It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nelson Mandela dead?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by harryhaller
I actually hope for our sakes that he does croak now. MUCH less chance of trouble. Once the soccer mayhem is over, nobody will give a damn.

Seriously, that old man has had far too much attention already, time for him to move on.

Shame on you , Shame on you my friend.

To say this about a man who gave this world so much.

Why don't you crawl back under whatever rock you crawled out to spew that nonsense.

posted on Jun, 13 2010 @ 04:24 AM
link   
Still no word or statement from N Mandela or the Nelson Mandela Foundation only that the funeral arrangements for his granddaughter, Zenani, are still being finalised.

I would have hoped for some type of statement from the family by now, perhaps not?

posted on Jun, 14 2010 @ 01:13 PM
link   

Mandela's great-granddaughter to be buried Thursday

(AFP) – 3 hours ago JOHANNESBURG — The funeral of Nelson Mandela's great-granddaughter, who died in a car crash on the eve of the World Cup, will be held on Thursday in Johannesburg, the Nobel laureate's office said. Thirteen-year-old Zenani Mandela was killed in a car that overturned last Thursday as it took her home from a pre-World Cup concert in Soweto. Mandela cancelled his planned appearance at the World Cup opener following news of the death. The funeral service will take place in the chapel of the school where she attended, the Mandela Foundation said in a statement. "There will be a private burial," it said. The driver of the car, Sizwe Mankazana, faces charges of drunk driving and culpable homicide. Mandela's office said Mankazana was the son of the partner of Nelson Mandela's oldest daughter, also called Zenani. Mankazana is due to appear in court on July 26.

Still no sign of Nelson Mandela

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
HUH?

You tell me what that silly little bomber boy gave "the world"?

I should be ashamed? Of what i ask?

If you are naive enough to have swallowed all the bull they said about him, shame on you. He is nothing more than a terrorist who has outlived his place on earth. And frankly, when i see the deavstation that followed "him", the apartheid govt should have hung him when they had the chance.

Only thing he ever gave in his life was my country to chaos.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Don't know about that?
You are crtainly closer to it that than I am.

But from the outside looking in I would suggest he had good reason to resent the apartheid regime and it was understandable that he actively fought against it.

On the face of things he seemed a well intentioned President when he resided over the new regime upon the overthrow of apartheid and he gave white South African's a decent crack of the whip.

He certainly was more understanding and concilliatory than those that have followed him who seem to be hell bent on recreating the abomination that is Zimbabwe, that would never have happened under Mandela.

I am not saying that he was the almost godlike humanitarian hero that some would have him be, there IS blood on his hands, but when comparing him to thoe that both preceeded and suceeded him, he wasn't that bad, was he?

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 02:53 PM
link   

I just try to be a bit more diplomatic, duality is tiresome and can be disrespectful to someone with a different opinion, you may very well be correct but this is not why I posted this thread
one thing is for sure, Mandela is like the glue on a piece of sticky tape holding the country together, when the glue dissolves the country will split apart.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 03:43 PM
link   

Carrying a bit of a chip there Harry?

I don't even want to know.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 04:09 PM
link   

I'm guessing you are a Boer, possibly descended from an apartheid government minster or sympathiser....

If i'm correct then why not try and be a bit more tolerant and realise that the "chaos" you talk about Mandela bringing to your country is the reason the world cup is happening there and billions of people all over the world are now focusing on South Africa and viewing it in a positive light....

...don't forget that under Apartheid's evil regime you were lucky if a bunch of rebel cricketers would come over just to play a match that NO-ONE outside of the stadium saw....

or i could be wrong and you are a Coloured guy from Soweto....but i doubt it...

posted on Jun, 17 2010 @ 07:50 AM
link   
I think OP you should do the decent thing ask the mods to close this thread.

May she rest in peace.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

I think you should mind your own business.. "sorry"

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:18 AM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

I'm guessing you weren't watching the funeral that Mandela was present at. Alive and well.

posted on Jun, 18 2010 @ 04:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by uptheirons!

I'm guessing you are a Boer, possibly descended from an apartheid government minster or sympathiser....

Firstly, unless you know what a Boer is, don't comment on them.

Reading the term Boer in newspaper propoganda, and knowing a Boer are two completely different things. Your statement is similar to me guessing that you are possibly a Kenyan pretending to be the USA president and an Illuminati sympathiser... just don't go there.

Secondly and back to the topic at hand. Many rumours of Mandela's death has come and gone... mostly due to the Uhuru stories doing the rounds. The man is 91, so when he goes it is expected.

My view is that the press will not release the story during the World Cup as it will most probably cause political upheaval in South Africa.

Currently most stories on crime are suppressed in the news.

Hikers that were mugged while walking on Table Mountain during the past two weeks never made the mainstream news (was only reported on in the local newsletters).

Very few rapes and murders are reported, e.g. a woman was raped by five men on Thursday morning in Port Elizabeth in front of her four year old son. So far I cannot find any reports in the main stream press or on news websites.

Any crime commited by a foreigner (e.g. theft of a handbag or cash) makes headline news, but as far as the world is concerned, the murders, etc. that were reported in past was all just a "media frenzy" by foreign press to make South Africa look bad before the World Cup.

Make of it what you will, but the press (as independant as they claim to be) serve their masters and they will pretend that all is moonshine and roses while South Africa is on display.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join