It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Bletchley Park WW II Archives to Go Online

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 01:37 PM
link   
ATS member interested in history and The Second World War will find this most interesting I think.

Bletchley Park WW II Archives to Go Online

" Millions of documents stored at the World War II code-breaking centre, Bletchley Park, are set to be digitised and made available online.

Electronics company Hewlett-Packard has donated a number of scanners to the centre in Milton Keynes so volunteers can begin the ground-breaking task.

Many of the records at the once-secret centre have not been touched for years. "

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   
A lot of new information may come of this! I think it may really add to perspective of the war.

posted on Jun, 8 2010 @ 01:16 AM
link   
Funny this should come up. I'm reading Cryptonomicon, by Neal Stephenson, and am about 2/3 the way through it. It's a work of fiction, but a large portion of the story takes place in Bletchley Park. There is a *lot* of detail in the book about the technical aspects of codebreaking, computers, and so on. It's a great book; I just thought I'd plug that since anyone who clicks on a thread with this title will probably like it :p (just don't let the fact that it is ~1100 pages scare you!)

new topics

join