It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King Tut's DNA is Western European

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:15 PM
link   

Despite the refusal of the Secretary General of the Egyptian Supreme Council of Antiquities, Zahi Hawass, to release any DNA results which might indicate the racial ancestry of Pharaoh Tutankhamen, the leaked results reveal that King Tut’s DNA is a 99.6 percent match with Western European Y chromosomes.

Source

Of course, Zahi Hawass wouldn't want anyone knowing this. Do you even think it's true?

[edit on 6/8/2010 by TarzanBeta]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:16 PM
link   
reply to post by TarzanBeta

Well, no one saw that coming.

Or did anybody see that coming?

I find it interesting that a pharaoh would be caucasian so long ago.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
That would support their own accounts that they came from "the ocean in the West".

Too bad "science" doesnt "allow" for that to be true.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:20 PM
link   
I wasn't aware that there were records of them stating that they came from an "ocean in the west".

Although I've always known that the history that I was taught in school seemed way too picture perfect to be real.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Skyfloating

well remember that Newgrange was built before the pyramids so those people could have come to egypt and helped build the pyramids. If the OP is true, the freemasons are looking way more interesting because they have been claiming that their craft goes back to Egyptian times. And if you are familiar with Robert lomas and christopher knight books all of this would not be that surprising too.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
Since Hawass is so intent on getting artifacts returned to Egypt, if this means he will give Tut to Western Europe?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:26 PM
link   

Well, I guess the family reunion isn't going quite the way people were hoping.

This is the first time I've ever seen how DNA testing works.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
reply to post by BeastMaster2012

I'm positive that there are people in the world who do understand better the world's history.

My concern is why this needs to be hidden? What is the bigger secret?

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blanca Rose
Since Hawass is so intent on getting artifacts returned to Egypt, if this means he will give Tut to Western Europe?

Good call.

But doubtful. He's going to claim the mummie is of egyptian origin even if the skeleton is of western european origin.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
I knew it, an Irishman!

Imagine the fun the Guiness advertising could have with this one!!!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
David Ike, who presented a book load of proofs, Edgar Cayce, and many others have always said things went from west to east.
This would tend to refute the lost tribes of Israel version somewhat.
oooopsie.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:35 PM
link   

Here is a video someone quickly made refuting the article and former video.

Although the evidence presented through this video isn't very statistical, it seems to make a good point.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by Danbones
David Ike, who presented a book load of proofs, Edgar Cayce, and many others have always said things went from west to east.
This would tend to refute the lost tribes of Israel version somewhat.
oooopsie.

I do believe that the nature that we see is an illusion and that things have certainly happened much differently than we think.

Although, I'm worried. If you check youtube out, there are already lots of battling videos over this what-I-perceive-to-be-a minor subject..

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   
reply to post by grantbeed

But, that cant be possible!!! I never saw the ruins of an Irish Pub in Egypt!!

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:42 PM
link   
I think it is interesting in that the Egyptians would give power and high authority to non natural born people. Look at Moses. He was raised an Egyptian, adopted by the royal family and given much power and authority.

Moses was more Egyptian than he was Hebrew. I'll bet he could have been king one day if he hadn't messed up and murdered a slave master.

[edit on 8-6-2010 by JohnPhoenix]

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by coredrill
reply to post by grantbeed

But, that cant be possible!!! I never saw the ruins of an Irish Pub in Egypt!!

If their drinking age was 18 back then, then I suppose he wouldn't have had much time to get that pub built while ruling all of Egypt as a child.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
reply to post by coredrill

no irish pubs in egypt...?
Man, they ATE beer.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:48 PM
link   
I was just thinking that just because King Tut's DNA most closely matches the people who live in western europe now... it does not follow that he CAME from western europe. It coule be that the people who are in western europe now had traveled from the east, the far east, the far north,... of course, we think we know that all human life started in africa...

So... maybe it's not unnatural for him to have this particular kind of DNA. Maybe it's interesting the OTHER way around.

Maybe the people who are in western europe are the descendants of Tut's bloodline.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:49 PM
link   
Explains the introduction of red hair among the Pharaoh's.

I think it is interesting in the the Egyptians would give power and high authority to non natural born people. Look at Moses. He was raised an Egyptian, adopted by the royal family and given much power and authority.

Maybe these non-natural born peoples were the fabled Atlanteans? All speculation aside, it could be this DNA genome belonged to a ruling elite who came into and conquered Egypt, established themselves as the elite ruling class, and was preserved as a royal blood line even if it meant inbreeding.

Moses was more Egyptian than he was Hebrew. I'll bet he could have been king one day if he hadn't messed up and murdered a slave master.

Don't forget Moses introduced monotheism to the Hebrews, but not being a true Hebrew himself could never enter the promised land.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:53 PM
link   
reply to post by frankensence

And hence we have the British Royal Family!

Pharaoh William. Interesting.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join