It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Transferring of multiple thread posts on the new ATS 2010.

page: 1

join
share:
CX

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:11 PM
link   
A question to the managnement if i may.

With the forethcoming ATS 2010 system, will there be a facility for the staff to transfer a whole thread of posts to another thread?

We see many multiple threads created, sometimes because people forget to do a search first, or people posting simultaneously. Due to the high traffic that ATS gets, each of these threads may receive numerous replies in a very short time.

It can get a bit frustrating when i see quality replies lost purely because they were written in a repeated thread.

So i wondered if the replies, bar the opening thread post, could be transferred to the main thread?

Not sure if this is more hassle than it's worth, or if it's possible? I'd hate to think that people got discouraged from posting if their posts were suddenly binned because they weren't in the first thread.

There have also been occasions where although i have posted a thread first, another has come along soon after and fair play to the thread author, it has been of a much higher quality of posting and research than my own.

On these occasions it would be great if i could have asked the staff if i could move my replies to a more well presented thread.

Thanks for listening to my rambling.

CX.

[edit on 7/6/10 by CX]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:25 PM
link   
That would be fantastic.

Like a drag and drop scenario for double threads so that we can make them as informative as possible.

I too die a little bit everytime I see a thread which has the same OP but vastly different replies get canned and then lost in the dark hole of information that is ATS.

Great idea!

~Keeper

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

Nothing to add to this other than support.

I have never experienced this, but I imagine it can be pretty darn frustrating.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Wonderful idea!! Don't know if this is relevant, but in one week I lost 3 threads
because of duplicate posts. i understand it happens sometimes, but it is frustrating when great replies are lost because duplicate thread took off!

Is this what you are talking about? Not sure. LOL!

Thanks,
Pax

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:38 PM
link   
reply to post by CX

CX, don't give them even more work.....we want our new ATS NOW!!!!!

...only kiddin , good idea.

g

CX

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by grantbeed
reply to post by CX

CX, don't give them even more work.....we want our new ATS NOW!!!!!

...only kiddin , good idea.

g

Lol i know, i thought that too after writing this
I had visions of them just about to start up the new system, then having to delay it because of other ideas.....i'd be getting hatemail in my u2u box.

I'm really looking forward to it....reeeeeeeeally looking forward to it!!!

Yes Pax, that's the kind of thing i meant.

CX.

top topics

join