It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

running thread an a lie zing! compound words in the English language and their true meanings........

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:50 PM
link   
Mods feel free to move this to the appropriate section

I've seen a few tidbits here and there about compound words haing hidden meanings and I for one think it is no coincidence. sounds (vibration itself) is one of the most powerful forces on the planet and though I believe music to be closer to reality than words, I'd like to see what others have to say.....

OPEN MY EYES!!! does that sound like "hopin' my lies"? like light= lie-t....?

hmmmmmmmmm..............

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 06:57 PM
link   
Too much meaning trying to pile into too few phonemes. Homonyms are interesting. Here's some links:

www.earlham.edu...
www.cooper.com...
home.alphalink.com.au...

What can be more telling than ambiguity, though, is the meaning that people choose to try and find...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   
Intersting thread
i see many traces of sumerian in english
An dANiel mAN ANcestor plANet ANgel ANvil plANtation pANder plAN atlANtis clAN pAN stANd hANd
PlANt sEAmAN dANce

Ea brEAth sEA LEArn BEAt EAt mEAn dEAn stEAm bEAm drEAm pEA

I see connotations in EAch of those words that carry the quality of the summerian god AN and his position EA

it is said the secret societies wrote shakespEAr to fix the language upon the lines they wanted.
like the laying of claim to things for the Gods
or the numerology of events like 777 911 etc

AN occult significance I wonder?

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Ithought a "compound" word was a word made up of 2 nouns..eg..

doghouse
bedroom
bathroom
airplane

I don't get the point of the post..

please explain ...or give more examples..

I get the word origins point, but words that share "ea" are hardly related

The english language has been changed constantly over its 1000 yrs of existance, spelling, usage...etc

[edit on 9-6-2010 by wrathchild]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Compound words are 2 words put together to make one word.
armchair
podcast
superstar
bagpipe
ashtray
bathroom
butterfly
cheeseburger
couterintelligence
etc...

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
reply to post by primus 2012

damn you....posted my point while I was editing mine for stupidity and second grade spelling!

I must say I agree with you sir!

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:18 PM
link   
You know, I've heard about this in detail once, I think from youtube, possible here on ATS.

It IS a vast conspiracy, modern language.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
the word "thread"....has many meanings..but 20 yrs ago nobody would know what it means in the form we use it here....add another 1000 yrs...this language..the one we use now will be complete gibberish

no conspiracy..just evolution.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 07:34 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild
reply to post by primus 2012

damn you....posted my point while I was editing mine for stupidity and second grade spelling!

I must say I agree with you sir!

Yeah, your original came in right before mine.

I must say I agree with you also

I think anyone looking hard enough can find slick ways of interpreting any language.

It's also easy to find or use "play on words":
I love you, Isle of view
Babble On, Babylon
Moe's Art, Mozart

[edit on 9-6-2010 by primus2012]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Danbones

the ea root words I mentioned are related to the qualities associated with the god ea or An in his different incarnations and in his purported relationship to man in those various cultural myths

the words are not compound in English nessesarily but as Sumerian roots they are.
get a Sumerian dictionary and see how that language is structured
if you want to know
they are compound and they are english
as in SatAN
but hey lets all stay some what ingrown then and gaze at our navels
thats enlightening

[edit on 9-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

Currently in the process of trying to get fluent in German and if you think you hear alternative meanings in English. Try distinguishing between English, German, Irish dialect English and with some Irish, all at the same time, which I've been trying to get my head around recently lol

I can and can't see a "vibration" as you call it but only in a sense of overall vibe through communication. A single word can be made to sound and mean a dozen things but its still the same word and its at the disposal of the speaker in regards communicative ability.

But compound words? They're there to enable faster communication IMO..

And how is "Open my eyes" a compound word?

Everything that means something had to come from somewhere.. Most of the original meanings have been lost to evolution.. Definitely with the European languages anyway. Idioms are a prime example of this.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 08:32 PM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

running thread an a lie zing!

You may be anal-izing too much.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by wrathchild
the word "thread"....has many meanings..but 20 yrs ago nobody would know what it means in the form we use it here....add another 1000 yrs...this language..the one we use now will be complete gibberish

no conspiracy..just evolution.

so you think "thread" "red" and "dead" just all sound alike?
I think there's more to it- i mean guttural sounds .

to the poster who knows sumerian- awesome post. that's what I'm talking about

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   

Originally posted by LordBucket
reply to post by IandEye

running thread an a lie zing!

You may be anal-izing too much.

well done, and i don't mean your meat

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   
my mistake was to indicate "compound words" specifically.....

i don't know how to change the name of the thread, so i'll start a new one.

please join me

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 11 2010 @ 07:40 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

I think the point the OP is implying is that some words or phrases in the English language are phonetically identically to other words or phrases, and their meaning is semantically opposite, or alternate to the contextual meaning. This implies a possible 'covert channel' of meaning, that can be encoded into spoken words. And, since we often sub vocalize when we read, into written words. So what? Well, our conscious mind quickly recognizes the overt meaning, and fixates on that. But in several models of how the brain works, there is implied several disjoint functional-processing units. Certainly, we don't specifically and consciously choose what meaning to associate. That implies that this happens 'beneath the surface'. If that's so, what else happens beneath the surface? Could some level of emotive or associative correlation happen there, too? It's certainly possible. If so, we should pay attention to the alternate phonetic meaning that words and phrases have, because they may in some (perhaps less filterable!) way be significant to us.

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by zaiger
reply to post by IandEye

yea and Iandeye sounds like lie and kind of sounds like waste-of-time. Did compund words change into crap you make up or something?

[edit on 10-6-2010 by zaiger]

almost as much a waste of time as reading one of your posts perhaps?
just for your sake im going to keep this thread open after all. it seems narrowmindedness is an all-too-common disease on the internet.
scared little boys who cant control the world come here to try and control others. weak and ignorant.

your post should be removed

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean
reply to post by zaiger

I think the point the OP is implying is that some words or phrases in the English language are phonetically identically to other words or phrases, and their meaning is semantically opposite, or alternate to the contextual meaning. This implies a possible 'covert channel' of meaning, that can be encoded into spoken words. And, since we often sub vocalize when we read, into written words. So what? Well, our conscious mind quickly recognizes the overt meaning, and fixates on that. But in several models of how the brain works, there is implied several disjoint functional-processing units. Certainly, we don't specifically and consciously choose what meaning to associate. That implies that this happens 'beneath the surface'. If that's so, what else happens beneath the surface? Could some level of emotive or associative correlation happen there, too? It's certainly possible. If so, we should pay attention to the alternate phonetic meaning that words and phrases have, because they may in some (perhaps less filterable!) way be significant to us.

yes that is part of what im saying. there are sounds that matter- like "G-Zeus" and that kind of thing but when i said "guttural" i was replying to someone's else confusion.

the OP is about breaking down words into hidden meanings.

MASON- MA/SON that sort of simple thing.

is it really that difficult to understand? am I talking to a bunch of Vulcans who take everything literally, like well-trained emotionless monkeys?

COME ON! enough with the attacks lets go after the english language.....

posted on Jun, 15 2010 @ 12:46 PM
link   
reply to post by IandEye

almost as much a waste of time as reading one of your posts perhaps?

Pretty much

just for your sake im going to keep this thread open after all.

Oh that is right, i forgot. You are a mod and have the ability to open and close threads whenever you wish.

it seems narrowmindedness is an all-too-common disease on the internet.

Oh i know im so narrowminded to think that a compound word is made when two words are joined to form a new word. I should be more open minded and believe that compound words are things like OPEN MY EYES which really mean "hopin' my lies"? like light= lie-t. How dumb of me, there is another good one how dumb of me kinda sounds like cow thumb on tea- hey i just made up another compound word!

scared little boys who cant control the world come here to try and control others. weak and ignorant.

Yeah i can't control the world so i come here to control you? No. I do not know how i am ignorant because i know that "open my eyes" is not a compound word.
But why stop at making up compound words? Why not make up new words with our own hidden meanings? like Bazmack, that means Masonic illuminati shape.

[edit on 15-6-2010 by zaiger]

top topics

<<   2 >>

join