It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama Law Warned Will Jail 500,000 Americans

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   
Text of H.R. 1955 [110th]: Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007

PROTECTING CIVIL RIGHTS AND CIVIL LIBERTIES WHILE PREVENTING IDEOLOGICALLY BASED VIOLENCE AND HOMEGROWN TERRORISM.

Just one of the provisions of this ACT.

The ACT is real folks... surf to the above link to learn ALL ABOUT IT...

suffice to say that this bill was killed and cant be voted on again, however that just means the mumbo jumbo voodoo alteration process is in the works grammamatically.

Version 1959 also failed .. so this shows they're not giving up... look for more on this fascist legislation to come.

[edit on 13-6-2010 by Megiddodiddo]

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:38 AM
link   
These idiots here would rather shoot the messenger & argue about the "source" rather than do any research to determine that.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by mikelee
These idiots here would rather shoot the messenger & argue about the "source" rather than do any research to determine that.

I am still eagerly awaiting your explanation of why the messenger(s) deserve no bullets?

The bill is from 2007. How did Obama write it?

When did the president start writing bills?

How does a president write a bill before he is even elected?

The bill has already died. Why would I not shoot a messenger that waits until after the news is no longer valid to deliver it and still get it wrong?

If you want to call people idiots, you might want to explain these things then. If understanding Obama was not president in 2007, he does not write bills, and this bill already died makes me an idiot then I am all ready to enter my education camp please.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by K J Gunderson

Below is the law that passed and is in the Congressional Record.
First introduced in the US Congress in 2007 by Democratic Representative Jane Harmon, this new law passed the US House of Representatives by a secretive voice vote, but failed to pass the US Senate, after which it was believed dead until this past week when it was embraced by Obama who became the first American President to name his own citizens as a threat to his Nations security. Obama made sure it was passed.

An excerpt from the archives.

HR 1955 RFS

110th CONGRESS

1st Session

H. R. 1955

IN THE SENATE OF THE UNITED STATES

October 24, 2007 - May 28 2010

Received; read twice and referred to the Committee on Homeland Security and Governmental Affairs

AN ACT

To prevent homegrown terrorism, and for other purposes.

Be it enacted by the Senate and House of Representatives of the United States of America in Congress assembled,

SECTION 1. SHORT TITLE.

This Act may be cited as the `Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism Prevention Act of 2007'.

SEC. 2. PREVENTION OF VIOLENT RADICALIZATION AND HOMEGROWN TERRORISM.

(a) In General- Title VIII of the Homeland Security Act of 2002 (6 U.S.C. 361 et seq.) is amended by adding at the end the following new subtitle:

Subtitle J--Prevention of Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism

SEC. 899A. DEFINITIONS.

For purposes of this subtitle:

(1) COMMISSION- The term `Commission' means the National Commission on the Prevention of Violent Radicalization and Homegrown Terrorism established under section 899C.

(2) VIOLENT RADICALIZATION- The term `violent radicalization' means the process of adopting or promoting an extremist belief system for the purpose of facilitating ideologically based violence to advance political, religious, or social change.

(3) HOMEGROWN TERRORISM- The term `homegrown terrorism' means the use, planned use, or threatened use, of force or violence by a group or individual born, raised, or based and operating primarily within the United States or any possession of the United States to intimidate or coerce the United States government, the civilian population of the United States, or any segment thereof, in furtherance of political or social objectives.

(4) IDEOLOGICALLY BASED VIOLENCE- The term `ideologically based violence' means the use, planned use, or threatened use of force or violence by a group or individual to promote the group or individual's political, religious, or social beliefs.

SEC. 899B. FINDINGS.

The Congress finds the following:

(1) The development and implementation of methods and processes that can be utilized to prevent violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence in the United States is critical to combating domestic terrorism.

(2) The promotion of violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence exists in the United States and poses a threat to homeland security.

(3) The Internet has aided in facilitating violent radicalization, ideologically based violence, and the homegrown terrorism process in the United States by providing access to broad and constant streams of terrorist-related propaganda to United States citizens.

(4) While the United States must continue its vigilant efforts to combat international terrorism, it must also strengthen efforts to combat the threat posed by homegrown terrorists based and operating within the United States.

(5) Understanding the motivational factors that lead to violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence is a vital step toward eradicating these threats in the United States.

(6) Preventing the potential rise of self radicalized, unaffiliated terrorists domestically cannot be easily accomplished solely through traditional Federal intelligence or law enforcement efforts, and can benefit from the incorporation of State and local efforts.

(7) Individuals prone to violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence span all races, ethnicities, and religious beliefs, and individuals should not be targeted based solely on race, ethnicity, or religion.

(8) Any measure taken to prevent violent radicalization, homegrown terrorism, and ideologically based violence and homegrown terrorism in the United States should not violate the constitutional rights, civil rights, or civil liberties of United States citizens or lawful permanent residents.

(9) Certain governments, including the United Kingdom, Canada, and Australia have significant experience with homegrown terrorism and the United States can benefit from lessons learned by those nations.

Source: Congressional log / Archives~Obama Bills

[edit on 6/18/2010 by mikelee]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Cause it sounds like your behind the times.....

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   
MODS: Why is this in the "hoax section" after citing this bill??

Respectfully submitted though.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

Below is the law that passed and is in the Congressional Record.
First introduced in the US Congress in 2007 by Democratic Representative Jane Harmon, this new law passed the US House of Representatives by a secretive voice vote, but failed to pass the US Senate, after which it was believed dead until this past week when it was embraced by Obama who became the first American President to name his own citizens as a threat to his Nations security. Obama made sure it was passed.

This is your idea of a retraction or correction? Just admit you were wrong. Do you even see how extremely different this is from the OP? Besides the fact that you end by stating Obama made sure it passed when in fact it did not pass? How about your little lie about Obama being the first president to name his own citizens as a threat? How old are you, Mike? Maybe you should look into two things. The Civil War, and World War II.

Your OP is a lie and your "correction" is still a lie.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:43 AM
link   

MODS: Why is this in the "hoax section" after citing this bill??

Respectfully submitted though.

Because your OP is one big blatant lie.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:44 AM
link   

Cause it sounds like your behind the times.....

That is why you think that Obama was president in 2007?

That is why you believe the president has the power to write laws?

Catch me up, then.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:11 PM
link   

3 replys uh? Obviously you are side stepping the facts and trying to ask questions of me about things I have never claimed. That tells me all I need to know.

Finished here. Facts demonstrated. Unsubscribed.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by mikelee

hey mike i see that gunderson is back at it again. always amazes me how this guy can be off topic and attack the poster and the mods sit back and do nothing about it! simply amazing! i think gunderson fails to realize that the president regardless of the year this came out whether it be bush or obama has an exucutive stamp which creates power until our worthless house gets together! as well gunderson leaves out that our constitution said nothing about czars, but owe hell we have them. that old triangle of old called the executive, judiscial and legislative branches have been castrated and now you have pretty much the executive branch running and operating things! so if the mods seem to put this in the hoax bend so be it, all i have to say is i keep one eye open at all times especially when so much media attention is on the oil, creates great timing for back door deals and bills dont you think?

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 01:55 PM
link   

3 replys uh?

3 different posts to reply to. What did you expect?

Obviously you are side stepping the facts and trying to ask questions of me about things I have never claimed. That tells me all I need to know.

I directly addressed your exact words. Perhaps you can quote me and show me what I missed so that I can help you out better?

Finished here. Facts demonstrated. Unsubscribed.

The fact that Obama was president in 07?

The fact that Obama wrote a law as president before he was elected?

The fact that this bill already died but you insist it is still coming?

Yeah, you keep missing those.

[edit on 18-6-2010 by K J Gunderson]

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by allprowolfy
reply to post by mikelee

hey mike i see that gunderson is back at it again. always amazes me how this guy can be off topic and attack the poster and the mods sit back and do nothing about it! simply amazing!

Perhaps you can point me to these off topic posts that the mods should be so keen to remove for you? Maybe you should look at my points sometime. The mods got it covered. Two people making baseless accusations do not make them any more true. Nice of you to start out on topic and without personally attacking me though
!

i think gunderson fails to realize that the president regardless of the year this came out whether it be bush or obama has an exucutive stamp which creates power until our worthless house gets together!

Where did the president stamp this dead bill?

as well gunderson leaves out that our constitution said nothing about czars, but owe hell we have them.

Huh? The constitution does not say anything about lots of things but if you want to get upset over Czars, Nixon started them and W. Bush still has the record for the most so you are a little late to the party.

that old triangle of old called the executive, judiscial and legislative branches have been castrated and now you have pretty much the executive branch running and operating things!

Except this dead bill though. You know, the one this thread is about? Do you know what the thread topic is? A dead bill from 07 attributed to a president elected in 08 but do go on.

so if the mods seem to put this in the hoax bend so be it, all i have to say is i keep one eye open at all times especially when so much media attention is on the oil, creates great timing for back door deals and bills dont you think?

Somewhere Alex Jones is yelling into an un-attended speaker somewhere. Do your part.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:48 PM
link   
sigh! so much anger and hate. you will give your self a hard attack or a stroke.

was it ever put on the forums? or is this the first time?
if it is the first time. then he should post it.
just because he cries wolf!
if any ATS member blindly believes what they read on ATS.
then they are fools.
you should all ways do some checking up for your self.

now you have some one else to hate!

<< 1   >>

join