It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama: What Gulf Oil Spill?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:39 PM
link   
I posted this video as a reply in another thread, but it really deserves it's own thread.

Infuriating.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 12:19 AM
link   
his slow response to this has been utterly pathetic, he's in bed with BP, they have him by the balls. while im sure he "cares" his non action has been a joke

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Not my job.
Remember that one.
Not an innovator perhaps so get an engineer like Herbert Hoover
and build a dam in an illuminati Tesla copy cat move.
Clear thinker restrained by circumstances.
I say pour cement down until an island rises the leak will plug.
Enter the age of Tesla for real this time.
Tesla rules.

[edit on 6/9/2010 by TeslaandLyne]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 01:28 PM
link   
If I was President, I would be helping in the cleanup. I'd be down at those beaches helping oil covered birds and cleaning up tar balls.

Instead he playes golf and eats in fancy restaraunts?

If he got stuck into help the cleanup , at least the people would have way more respect for the guy.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:20 PM
link   
What happened to the "We can do it?" If you get elected by the people you are supposed to work for the people. Not party on a huge salary.
This makes me feel ill, I voted him in office thinking he was a good person with the energy to fix alot of the USA crisus problems. What a disappointment. This is a very bad problem that needs #1 attention right now, until it is cleaned up. Every last bit of it. Head should roll.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
If I was President, I would be helping in the cleanup. I'd be down at those beaches helping oil covered birds and cleaning up tar balls.

Instead he playes golf and eats in fancy restaraunts?

If he got stuck into help the cleanup , at least the people would have way more respect for the guy.

Well yea, what happened to the kings/leaders, that used to lead their warriors into battle?

But we also need to mobilize our own forces, why aren't people from every state there helping?

[edit on 033030p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

[edit on 043030p://bWednesday2010 by Stormdancer777]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 03:35 PM
link   
Really, Obama?

Hands up who took public transport this week in a protest designed hit the oil companies where it hurts, in the pocket......anyone....[whistling wind][tumbleweed].......anyone

Throw rocks at BP and the jerks who gave them permission to drill for oil without adequate environmental safety controls, Obama's not been around long enough to have been responsible for this crap and he certainly doesn't need to be on site at the clean-up, the people responsible for organising that are in Washington.

Bitching about Obama just deflects attention from where it should be focused, who TF gave them the go ahead for drilling that had the possibility of going so badly wrong?

[edit on 9/6/10 by pieman]

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
reply to post by pieman

I seldom drive if that helps?

I can't walk far, I walk with two canes now, but I would like to do what I could and all I have left is encouragement.

I wish there was someone that would come forward with the power to rally the country around this noble endeavor.

We are not helpless, but our government has made us grow weak,we are always waiting for someone to come to the rescue.

posted on Jun, 9 2010 @ 04:39 PM
link   
Did you REALLY need another "Bash Obama for the Oil Spill" thread? I mean, couldn't you have just put this on one of your other ones?? And for an emotional YouTube with spooky music?

Look, I agree he's not doing the right thing, but the fact that he has lunch in Missouri one day and played golf another is NOT a problem. Seeing as how his trip to the coast was listed as a photo op, what exactly do you think he should do while this is going on? Stop eating? Completely neglect every one of his other responsibilities and his personal life? Go down there and put on a wetsuit and swim down and plug the hole with his body? What should he do in place of eating lunch?

[edit on 6/9/2010 by Benevolent Heretic]

posted on Jun, 10 2010 @ 03:04 AM
link   
Hmm, what is the Republican leadership doing about the BP disaster? What about Bobby Jindal? It's affecting his state, what is he doing about it?

Oh I see, only the POTUS can do something about something that a PRIVATE CORPORATION is responsible for?

posted on Jun, 12 2010 @ 04:52 AM
link   

BATON ROUGE, Louisiana — Gov. Bobby Jindal said he has repeatedly asked for but has not received information about oilspill cleanup plans to be launched by the federal government and the company in charge of cleaning the slick in the Gulf of Mexico.

"I've asked several times over the last few days for a detailed plan in terms of a quantifiable number of people and resources that will be deployed to help clean up and protect our coast. We haven't gotten those plans yet," the governor said Thursday.

State lawmakers complained Thursday about the federal response to the vast spill, which was closing in on the coast Thursday.

While Jindal wouldn't outright criticize federal efforts, he repeatedly noted that he's asked for more equipment and people to beef up containment and cleanup efforts — and more information.

Jindal said he's asked Homeland Security Secretary Janet Napolitano, the Coast Guard and oil company BP PLC "to see more boots on the ground."

www.journalgazette.net...

That was 03/29, less than a week after TSHTF. Also, just for the record, the rig is in US waters and the permit was issued by the POTUS' MMS, despite it being common knowledge that deep sea drilling carried with it certain risks, one of which almost mirrors the idea of a rig catching on fire, and causing a massive spill, which is basically what occurred to a "T". Republican leadership? Blame the minority party for inaction? Scapegoat hunt much?

Bush didn't create Hurricane Katrina but he's still lambasted for the .gov's response. Why shouldn't Obama be? Because he's a democrat? The private corporation is ultimately responsible for what happened but you know, when an oil slick is heading for the country's shores that you were sworn to protect, maybe it's time to do something beyond party at the WH, fly around the country for face time and try to figure out whose ass to kick. Just maybe?

Didn't Obama say it was time to quit pointing fingers when he was campaigning? I guess some finger pointing is acceptable as long as it isn't pointed at the side you support. He did some big talking when he was campaigning but now that he's in the big boy chair, he seems to be having trouble owning up. He didn't even "get angry" until the criticism started rolling in from both sides of the aisle. Incompetence is a sword that cuts both ways, on the left and the right. Pretending that the left is somehow sacrosanct is laughable.

top topics

join