It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

George W. Bush Admits Torture, Says He Would 'Do It Again'

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Former US president says Khalid Sheik Mohammed was waterboarded by US and he would do it again 'to save lives'

George Bush admitted yesterday that Khalid Sheik Mohammed, the self-proclaimed mastermind of the 9/11 attacks, was waterboarded by the US, and said he would do it again "to save lives".

"Yeah, we waterboarded Khalid Sheikh Mohammed," the former president told a business audience in Grand Rapids, Michigan. "I'd do it again to save lives."

Waterboarding is a simulated drowning technique that the Obama administration has said is torture. Mohammed was captured in Pakistan in 2003 and is the most senior al-Qaida operative in US custody.

In his speech, Bush also defended the decision to go to war with Iraq in 2003. He said ousting Saddam Hussein "was the right thing to do and the world is a better place without him".

Continued at link.

Well this isn't so surprising to me at least. The thing is, I think we all know the techniques aren't just to save lives....

Thought I would share this and didn't find a thread on it yet so feel free to correct me if one exists, otherwise enjoy and feel free to share.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
He never saved any lifes i reckon.

These people tortured people all over this world, and there victims had no voice.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

Well look at the historical record. After 9-11 nothing. AlQuida while not destroyed is on the run and was unable to do any major offensive afterwards. Saddam is gone. Iraq is fairly peaceable for a middle east country. Afghanistan and Pakistan is the trouble spots now.

There was a lot out there that was never admitted to. But according to history he had a successful presidency.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:33 PM
link   
Winners write the history so he knows like every other beast, the history books will look back and say what ever, but not the truth about the evil as all presidents are evil beyond words.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:37 PM
link   
Oh, well. I have no problem with Bush's decision.

If I ever get captured, and the worse I have to look forward to is waterboarding, I'd sleep well every night.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:40 PM
link   
I'm not going to sit here and say torture is right or wrong. That's just opening a can of worms.

But sometimes you need to do something to get the job done.

We live in a day and age now where giving your child a timeout can be considered abuse by some.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 04:55 PM
link   
I regret to inform, this is not breaking news.

This came out 1-2 years ago. It is just being posted NOW on this random website.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
I regret to inform, this is not breaking news.

This came out 1-2 years ago. It is just being posted NOW on this random website.

No, this is from the horses mouth as of yesterday. It is also in The Guardian. The allegations are well known. As for other posters on Iraq, G.W.B. said long ago that 9/11 had nothing to do with Iraq.
Guardian,
www.guardian.co.uk...

Youtube, (fuller version), of Bush's remarks on Iraq,

www.youtube.com...

[edit on 3-6-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:29 PM
link   
Well! I would like see someone waterboard Bu$h and then again & again & again & again & again - then after that I would like to see him being forced to waterboard Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Cheney , Netanyahu and all of the bankster cabal wankers one after one until he's breaking down in tears like the little €lite pendejo faggot he actually is!

Ahhh! It felt great only writing about it!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Judohawk
I'm not going to sit here and say torture is right or wrong. That's just opening a can of worms.

We live in a day and age now where giving your child a timeout can be considered abuse by some.

Torture is wrong.

"Waterboarding" is torture.

Comparing this to a "timeout" is preposterous

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Waterboarding is not torture. It is an very effective enhanced interrogation technique.

If a family member of mine was kidnapped and the choice of waterboarding was an option to finding them. I would OK it in a second.

I miss Bush, he actually cared more for the country than he did about the rights of terrorists!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:53 PM
link   
i agree, sometimes it the only way to get info.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Carseller4
Waterboarding is not torture. It is an very effective enhanced interrogation technique.

If a family member of mine was kidnapped and the choice of waterboarding was an option to finding them. I would OK it in a second.

I miss Bush, he actually cared more for the country than he did about the rights of terrorists!

If I was being waterboarded, or interrogated in some way, I might just come up with some fancy answers fast...doesn't mean the right answers though, especially if I had no clue. Apart from that, it is illegal and IS torture, not interrogation and may have after effects. Contrast that to the intelligence informant who freely gave false info on Iraq's WMD, a Walter Mitty guy, and yeeow! everyone believed him.... 'cos they wanted to!

en.wikipedia.org...

His name is, Rafid Ahmed Alwan. He was codenamed "Curved ball" he should have been codenamed "Head the ball" along with those who believed him.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by smurfy]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:11 PM
link   
The tortued guy admitted to blowing up buildings
that wern't even built until after he was arrested...

Any one who thinks torture is OK
should try it them selves some time
and post the vid on Utube

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Okay so maybe he said it AGAIN, and its relevant enough to be picked up.

However He said this 1-2 years ago as i said, And i remember it because it had he same phrase, he would "do it again"

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 06:34 PM
link   
www.washingtonpost.com...

By Dan Froomkin
Special to washingtonpost.com
Wednesday, February 6, 2008; 12:54 PM

"We Tortured and We'd Do It Again"

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by VonDoomen
www.washingtonpost.com...

By Dan Froomkin
Special to washingtonpost.com
Wednesday, February 6, 2008; 12:54 PM

"We Tortured and We'd Do It Again"

That article is quoting a CIA man, not the encumbent POTUS of the time, besides the attempt to legalize the torture was later withdrawn. I do notice though that your link includes the same phrase as Carseller used,
"effective enhanced interrogation technique" thanks for that.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by traditionaldrummer

Originally posted by Judohawk

Torture is wrong.

"Waterboarding" is torture.

Comparing this to a "timeout" is preposterous

I never once said it was right or wrong. Personally I feel torture is wrong, but invariably others will cry out on what they feel is torture. So I'm avoiding that.

However I brought up the timeout thing not to compare it to torture but to show that some people these days don't have the apples to stand up for anything.

Criminals that get tortured for info usually aren't good people. Letting them sit in a dark room and just asking them over and over isn't going to get information.

Spend more time worrying about yourself and your family than whether a terrorist is being treated fairly.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Chevalerous
Well! I would like see someone waterboard Bu$h and then again & again & again & again & again - then after that I would like to see him being forced to waterboard Rumsfeld, Wolfowitz, Cheney , Netanyahu and all of the bankster cabal wankers one after one until he's breaking down in tears like the little €lite pendejo faggot he actually is!

So torture is OK as long as it's done to people you don't like? Pretty sure that's how it already works.

I've heard the same thing quite a few times from different people. I wonder how many of these people would actually do it, and if they would, how many of them would turn around and stick bamboo chutes under Bush's fingernails after the waterboarding.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by EsSeeEye

Originally posted by Chevalerous

So torture is OK as long as it's done to people you don't like? Pretty sure that's how it already works.

No I didn't say that!

But in context with the OP my post was more like a karmatic destiny for those in the US administration and the man or those who brainwashed Americans and Israelis into thinking that torture of people is acceptable!

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join