It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Explosives built into airplanes?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
I ran across this earlier. Not sure how credible the guy speaking is, or what type or grade of explosives he is referring to. Quick search netted no other threads with this topic so...

Transcript of speech by Boeing's Doug Bain

And one nasty little thing is that the Bureau of Alcohol, Tobacco and Firearms, which has an almost explicit prohibition on possessing explosives. For those of you who are at BCA [Boeing Commercial Airplanes], you might remember that every single door on an airplane has actuators that are triggered by explosives.

Also in this transcript is mentioned the illegal sale of aircraft to china that were outfitted with at QRS-11 guidance chip that has military applications. It is used in types of rockets I believe for remote guidance, I believe it also is applicable in commercial planes for remote guidance. I'm still trying to dig up info on the QRS-11 chip.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:46 PM
link   
maybe for some kinds of air-bags, they got explosives.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:00 PM
link   
Explosives built into airplanes? big deal.

you would not believe how much Explosives are in some cars.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:06 PM
link   
aluminum is extremely explosive under certain conditions
if melted which it does at at relatively Low temps and mixed with water KaBoom
if you mix powdered or melted aluminum with powdered rust
the allies used it mixed with conventioal explosives (thermite) during world war two to melt factory equipement because it burns so hot
it has been used in cutting charges for steel

so an airplane as accelerant to other explosives is an idea

they have proven that there was nano thermite in the world trade center debris which only the israelis and the americans have because that is so hi teck

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones

if melted which it does at at relatively Low temps and mixed with water KaBoom

1220°F is a low melting temperature? Compared to what?

When a plane crashes, there is in fact an explosive on board - the jet fuel. When it goes KaBoom, it chars the tiny aluminum fragments that are littered everywhere. I don't know that it melts even under those circumstances. Maybe if it is kept burning for a good while.

By the way, Wow to the OP for taking one paragraph of that transcript and blowing it way out of proportion. WAY out. Unbelievable.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by AwakeinNM]

[edit on 10-6-2010 by AwakeinNM]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Pyrotechnics - activate to inflate the emergency slides I believe

Cars today are loaded with pyrotechnics to inflate the air bags -
front seat bags have explosive charge of sodium azide/potassium nitrate
which when ignited form nitrogen gas to inflate the bag.

Have explosive potential of hand grenade - capable of launching fragments
considrable distance if go off during fire

Side curtain bags in door/roof liners have gas cylinders with a burst disk
which is ruptured by pyrotechnic charge to release gas.

Steering wheels are made of magnesium which make nice fireworks
display during vehicle fire

This video shows you what up against during vehicle fires

video.google.com...

Fighter planes (F16) have an explosive charge of det cord in the canopy
to fragment the canopy when the ejection seat is fired

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 07:46 PM
link   
reply to post by ThaLoccster

Oh...how the uninitiated can spin the simplest things!!!

Here...the "QRS-11" :

www.systron.com...

AND:

www.digchip.com...

Here, see if you can follow THIS lead:

www.exportrules.com...

Please, try to read very carefully, and not jump to conclusions without all the facts...because THAT is how most of these 9/11 "conspiracies" were formed IN THE FIRST PLACE!

Oh, and that dude at Boeing? That said "every door" has "explosives"??

I don't know what tree he fellout of.....

The Emergency Egress mechanisms vary, are different in differnt models of airplane. SOME simply have a cannister of compressed air, to 'blow' the door open. SOME use a hydraulic fluid reservoir, under pressure.

The slide/rafts? Again, compressed air to inflate them.

SO...in ONE respect, a volume of compressed air in a tank IS a sort of 'explosive"...BUT, so is a SCUBA tank!

Sheesh!

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Here, you can read about the Normal passenger entry/exit doors on the B-757, for example (These are the FOUR main doors, two most forward, two most aft. You almost always enter through Door L1):

Passenger Entry Door and Slide Operation

Emergency evacuation slide and pneumatic door opening systems are provided for each passenger entry door. Each door system has enough power to open the door unassisted, even if the airplane is not level because of any landing gear collapse condition. A slide bustle in the lower face of the door contains the evacuation slide or slide raft (illustration shows door with bustle removed).

For normal operations, the slide must be disarmed before opening the door. Moving the mode select lever to DISARMED causes the slide girt bar to detach from the floor, the SLIDE light to extinguish [and] the mechanical SLIDE ENGAGED warning placard to retract.

When the door is disarmed the spring-loaded DISARMED placard will rotate down into view.

The emergency door opening system is armed when the mode select lever is in the ARMED position. This engages the slide girt bar and arms both the slide and the emergency door opening systems. The SLIDE light above the door illuminates and the slide placard extends out over the door-operating handle. Once armed, moving the interior door-operating handle to the open position unlocks the door and moves it inside to the cocked position. The door can then be pushed out through the door frame. The first outward movement of the door activates the emergency door opening system, which drives the door open, and the slide automatically deploys and inflates.

Note : If all electrical power to the aircraft is lost and only battery power remains, the SLIDE Lights WILL NOT illuminate, even if doors are armed.
A manual inflation handle can be pulled if the slide has not automatically inflated.

The emergency door opening system and the slide are automatically disarmed when the door is opened from the outside. If the mode select lever is in the ARMED position and the door is opened using the exterior door handle, the mode select lever automatically moves to DISARMED and the door opens without slide deployment.

The passenger door evacuation slides may are also be configured as rafts.

Capisce??

[edit on 10 June 2010 by weedwhacker]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:04 PM
link   
There are about a dozen squibs on all Boeing jets....but they aren't in the doors and they aren't exactly what you'd call an explosive!

Also in this transcript is mentioned the illegal sale of aircraft to china that were outfitted with at QRS-11 guidance chip that has military applications. It is used in types of rockets I believe for remote guidance, I believe it also is applicable in commercial planes for remote guidance. I'm still trying to dig up info on the QRS-11 chip.

Pray tell how a single chip will actuate the primary flight controls which have no electronic connections.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 10:15 PM
link   
reply to post by AwakeinNM

aluminum melts easily compared to what?

almost everything else in a scrap yard
it can be smelted with propane torches
which most other metals in every day use can not
even steel melts at 2750

jet fuel wouldn't set the aluminum off
not withiout an oxidizer i don't think

but if there was oxy flow like a torch to get the temp up
i

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 05:03 AM
link   
Here is a good demonstration of what these "explosives" are capable of:

Skip to about 2:30

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 08:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

jet fuel wouldn't set the aluminum off ...

Oh, really???

Hey, look up an accident report from the late 1970s. A Cessna 150, registration was 'N8282F'. One of the airplanes I learned to fly in...my family owned it!

It was just one of the fleet of rentals at our FBO/Flight School, back then...at Hawthorne Airport (now known as "Northrop Field" (KHHR) near Los Angeles International (KLAX).

You will see that a renter crashed while practicing takeoffs and landings in the traffic pattern. He crashed the airplane on takeoff, walked away...but the airplane caught fire. (Carbureutor on the Continental engine used back then on the 150 is on the BOTTOM, and it broke off in the crash, and raw fuel went everywhere, and ignited from heat and sparks).

I still have a chunk of MELTED aluminum...an amorphous blob.

(The ~80 Octane AvGas used back then, yes only slightly more volatile than Jet-A. BUT, also a LOT, lot less of it! Compared to the thousands of gallons in a typical commercial jet's fuel tanks).

IF YOU STILL think that fuel-fed fires don't melt aluminum, then you will have to explain that, and also EVERY example of an airplane crash with post-fire evidence that shows the aluminum BURNT away....

[edit on 11 June 2010 by weedwhacker]

top topics

join