It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Some of the Excellent Dining in Gaza.

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by TheComte

I agree

And no its not a reason to decimate neighborhoods but, when youre lobbing rockets at people , and they have to fire back to stop the rockets, and your located in a school........what do you do?

Theres no easy answer to it....its just two sides of a massive chess game resulting in lost lives

There is no right answer my friend

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

No but they had their own orchestra and swimming pool.

And there was a playground for the children.

See my earlier posts about Theresienstadt if you don't get what I am insinuating. Key words here are "used as a propaganda tool."

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 02:49 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Did you know that we are very intimately familiar with those pictures and that their 24/7 broadcast as the prevailing reality of this reason is what presumably sparked the thread and certainly sparked my own participation?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:15 PM
link   
reply to post by evil incarnate

"partied" with Muslims? Nothing against Muslims but real Muslims do not have a habbit of "partying" in any sense I am familiar with so I am just curious what it entails.

They do in my town.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Your signature

Better not tell them you're up as the next James Bond. They will probably not believe you

Sorry. I think i just lost my head

[edit on 12-6-2010 by flymetothemoon]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Stormdancer777
reply to post by evil incarnate

"partied" with Muslims? Nothing against Muslims but real Muslims do not have a habbit of "partying" in any sense I am familiar with so I am just curious what it entails.

They do in my town.

Either that is a lie or you are having a hard time reading. Maybe you can explain to me just which it is?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:52 PM
link   
Thanks for the dining tip...I'll be glad to pop in for a bite next time I'm in Gaza. By the way, any recommendations on what color clothes match best with WP? Being somewhat of a fashionista, I would be mortified if my attire clashed with the local scenery.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   

So sky, I take it all pertinent questions to claims you have made are not the least bit up for discussion? I am just curious when ATS did away with rules against posting outragious claims and refusing to back them up? Maybe it never did?

Anyway, you and Dbates clearly had a message to send. I believe I am not the least bit alone in want to have understood that message better. I see the only people you will respond to are the ones that call you liar or post pictures you do not like. Anyone like me with a genuine curiosity and real questions is ignored.

If you both refuse to discuss the agenda you are trying so hard to push in any rational, polite, constructive manner - I hope you will all at least recognize how that reflects on the people chosen to do moderation on ATS.

Thanks for ignoring me and leaving me to simply decide which wall of noise to listen to with very little to go on aside from what I find online. I thought for sure your whole agenda was to erase that, but it seems you only dug that hole deeper.

[edit on 6/12/10 by evil incarnate]

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by evil incarnate
Thanks for ignoring me and leaving me to simply decide which wall of noise to listen to with very little to go on aside from what I find online.

That's the whole point of this thread. What you'll find online is mainly images of bombed buildings, and kids sitting in garbage heaps. A search for "Gaza marketplace" and "Gaza food" and "Gaza dump" all return the same image of two boys sitting in a dump. The message clearly is that this is all there is to Gaza.

There's not much more to say other than the fact that Gaza actually does have quite a bit of food. Are there problems there? Of course but let's not throw out all reason and believe that there is no food and no water and that everyone is starving unless people break a blockade and bring them food. That's not the case at all.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
There's not much more to say other than the fact that Gaza actually does have quite a bit of food. Are there problems there? Of course but let's not throw out all reason and believe that there is no food and no water and that everyone is starving unless people break a blockade and bring them food. That's not the case at all.

You are plain wrong and I grow tired of both Skyfloating and your presuppositions regarding this issue. 70% of Gaza is food dependent. This is an International Labour Orginization report that will explain to you all you need to know about this subject.

Not YouTube videos.

Not Google searches.

I've posted this link once already, in a post that was as well conveniently ignored. I do not resort to accusations or name-calling, so there was nothing inflammatory in my post to reply to I presume.

Deny Ignorance. Please, I'm begging of you. You are a Moderator and you are supposed to be held to a higher standard.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:23 PM
link   
I think i'm going on vacation there just so i can eat at the restaurants there, they look so lovely. I think i will fit in just fine there with my rag on my head. Just as long as i do not open my mouth, so that they know i am a westerner U.S.A. That will get me shot or kidnapped. BUT HEY, the resturants are nice.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
That's the whole point of this thread. What you'll find online is mainly images of bombed buildings, and kids sitting in garbage heaps. A search for "Gaza marketplace" and "Gaza food" and "Gaza dump" all return the same image of two boys sitting in a dump. The message clearly is that this is all there is to Gaza.

I am not sure you understood what I said as the point of this thread you claim completely contradicts what I said.

All I see is a thread (on the internet) showing one fancy restaraunt. Somehow you and skyfloating expect this to undo the ideas presented contrary simply because they are FOUND ON THE INTERNET. Are you not reading your fellow mods posts? The whole point of SF's argument is that pictures and looking at internet information does not tell you anything because of how it can be shaped. Here, you present a few pics on the internet and say we should ignore what we see on the internet.

Gotcha.

I guess you also missed the whole point of my questions. The pictures and info with them seems skewed quite a bit. I have logical questions about that. Neither of you wants to address those.

So what you have is a thread about a restarant that is supposed to convince me that I need to stop listening to what I find on the internet about suffering because here on the internet you showed a restaraunt. Awesome. The SS ate real nice too.

I am not sure what you are trying to say the point of the thread is because you and SF have done as much as you can to do away with any of the points either of you have introduced and you both refuse to engage in real discussions. I have 5 or 6 posts that are still sitting there unanswered. All they do is ask more questions about the holes left in the info presented. You both ignore stuff like that but jump all over the opportunity to pretend to tell us what the purpose of the thread is. I think this far in, any purpose is apparent in reading it, not being reminded.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:30 PM
link   
Why argue about what Gaza "REALLY" looks like? Take a look at Google Earth (download it if you don't already have it). You can zoom in on the beach, the towns, residential areas, and look at pictures that have been posted. Looking at these things pretty well disables any argument of bias. This is the way that it is. Google Earth even shows the date that each frame was taken.

Looking at it myself, it certainly is not a garden spot but not exactly a burned out hulk. Somewhere between the two. Better than many places in the world, worse than many.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
For those who want the truth, I SUGGEST you visit GOOGLE EARTH and see for yourself, i did. CHECK IT OUT AND SHOW ON HERE, OK.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:37 PM
link   
reply to post by whywhynot

YOU GOT TO THAT BEFORE ME.
good thinking.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheComte

Originally posted by Skyfloating
...as much respect as I try to bring forth to the suffering of Palestinians but also to the suffering of the Israeli population...

How exactly are the Israelis suffering?[edit on 12-6-2010 by TheComte]

I can imagine how the Israeli's are suffering

Source for the original picture -

www.telegraph.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 06:48 PM
link   

Masters of the Links

You guys are the masters of Links, digging up whatever is suitable to bolster your Position. You can find any link you want, supporting any side you want. Its meaningless. The only meaningful truth is the truth you experience directly and see with your own eyes.

You cant fool me, folks - not with a Million Links

Isn't that what the average person does on sites such as ATS, where truth digging is the activity? Link link link... *shrug*

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:01 PM
link   
Hey, lets concentrate on nice resturaunts in the U.S.A, maybe us unemployed can get a job if more jobs are exspanding or openning. Lets send them more millions for releif over there, why NOT, you the taxpayer pays for it. They can use the money we send them ,to build more resturaunts. What a GOOD IDEA. This is the gov't ideas of releif over there, who is benefiting. WHY do we have to send money at all? WHY cain't they take care of their own? WHY, WHY not just take taxpayers money and say it is releif for over there and build yourself a resturaunt buisness. That way you can say you gave releif over there. YOUR MONEY, FREE ENTERPRISE, FOR SOMEONE ELSE. This is ok, because we do not care, right. HEY, we gave to help, right? hmmmmm. TAXPAYERS MONEY, nice resturaunts.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 07:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Chevalerous

Thanks for the truth.

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 08:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by vox2442

My reasoning for doing so has been three trips to Palestine between 2000 and 2009.

You were in Gaza in 2009?

Sorry mate, I DO NOT believe that. I tried for MONTHS to get into Gaza in 2009. Even had the company lawyers on it. It was an absolute no-go situation. Hell, even CNN and the BBC were having problems getting into Gaza last year.

Prior to that, I attempted in 2007. Same results, but less emphatic. Prior to that was 2005. Again, turned down.

I'm not interested in your personal details, not interested in plane tickets (obviously, because Gaza's airport has been closed since 2001) - but I am interested in knowing how you managed to swing that, when (month/year), and what crossing.

Of all people, I'd expect a "Super Moderator" would know that posting wildly unbelievable stories without providing any kind of information to back it, especially with the claims you're making is nothing but political trolling. Post details or give yourself a red flag.

Man, I was really hoping for a reply to this. I guess I've got to conclude that it's OK to just go around making up any old crap on ATS these days.

Last time I was in Turkey, I ran into Orhan Pamuk, and we were discussing modern writing trends over coffee. When the topic came around to internet forums as a literary medium, he took the position that while certain forii and other 2.0 media have the potential for becoming a valid form, it was the moderation that restricted that progress. He started to get really agitated (as Turks do, and as authors do, so use your imagination for what an agitated Turkish author would be like).

Anyway, he started swearing in Turkish, which is a beautiful language for swearing in, and suddenly I picked out "ATS" and "deny ignorance". I was floored. I calmed him down by hitting him over the head with a börek, and got him back into English mode.

"What was that about ATS?? You don't mean Above Top Secret, do you? I asked, brushing yufka crumbs off the table. "Yes. Yes, Above Top Secret. Once, there was a man. He came, vacationing. He introduced us to ATS. He said he was a moderator. Sky...something was his name. Can't remember. He had incredible stories, but every time we asked him to elaborate, he'd just go blank and refuse to say anymore. 'I saw a UFO yesterday and I've got photos!' he cried... and 'LOOK! IN THE SKY! Ooooh, you missed it'... but when we asked him where, or when, or if we could see the photos, he'd just shut his mouth and refuse to say another word. Infuriating. Glad to see the back of him, frankly. Think of what that kind of mindset could do to the internet..."

True story, and I've got photos and tape to prove it.

But they're private.

Don't believe me? Go ask him yourself.

new topics

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15 >>

join