It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Idea for new members right to post threads,

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
In light of current events with the Gaza situation...

I think we all have seen what can happen in an event like this.
ATS had a sudden influx of new members who quickly made their 20 posts then started multiple threads which were quickly derailed (often by the OP) onto the same topic.

The topic is irrelevant as it could happen again with a different topic.

My suggestion is that before they can post, new members should be members for a minimum amount of time. Lets say 7 days.

Now before anyone screams, I myself would be happy to abstain from posting for 7 days to prove my point...Although from my post count I'm sure you'd see that would kill me, I love this site.

On a side note..I think the staff did an excellent job handling a very tough situation..I was post banned for 36hours and was not happy but realised it was probably an active bunch of Mods, acting in the best interests of the site and I did say sorry.....

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
they should put gaps in the posts as well. like one post a day etc. but i think ats has become a new anti pro israeli website. it is unfortunate because it used to be a great site. are there any others?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   
they should put gaps in the posts as well. like one post a day etc. but i think ats has become a new anti pro israeli website. it is unfortunate because it used to be a great site. are there any others?

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 02:39 AM
link   
reply to post by jakemil

I dont agree and was double posting that a joke?
If so, very funny..

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:08 AM
link   
I don't think something like that would be necessary, I mean since the Irish ship entered the blockade with no problems, I think the whole situation will fizzle out soon. Also the MSM has stopped covering the oil leak since it's "fixed", and N/S Korea seem to be at a peaceful stalemate.

My point here is that since all these things are resolving themselves, the post spamming should slow down.

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
i think your idea stinks im a new member and have just posted my fourth of fifth reply. mind u i am taking my time with these replies so if i get to 20 within an hour or w/e it takes i should have the right to post a new thread. i already believe its unfair the way it is. i should have the right to start a new thread this momment but oh well ill just go along with the program sighs

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:23 AM
link   
reply to post by TeddiRevolution

The situation this week has been hell..I have seen many good members attacked for no reason. I'm just thinking of the next time something like this happens..

BTW, I like many I have seen, was reading ATS well before I joined.
A 7 day ban on threads would not have bothered me.
Infact my first thread was posted way after 7 days...

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 09:32 AM
link   
I still regard myself as a new member. I've been registered here for all of a month, but spent about 2 years lurking. I feel the way the system is set up now works fairly well. While it is unfortunate that we have had the influx of new members in the last few days who seem to be nothing more than part of the JIDF or MEGAPHONE operation. Virgo you know well enough that it is not unusual for one topic to dominate the thread/posting landscape for about a week or until TPTB work to divert our attention elsewhere. I've been registered slightly over a month and have just earned my apprentice contributor badge, wooohooo!!! I myself did fall prey to the divisive antics employed by these idiots who seem intent on nothing more than stirring a hornets nest. I wear my warning tag proudly

I think the current system works quite well. Just my 2 cents worth

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:01 PM
link   
as a brand spanking new member and like azrael36 I lurked for a few years I think a 7dayperiod of membership before posting is a good thing,surely it will stop folks who join specifically to rant about this or that from wasting members' time. I joined to learn and hopefully teach, not to read about this or that persons own hate campaign. Stopping new members from starting threads within an hour of joining will help reduce this(let's be honest it takes a lot to hold onto that hate for a week and then be ready to spew it out ).Yes, genuine members would have to wait , but come on.... it's only for a week

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by consulmac
as a brand spanking new member and like azrael36 I lurked for a few years I think a 7dayperiod of membership before posting is a good thing,surely it will stop folks who join specifically to rant about this or that from wasting members' time.

Agree with you there!

It'd probably take a load off the Mods also who have to give out all those "WARNINGS"!

posted on Jun, 5 2010 @ 03:38 PM
link   
ATS, BTS, What would you like to see in the future?

Also, please note what is written at the top of all threads in this forum:

This forums should be used to post questions regarding site policies and respond to announcements from ownership. This is not a place to post complaints.

Thread closed.

new topics

top topics

join