cost) . Russia does it, the Saudis do it .. they both asked BP --- NOT TO USE IT ... called all they way over to the US with advice!! ... WHY? ..

Drop the Corexit and use the microbes ... they will eat the oil and leave shrimp food behind ... they are proven, and BP will have a totally vanished oil count before the relief wells even come in (the little guys are hungry and fast)!!

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 10:12 AM
link   
reply to post by Serendipity7

The Methane, the Tsunamis, the Fracturing around the well head, and the toxic chemical stew the Gulf is becoming is all agreed! I think these are the major concerns.

I also agree that the Microbes that are currently breaking down the oil are the best possible thing for this mess.
Here is the University of Georgia's Professor Joye that is onsite monitoring the microbe growth and calling the situation "ideal" for them to do their job.
gulfblog.uga.edu...

The only thing we disagree on is this particular chemical Corexit, and possibly the use of dispersants in general. At first I was like you, I didn't like it, and I was extremely upset at the CG for allowing unprecedented amounts to get into the water, but then the oil didn't spread to the beaches? Week after week, the oil was sinking to the bottom of the Gulf instead of floating and spreading across the entire sea. Sure it is still dangerous at the bottom of the sea, but it is slower moving, it is less damaging to the marshlands and tourist economy, and it is "ideal" for the microbes to work on it down there.

Then I got involved in another thread and I was cornered into actually researching this particular chemical. I read the MSDS. I read the company's website. I read the CG and BP recommendations, and I determined for myself that this chemical was doing more good than harm. I didn't listen to the press or the bloggers or any obscure websites, I read it for myself, I used my degree and background in Chemistry and Petroleums, and I used my own analytical thought process and I decided that I am glad they are using it!

I wish they didn't have to use it, I wish they would use any number of the proven methods for stopping this leak. There are several that I believe could have worked in the first two weeks, and I think I could fix it myself given 10% of their budget. Angioplasty combined with topkill. Using those powerful clamps and cutters to install an open valve, weld, and then close. Using a high powered, multiple barbed tool to go in and obstruct the flow before trying any caps. Using a better engineered cap that would not clog, because instead of tapering it to a smaller opening, they taper it to a larger chamber and separate the methane ice. Using multiple pumping rigs to pump out of that chamber so fast that it creates a vacuum and no oil escapes.

We can argue about all of BP's and Obama's mistakes. Mitt Romney said it yesterday in Florida. "Obama should have called a meeting of the worlds brightest engineers, went over some scenarios, and then went to work on fixing this thing instead of letting BP handle it on their own."

But, as long as the oil is leaking, they need to continue using the dispersant.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 09:54 PM
link   
.......hey fellow ATS'ers, Isaac here nice to meet you ...wish it was under different circumstances..

Just my thoughts.....looking at the fact that much of New Orleans, surprisingly, never went through the same high foreclosures that the rest of the US did, at least according to the state..and the additional fact that much of the Louisiana, Mississippi and Florida coasts will make prime locations for refineries on the coast....check WiKi for the facts about the LOOP..it's where strategic petroleum and gas storage takes place, I think it's a land grab...plain and simple.... It's where our strategic petroleum/gas reserves are located in a vast series of caverns mined out of salt...no BS....all the way around the g.o.m , sometimes as far inland as 200 miles. There are many companies who store liquefied natural gas and oil in these mined caverns. Salt dome storage, it's called....I think that given the size of the oil deposit under the continental shelf,.. they will never leave it alone. Buy property on the LA coast, because in a year or 2 it will be worth a premium to an oil refiner. At least try to hold on to your home ownership if you live on the coast if they relocate you, make some money off of these evil people down the road.

posted on Jun, 22 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by isaacnd200
.......hey fellow ATS'ers, Isaac here nice to meet you ...wish it was under different circumstances..

Just my thoughts.....looking at the fact that much of New Orleans, surprisingly, never went through the same high foreclosures that the rest of the US did, at least according to the state..and the additional fact that much of the Louisiana, Mississippi and Florida coasts will make prime locations for refineries on the coast....check WiKi for the facts about the LOOP..it's where strategic petroleum and gas storage takes place, I think it's a land grab...plain and simple.... It's where our strategic petroleum/gas reserves are located in a vast series of caverns mined out of salt...no BS....all the way around the g.o.m , sometimes as far inland as 200 miles. There are many companies who store liquefied natural gas and oil in these mined caverns. Salt dome storage, it's called....I think that given the size of the oil deposit under the continental shelf,.. they will never leave it alone. Buy property on the LA coast, because in a year or 2 it will be worth a premium to an oil refiner. At least try to hold on to your home ownership if you live on the coast if they relocate you, make some money off of these evil people down the road.

I think that everyone should take a look at the pictures of the Caspian sea and some of the Middle East shorelines.

They are not places that you would want to take your children or spend your vacation money.

I think it is time that we make some of the hard choices. We really are the ones in control here and we can blame everyone in the world but the boomerang keeps coming back and landing on our doorstep.

We can reduce the amount of money that we pour into the oil industry, making them rich giants that keep trampling us under foot.

If we keep feeding the monster, he is going to keep getting larger and like the men of great renown of old they will end up eating us.

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CAELENIUM
BENZENE [not the same as the "benzene series" you are mixed up about] is specifically C6H6 and is lethal even in the smallest of quantity. EPA recommended exposure is maximum four parts per billion. EPA have published their measurements made a few weeks ago in Louisiana being 3300 parts per billion.

I have heard this before more than a few times, but never saw any real data to back this claim up.

If you go here, there are some actual numbers published by the EPA, but I don't understand the measurements (ug/m3 - is m3 another way of saying ml?)... and I don't know how to convert ug/ml to ppb...

Anyone? Here's the link (scroll about halfway down for a full months data):

epa.gov...

[edit on 1-7-2010 by tanstaafl]

posted on Jul, 1 2010 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Serendipity7
Overall the hope is to develop pre-exposure / during exposure /post exposure regimens for all the people who are involved. Just because those heroic citizens can handle the spins and the high and still walk to their shower at the end of the day, does not mean that they are not being compromised!! I would have them all on support herbs ..

Best protection - aside from getting the hell out of there - would be large amounts of activated charcoal, which is capable of adsorbing VOCs of almost all kinds extremely well. If I were down there, I'd be taking a TBS once every hour or two (just mix it in water). Its cheap and very effective...

I prefer to get both coconut and bamboo and mix them together (and no, I'm not affiliated, this is just where I buy mine)...

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
reply to post by robbinsj

Take a close look of nature around you.. First are there many Birds in your location?
Insects from that point on..

Smells they realize tell's you the truth.

Birds in flight, going North.. might want to follow them.. far far away!

Tough Call, but I'd rather be in a position to make it for myself!

No mistakes from that point on! CYA.

Be Wise!
Be Well!

JesseMole

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:17 AM
link   
reply to post by tanstaafl

ug/ml is micrograms per milliliter. ppb is parts per billion.

Benzene is certainly NOT lethal in small doses. We all absorb a lot of this stuff just from fueling and driving our cars.

The Oil Leak situation is dire, but a lot of claims are vastly exaggerated. I have had my hands covered in benzene, I have inhaled the vapors, I am still alive, although I can't account for my mental faculties!

6 ppb is a very low amount, but if you read those epa and msds links, you will see that to affect someone's health you either need years and years of exposure at those low levels, or you need exposures 100's of times higher than that.

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:28 AM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready
I'm in the RED!

No worries, we are not going to be evacuated unless all that Methane goes up, and then we won't need to be evacuated because we'll either be tsunamied or fried!

How do you find out the daily air quality? , does it be on tv or do you have to get on the web? Here in the Uk we have pollen counts with the weather for example.

Is there independent testing? I found this organisation

Bucket Brigade

The "Bucket Brigade" is a simple, but effective, tool that dozens of communities are using to find out for themselves what chemicals are in the air. Armed with their own data and information about the health effects of chemicals, these communities are winning impressive reductions of pollution, safety improvements and increasing enforcement of environmental laws

they are also asking for more people to set up.

[edit on 6-7-2010 by BANANAMONTANA]

posted on Jul, 6 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   

Originally posted by tanstaafl

Best protection - aside from getting the hell out of there - would be large amounts of activated charcoal, which is capable of adsorbing VOCs of almost all kinds extremely well. If I were down there, I'd be taking a TBS once every hour or two (just mix it in water). Its cheap and very effective...

I prefer to get both coconut and bamboo and mix them together (and no, I'm not affiliated, this is just where I buy mine)...

What great advice as they use this to clean water as well.. stands to reason. good to add the link as well.

top topics

<< 3  4  5   >>

join