It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Seize BP's assets??

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:09 AM
link   

Animals Soaked In Oil, Group Wants To Seize BP

ORLANDO -- After seeing the heartbreaking pictures of animals soaked in oil coming from the Gulf, some Orlando residents said they had to take a stand.

Pelicans were found covered in oil and trying to fly, but they couldn’t because their wings were dripping in oil.

Some birds and even dolphins are now showing up dead along the shore.

Members of Seize BP say they’re fed up, and they’re taking action all across the country next week.

Members of the group say they are not against the local BP gas stations, but they are going after the big guys.

Local News Story

Seize BP: Campaign Statement and Petition

The government of the United States must seize BP and freeze its assets, and place those funds in trust to begin providing immediate relief to the working people throughout the Gulf states whose jobs, communities, homes and businesses are being harmed or destroyed by the criminally negligent actions of the CEO, Board of Directors and senior management of BP.

BP's Materially False and Misleading Statements

BP filed a 52-page exploration plan and environmental impact analysis with the U.S. Department of the Interior’s Minerals Management Service for the Deepwater Horizon well, dated February 2009, which repeatedly assured the government that it was "unlikely that an accidental surface or subsurface oil spill would occur from the proposed activities." In the filing, BP stated over and over that it was unlikely for an accident to occur that would lead to a giant crude oil spill causing serious damage to beaches, mammals and fisheries and that as such it did not require a response plan for such an event.

BP’s executives are thus either guilty of making materially false statements to the government to obtain the license, of consciously misleading a government that was all too ready to be misled, and/or they are guilty of criminal negligence. At a bare minimum, their representations constitute gross negligence. Whichever the case, BP must be held accountable for its criminal actions that have harmed so many.

SeizeBP.org

Link to Partial Drilling Plan

Some members of Congress have already tried to introduce legislation that would increase the cap for damages from $75 million to $10 billion,
that was retroactive to before the Deepwater Horizon spill but this legislation has been blocked on both the Democratic and Republican sides.

Including, surprisingly enough Democratic Party senator Mary Landrieu of Louisiana where most of the coastal damage has been done so far.
She was quoted in saying “We want to be careful before we change any of these laws that we don’t jeopardize the operations of an ongoing industry, because there are 4,000 other wells in the Gulf that have to go on.”

SeizeBP.org is suggesting that BP was at the least criminally negligent and at the most implicitly misleading or lying to the government about a "worst case scenario" and it's ability to handle as such in the highly unlikely event that it did happen.
And because BP did either lie, or was incompetent the Oil Protection Act of 1990 should not apply to them. en.wikipedia.org...

On a side note, BP is responsible fully for all cleanup costs, but is limited to the $75 million it has to pay for incidentals. BP executive Tony Hayward has repeatedly promised to pay ALL associated costs of cleanup.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by webpirate]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
It's not just UK BP's part in this.

Obama was to blame too. oh and they have mass shares that where recently sold on.

to seize it, there would be more complications

money makes the world go round

and greed and power is what this leak is about

www.citywire.co.uk...

[edit on 7-6-2010 by jumpingbeanz]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

Oh yeah. I fully realize that money and power is what it is all about. I wasn't necessarily advocating the actual seizure. I'm sure if something were to be instigated towards that very act, it would be a huge court fight, and most likely never would occur.
I'm not even fully sure there is even legal recourse for doing so. I was merely presenting a story that was found that I thought to be interesting that is further stirring the pot over the oil spill.

I would add though that Obama probably wasn't as implicit in this as past Presidents and members of Congress were, since most of the legislation was passed long before he was in office. He has already lifted his own ban on shallow water drilling in the gulf though. And new permits to drill have already been issued as this leak continues.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

they're just getting the ball rolling for a bigger game plan, it's kinda funny how iran wants to sell and manufacture cars that don't need oil, hydrogen.

I didn;t mean that you don't know what you are talking about, it was a bit harsh but us won't see the picture only the pictures that they want us to see.

there are son many of them playing games but all uk and america want is more ££

this is where it can be used to an advantage

less dependence of foreign oil

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:27 AM
link   
Best suggestion on this yet.. I don't think that anyone should hesitate on takeing legal action, especially not because of the fear of power...

They are just People behind it after all...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:28 AM
link   
Yeah do seize it but don't think much of the money will go towards any clean up will you now.

The rig was drilling oil 5000ft down and then driling another 35,000 feet to reach the oil so it was under huge pressure and US law makers should had refused a licence but zionist money can get you anything and that is why it was allowed to go ahead.

Russia is the worlds leader when it comes to ulta deep drilling and offered to help but was turned down to save face.

The major players like golden sacks sold 46% stake in Bp weeks before the rig blew up and it's just like the twin towers being sold just before they fell down so the only ones that are going to loose money is your small time investors and if that does not sound increadable i've read that Bp went short on it's own shares.

Members of the crew are not being allowed to leave unless they sign documents saying they were not hurt in the accident

Realy you americans need to wake up and start to demand some answers to some very serious questions.

[edit on 7-6-2010 by LieBuster]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:30 AM
link   
www.hydrogencarsnow.com...

Iran Catching Up in Hydrogen Production Posted on July 28th, 2009 by admin George W. Bush called Iran an “Axis of Evil”. And there is no doubt U. S relations with that country have been strained at best especially after the most recent questionable election. But, one of the positive qualities of researchers and scientists working within a global economy is that politics plays less of a role that solutions. For instance, near Tabriz, Iran, scientists at the Color Pars Company have succeeded in producing hydrogen that is 99.99 percent pure. The scientists are using electrolysis to create the high grade hydrogen which can be used in medical instrumentation and fuel cell cars. High purity hydrogen such as this is not needed in cars with internal combustion engines. But, because of poisoning and degradation in fuel cells is directly related to their longevity, high purity hydrogen is needed to extend the life of the FC. The scientists are using high pressure electrolysis (HPE) in order to crack that water into hydrogen and oxygen more efficiently. At a time when many nations are using their fossil fuel resources as political footballs its refreshing to hear a case where green energy is more about the science than it is the politics.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
reply to post by kybertech

oh my god what a loser,

great vid nice find

what a bunch of pathetic delinquent bs'eeers

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 08:44 AM
link   
reply to post by kybertech

OK, that video was hilarious. Sadly though, every bit of what they said there was true. From the "relagations" to blaming the President.

Fact of the matter is they had no plan to contain the spill. They didn't even believe there would be one. ALL of the methods they have tried so far have been tested and have worked though. Including the shopping mall......
at 200 feet... Not at a mile down.

Woeful incompetence without a safety net.....

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I am listening to GCN this mourning the POWER HOUR...hour2
the show will loop all day on genesis communication network
check it out
power hour is one of the best shows bar none anywere.
every weekday 8 am eastern

BoB Chapman of the International forcaster
just said the Gulf oil spill is a fals flag.
BoB is batting in the high 90s

Not only did Goldmann Sachs and the president of BP sell huge amounts of shares just prior to the rig going down, but Gold Sacks sold massive amounts of derivatives betting against every rig in the gulf in the days before the spill. of course this means foreknowledge.

he is also saying they are selling off and betting against every thing they can that is related like businesses that are going to gain or lose because of the spill which they know all about ahead of time

he said the US has nothing else to manufacture but war and disaster.
this is now the american economy
corexant, clean up,
the US is going to natioanlize housing...

growth in 3rd quater - 2or3 percent (thats a minus sign not a dash)

I really recommend the GCN

[edit on 7-6-2010 by Danbones]

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:09 AM
link   
Seize a British and EU corporation?

The logistics and political fallout from a dumbass move like that would be astronomical..

Just keep fining them..

Oil spills make messes.. Money is needed to clean it up.. If the US government took over this problem it probably wouldn't fix itself any quicker..

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
Great post, but can I just say, In 2001 the company formally renamed itself as BP plc, and adopted the tagline "Beyond Petroleum," which remains in use today.
It is not British Petrolum anymore and hasn't been for 9 years. I know this is slightly off topic, but it had to be said.
This should not be reflected back at the British people, it's a greedy corporation thing, not us as a nation.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   

Originally posted by Dermo
Seize a British and EU corporation?

There's a lot of strange talk about who owns BP and how British it is.

I've linked to an article in another post, but the reality is that 40% of shares of BP (from December 2009) are British whilst 39% of shares are American. The board of directors is split with 6 directors being British and 6 being American. BP employs twice as many American staff as it does British (22,000 vs 11,000) and the American based operations are far bigger than the North Atlantic (assumed to be British) side.

A lot of people don't realise that British Petroleum stopped calling itself that for a good reason a decade or so ago. British Petroleum merged with the American firm Amoco and, since then, acquired another large American oil firm.

BP is as American as it is British.

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
exactly it is 100% true,

we should really rely on something else not oil, oil is old, so old it should be replaced already!.

I don't have a car or a need for oil.

what's wrong with making eco friendly transportation.

oh i forgot £££ and greed

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:27 AM
link   
reply to post by jumpingbeanz

We are too addicted to it. Worse than heroin addicts to heroin. There are plenty of ways to get off our use of it, but we are "freely" supplied with it and very little has actually been done to research and develop and implement the use of alternative fuel methods

Don't want the oil companies to loose money now would we?

Can't you see? It all makes perfect sense. Expressed in dollars and cents. Pounds shillings and pence. It all makes perfect sense.....

~Roger Waters

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:31 AM
link   
I agree, we are so dumb ed down we are naive of it,
when I worked at mcdonald's when i was younger the vegetable oil was used to fuel the trucks that transported the deliveries!!,

other companies pour it down a drain with a system and waste it,

buses round here also have a blue liquid now, not sure what it is, but the problem with that is that the buses break and leak it everywhere when it overheats

www.getreading.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 09:48 AM
link   
Notice in the above video how an 18 year old song is actually referring to a submarine torpedoing an oil rig and it obviously explodes and sinks while they are singing about the pounds shillings and pence in the background....
eery...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 10:15 AM
link   
reply to post by Merriman Weir

"BP plc[2] (incorrectly known as British Petroleum) is a British global energy company which is the third largest energy company and the fourth largest company in the world. As a multinational oil company ("oil major") BP is the UK's largest corporation, with its headquarters in St James's, City of Westminster, London.[3][4][5] BP America's headquarters is in the One Westlake Park in the Energy Corridor area of Houston, Texas.[6] The company is among the largest private sector energy corporations in the world, and one of the six "supermajors" (vertically integrated private sector oil exploration, natural gas, and petroleum product marketing companies).[7] The company is listed on the London Stock Exchange and is a constituent of the FTSE 100 Index."

Source: en.wikipedia.org...

BP is a British company as you have been advised in other threads.
I presume that you do not understand that a company must have
a base of operation for tax and legal purposes, therefore BP is a British company no matter how many times you say that it is not.

And don't worry about the shareholder mix; if the U S government decides to seize British Petroleum, or more correctly freeze its American assets, even if this British company has shareholders who are both American and British, for our government is an equal opportunity "freezer".

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
Isn’t it ironic that so many Americans are mouthing off about compensation for the damage done by the oil spill in the Gulf when America as a country does not itself take responsibility for the damage its companies have caused around the world.

A case in point being the Bhopal incident which killed 15,000 people and damaged 500,000. Although part of it was due to the slow moving Indian court system the Americans were slow in admitting liability and paying proper monetary compensation.

news.yahoo.com...

www.guardian.co.uk...

posted on Jun, 7 2010 @ 11:50 AM
link   
1)IF BP is seized, then so should be Transocean, Hlliburton, and many other companies.

2)Our government already owns far too many things. You know what the mixing of government and corporate interests is, right?

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join