It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

It's Official: There was No Humanitarian Aid on Mavi Marmara

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:03 PM
link   

It's Official: There was No Humanitarian Aid on Mavi Marmara

The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has informed Israel's representatives the world over that there were never any humanitarian supplies or equipment aboard the Mavi Marmara, where Israeli commandos were ambushed by armed mercenaries posing as peace activists.

Of the seven flotilla ships that were intercepted by Israel on May 31 and afterward, only four were freight ships,

The Challenger 1 (a small yacht), the Sfendonh (a small passenger boat) and the Mavi Marmara (a passenger ship) did not carry any humanitarian aid, and had only the passengers' personal belongings.

Visit source for full article

The Mavi Marmara, the ship all the shooting took place on, wasn't carrying any humanitarian aid at all. The only cargo it had was a group of rowdy passengers looking for a fight. Can they still claim that the ship was on a humanitarian mission? If so then how? Obviously their main goal was to create a faux PR nightmare for Israel. I suppose we can call their mission a success then.

[edit on 10-6-2010 by dbates]

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:07 PM
link   
It says in the article you quoted that there were 7 ships in the flotilla, and 4/7 of them carried aid, 3/7 carried passengers and personal belongings... I think you've answered your own question?

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:12 PM
link   
This would depends if you want to carte blanche believe an Israeli spin rag.

1) Too many agendas and too much spin across the board - unfortunately the Israelis can pick and choose the media they stole from laptops and cameras on the ships.

2) The Israelis have a steady access to US News and Media Outlets - a huge case of disproportional representation.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   
Official because an Israeli news source says so. Funny that they still won't allow a independent enquiry into the boarding and shooting of the said ship.

Yes I know they have the right to protect themselves but then they don't help themselves by expanding their country and hiding behind the old term that the land was given to them by god.

BTW are we all not descendants of Abraham in one way or another ? So technically god gave the land to all of us. if you believe in all that.

+4 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   
Somebody already beat me to it. But let's see.....

An israeli source which credits no one in particular for the information claims its true.

Well, I'm certainly convinced...

Gotta love the desperation though

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:54 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

This is a Israel source go figure dbates i can see which side you agree with from your post and that's fine but Israel put them self in this mess they can not get anything right of late.

Nobody can justify what Israel did that day NOBODY.

But the sad fact is they will probably get away with it they always do governments around the world just let that rogue state run amok.

Keith

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:55 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

They stated their intentions well in advance.
Their intention was to break the blockade (a long shot) or show the world what Israel does best.(which happened)

BTW, So Israel found no aid onboard? There was also no weapons, unless you count knives and clubs,
So WHY did they board the ship...Sounds like they were just tourists and some had Passports.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:01 PM
link   
If the israelis were so concerned with inspecting the humanitarian aid then why did they drop on to a ship carrying none? The passengers were along to ensure that the supplies would reach gaza. The thought of all those foreigners and leaders, holocaust survivors and others trying to help the gazans were there to witness it. No doubt the israeli choppers are equiped with FLIR and able to determine whether a ship would be crowded with people or supplies simply due to heat signatures. The equipment is so sophisticated it can actually read ur signature through walls. The Israelis dropped onto that ship to stir up a hornets nest and nothing else.

+3 more 
posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:14 PM
link   
Funny...

I thought MODs were supposed to DENY IGNORANCE.

And not take sides.

It's quite obvious by not only this, but other posts that you have OBVIOUSLY taken a side where you should be impartial.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by dbates
The Ministry of Foreign Affairs has informed Israel's representatives

Now that's an unbiased, highly trustworthy news-source if I ever saw one...

Edit. grammar

[edit on 10-6-2010 by Koyaanisqatsi]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by At0mZer0
Funny...

I thought MODs were supposed to DENY IGNORANCE.

And not take sides.

It's quite obvious by not only this, but other posts that you have OBVIOUSLY taken a side where you should be impartial.

Mods are people and they have opinions too dude. We are impartial when it comes to moderation but we are allowed our personal opinion as well.

That said, Wow, it took the IDF almost 2 weeks to strip the ships and claim no humanitarian aid, OR what they consider humanitarian aid? To quote the movie Robocop(well butcher it), "I won't buy that for a dollar."

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
EVERYONE CALM DOWN!

Before we go any further, we must ask the questions.

Was this before or after the aide was taken off the ship?

Cause if we technically want to be 100% accurate, there might not have been any aide on that ship after israel removed it.

CONTEXT PEOPLE! CONTEXT!

[edit on 6/10/2010 by VonDoomen]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:23 PM
link   
dbates

i will ignor that your a super mod and say you are talking total BS and must be out on a wind up.

we saw aid being loaded and your telling us it was scotch mist because you read it well i read lizards have taken over the earth.

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

Come on people, did you not read it? It said it was TRUE so it must be. We must all now believe what we have read and behave accordingly.

I am personally going to go and find some Turkish people and protest out side their homes for 2 days and then find some Iranians and protest for a further 3 days. Then off to find some Palestinians for 5 days; lets face it this is all their fault. I mean, we took their land from them fair and square; we told them OUT we want your land GOD gave it to us, and they didn't listen! so what do they expect.

How many times do you have to tell people, when you are given something either physical or ideological by GOD you are allowed to do anything you want to protect it, even if that is committing genocide, theft, torture, kidnapping, assassination, terrorism etc.

I for one am fully in support of any individual that protects their beliefs and culture. If the Israelis think this is acceptable "Which they obviously do, as they are doing it" then I guess they also think it is acceptable for the Muslims to do it.

What I do not understand is how it was unacceptable for the Nazis to behave like this against the Jewish community, but the Jewish community now thinks it's OK for them to behave like this?

link   
reply to post by dbates

Come on people, did you not read it? It said it was TRUE so it must be. We must all now believe what we have read and behave accordingly.

I am personally going to go and find some Turkish people and protest out side their homes for 2 days and then find some Iranians and protest for a further 3 days. Then off to find some Palestinians for 5 days; lets face it this is all their fault. I mean, we took their land from them fair and square; we told them OUT we want your land GOD gave it to us, and they didn't listen! so what do they expect.

How many times do you have to tell people, when you are given something either physical or ideological by GOD you are allowed to do anything you want to protect it, even if that is committing genocide, theft, torture, kidnapping, assassination, terrorism etc.

I for one am fully in support of any individual that protects their beliefs and culture. If the Israelis think this is acceptable "Which they obviously do, as they are doing it" then I guess they also think it is acceptable for the Muslims to do it.

What I do not understand is how it was unacceptable for the Nazis to behave like this against the Jewish community, but the Jewish community now thinks it's OK for them to behave like this?

link   
reply to post by dbates

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:01 PM
link   
If it carried no aid but carried radicals take it and remove all the fuel and anything that would leak and pollute and sink it

It was owned by a group that supports terrorist..

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:09 PM
link   
It's possible that anything on the ship which the rest of might describe as aid, did not fall into the category of aid as described by Israel.

Cement for example I would call aid, Israel would call terrorist weapons

[edit on 10-6-2010 by bigyin]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
reply to post by dbates

So there was no humanitarian aid just protesters clothing and personal belongings etc.

And so 9 people deserved to die?

Your point is exactly?

[edit on 10/6/10 by Freeborn]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 05:20 PM
link   
reply to post by Freeborn

I stated that in the original post.

Obviously their main goal was to create a faux PR nightmare for Israel.

They knew what they were getting into and some were actually hoping to be martyrs. Careful what you wish for because you just might get it.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join