It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Nelson Mandela dead?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:57 AM
link   
Mandela to miss World Cup opening after family death

It's sad news that Nelson mandela's great granddaughter died in a tragic car accident last night, but even though we would all grieve in the same situation I can not help but to think that Mandela would still be at the opening ceremony of the most important event to take place in SA if his health would allow. a man who sacrificed so much for a nation would sacrifice is pain and present himself to the nation for this realised dream.

I woke up this morning considering that a loss like this could trigger a fatal blow to the old and courageous Mandela.

what if Nelson Mandela was dead? would they tell us? would they wait until after the world cup?
what would happen to a sporting event taking place in a nation of mourning?

I hope I am wrong and I hope we see him soon.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Seventytwo

what if Nelson Mandela was dead? would they tell us?

Probably. Though it would be quite a shocker huh.

In the mean time I hope he and his family can find some peace in this time of loss and sadness...

peace

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:07 AM
link   
I would think that he would appear, unless it so happens that he was very close to her and is in fact very grief stricken.

Having experienced deep grief myself, I know that it can be quite disabling. An otherwise very strong person can be reduced to blubber for a few days.

Hopefully, your fears are unfounded and he is ok.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:23 AM
link   

Well, it seems that mr. Mandela was alive two days ago. Sometimes you gotta wonder why people are so distressed, I think that they may have issues.

Christiano Ronaldo meets Nelson Mandela

-v

[edit on 11-6-2010 by v01i0]

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:34 AM
link   
Erm, before we all go round praising mandela, wherever there is power there is corruption: Who set up winnie to run the arms deals who set up winnies team to run the drugs and lets not forget the blood on their hands of the kidnapping and executions. Whilst all of this was being carried out by winnie, I wonder how much blood was spilt in his name?

CX

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 06:41 AM
link   
It's his granddaughter who died, not him....

Former South African president Nelson Mandela will not attend the opening ceremony of the World Cup today after his great-granddaughter was killed in a car crash.

Zenani Mandela was killed while returning home by car from the World Cup concert in Soweto last night.

The car flipped over on a motorway in central Johannesburg just after midnight. No-one else was injured, the Nelson Mandela Foundation said.

Mr Mandela's former wife Winnie Madikizela-Mandela was treated in hospital for shock after being informed of the tragedy.

A family relative who was driving the car has been arrested and may be charged with homicide.

Police say he was drunk at the time of the crash.

Source: Nelson Mandela's Great-Granddaughter Killed

CX.

CX

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:07 AM
link   
Watching the opening ceremony and they just said theres a chance that Nelson Mandela might be able to make an appearance.

Would be great if he could but it would be totaly understandable if not.

CX.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 10:55 AM
link   
Ok, this is strange. A few months ago I remember reading a thread here on ATS about Nelson Mandela dying. Well, I talked to my GF and we both thought he was alive. I think this must be one of those time slips. Apparently the dimension he died in merged with our dimension a few months ago. But, it must be back to "normal" now. This is really strange, really weird. What does everyone else think?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 11:59 AM
link   
I'm sure it was one of his former wives and not Nelson Mandela himself. Something related to him being in prison anyway though the family.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:11 PM
link   
This thread is tasteless and somewhat insane.

Some people may think football is the most important thing in the world but not any sane person.

The grief for Mandela must be heartbreaking.

He is 91 and you OP need to seek help for the way your brain is working.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:36 PM
link   
His great granddaughter only celebrated her 13th birthday on June 9

Apparently it seems that NM family had been worried about his health so actually attending the opening ceremony was not 100% guaranteed.

I will be hoping for a statement or an appearance within the next few days but this may not be likely, the Nelson Mandela Foundation said in a statement: "The family has asked for privacy as they mourn this tragedy."

Understandable I know but hopefully we will hear something soon before the world cup ends, the longer we weight the more suspicious I will feel.

To franspeakfree
"wherever there is power there is corruption"

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:39 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

How old are you?
Waist your energy on threads where you can contribute ..

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:48 PM
link   
I suspect that Mandela is still alive having seen recent photo's and footage of him.
However, he is 91 years old and quite frail and it must be a shock for him to his great-grand daughter in such tragic circumstances.

But if he has died we won't hear about it for a while, nothing will be allowed to take the limelight away from The World Cup.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 12:54 PM
link   
reply to post by DocDoyle

me and most everyone i know would swear that mandela died in prison years ago - timeshift.....

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

Yes this is my point.... if he was dead would the powers at be release the information?

It's a big huge event and so important to Africa but what of the moral implications?

It would be a difficult dilemma but somehow I have the feeling that Jacob Zuma would stop at nothing to keep this quiet until after the world cup.

also with sponsors, TV and all the economic implications would it or could it be morally acceptable to cover it up?

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
reply to post by DocDoyle

You're probably remembering this thread where Mandela's death is speculated upon.

reply to post by JohnySeagull

I think the fear for Mandela's life is legitimate considering his fragile state. Coupled with Operation Uhuru, as detailed in Gemwolf's thread referred to above, it is in my opinion a very valid question to ask whether Mandela's death (should it occur/have occurred) would be announced during such joyful times for South Africa.

Personally, I think they would indeed keep it under wraps till after the event. The security situation in South Africa is already under intense scrutiny from journalists and reporters from all over the world. Anything with a potential to incite riots or radically change the atmosphere would be disastrous for a country trying to sell a positive image to the world.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 01:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by franspeakfree
Erm, before we all go round praising mandela, wherever there is power there is corruption: Who set up winnie to run the arms deals who set up winnies team to run the drugs and lets not forget the blood on their hands of the kidnapping and executions. Whilst all of this was being carried out by winnie, I wonder how much blood was spilt in his name?

Yeah, but before we go throwing the baby out with the proverbial bathwater, let's share this thought:

If YOU came up with good ideas about somethings and people started using and mis-using that to justify atrocity... should YOU be blamed?

And to the OP:
I think "they" would try to conceal as much as profitable.

Peace

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I actually hope for our sakes that he does croak now. MUCH less chance of trouble. Once the soccer mayhem is over, nobody will give a damn.

Seriously, that old man has had far too much attention already, time for him to move on.

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:09 PM
link   
reply to post by franspeakfree

I would be interested to see the information you refer to. I have not paid him much attention, unfortunately.

I read a quote once that was mistakenly attributed to him:

“Our deepest fear is not that we are inadequate. Our deepest fear is that we are powerful beyond measure. It is our light, not our darkness that most frightens us. We ask ourselves, Who am I to be brilliant, gorgeous, talented, fabulous? Actually, who are you not to be? You are a child of God. Your playing small does not serve the world. There is nothing enlightened about shrinking so that other people won't feel insecure around you. We are all meant to shine, as children do. We were born to make manifest the glory of God that is within us. It's not just in some of us; it's in everyone. And as we let our own light shine, we unconsciously give other people permission to do the same. As we are liberated from our own fear, our presence automatically liberates others.”

skdesigns.com...

This quote is one of the most inspiring things i have ever read. If it were him that stated it, it would not matter to me what he did in his past. I would still see the value.

But, alas, it was Marianne Williamson from "A Return To Love: Reflections on the Principles of A Course in Miracles".

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   

You have obviously no clue what you are talking about. Do you have any idea what kind of a country South Africa is. Do you have any idea about the people who are around Mandela. The moment Mandela passes the world will know about it. This is not something that could be kept secret for 5mins. Have you ever been to South Africa.

<<   2 >>

join