It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Boycott BP and all companies owned by them !!!!!!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   
Please Boycott BP until they FIX the oil spill. They are too busy trying to not lose profits and "save" their oil instead of saving our oceans. Bp owns BP stations, Castoroil, ARCO stations, AM/PM stations, Air BP avaition fuels , Aral stations, Amoco stations, Gulf stations. They also own BP solar. PLease Please Please Boycott these places.
If you have any other places to add that BP owns please let me know so that i may add them to FB as well. Please spread the word, our ocaens are too wonderful to let some money grubbing ------------- ruin them for us.

[edit on 6/3/2010 by concerned190]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:27 AM
link   
A simple boycott won't do much. It is a great idea though. You'll need the participation of every oil consumer for it to even make a dent in their profit. The BP stations near me don't seem to be affected one bit. People are still shopping there.

I'm sure there are 100's if not 1000's of companies owned & operated by BP. I haven't found a list of them anywhere. I did find a page that shows a few of them and their connections. Hope it helps, Good Luck!

www.corporatewatch.org...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:29 AM
link   
Thanks, that is a great find!!!!! They also own BP stations, Castoroil, ARCO stations, AM/PM stations, Air BP avaition fuels , Aral stations, Amoco stations, Gulf stations. They also own BP solar.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:32 AM
link   
S & F

I think this is not only a good idea, but a must.

To be honest with you, I never go to ANY of those gas stations. I learned very early on that they have crapy gas. I went through a couple of electronic fuel filters at a local AM/PM before catching on to it.

As the second poster said; it may not do much. But at least it is something. Short of flying down to the gulf and scraping oil off the beach, that is about all I can do right now!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:33 AM
link   
reply to post by concerned190

It's a great idea but it will never be organized, can it be organized? Sure it can, but it's going to take a lot more than spreading the word to do it. A big association is going to have to do it, and it's going to have to make the news, or at least thats my opinion anyway.

Edit:S&F by the way great thread

[edit on 3-6-2010 by XxRagingxPandaxX]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:36 AM
link   
More info from that link I posted...

A full list of subsidiaries can be found in Who owns Whom (vol.1 - UK & Ireland) available in the UK at most major libraries.

Does anyone know if this info is available anywhere else? ...or possibly have access to a UK library??

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:37 AM
link   
It can be orginized, just tell your friends to tell their friends not to get gas at BP stations, ARCO stations, AM/PM stations, Aral stations, Amoco stations, Gulf stations and don't buy castoroil. Its a start.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
Top Institutional Holders of BP[110] Shares Value

State Street Corporation -74,838,292 $3,708,237,369
FMR Corporation(Fidelity Management & Research Corp) -45,746,425 $2,266,735,359
AXA Financial, Inc. -44,415,420 $2,200,784,061
UBS Warburg LLC -16,933,090 $839,034,610
Morgan Stanley Dean Witter & Company -16,617,457 $823,394,994
Barrow, Hanley Mewhinney & Strauss, Inc. -15,631,424 $774,537,059
Bank of America Corporation -15,402,166 $763,177,325
Citigroup Inc. 13,230,389 $655,565,775
First Union Corporation -12,831,490 $635,800,330
State Farm Mutual Automobile Insurance Co -12,228,148 $605,904,733

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:41 AM
link   
I know this is wiki, but maybe it will help people decide what to boycott. There are some interesting tidbits also, in this link.

en.wikipedia.org...

This link lists their retail brands.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:49 AM
link   
Thanks for the link blanca...........thats where I got my info but forgot to post the link...........

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:51 AM
link   
Not sure if it helps, but here is another link...
www.godlikeproductions.com...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
A boycott may be a little easier than everyone thinks. Especialy i the world we live in today where things go viral in minutes instead of the months it would take in the old days. We have the internet. FB would be a great place to start. The people reached would grow exponentially. Lets say i have 150 friends. I send a mass post to all of them and in turn they each sent it to their 150 friends. It theoreticaly could go global in a matter of hours. I think you have a wonderful idea OP and i am jumping on the, so called, band waggon with you. BP needs to go belly up just like the marine animals in the gulf will eventually do.

MessOnTheFED!

[edit on 3-6-2010 by MessOnTheFED!]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 10:54 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

I agree.............I have something posted on FB as well and you can add the boycott BP page. Its important to know Bp owns BP stations, Castoroil, ARCO stations, AM/PM stations, Air BP avaition fuels , Aral stations, Amoco stations, Gulf stations. They also own BP solar that its NOT just BP stations.
These are the place to not purchase anything from.....

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
Wild bean cafe is also owned by BP

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:03 AM
link   
Heres the Boycott BP page on FB for anyone whose interested.

Boycott BP

MessOnTHeFED!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:26 AM
link   
No offense to those with a difference of opinion, but here is my mine:

Boycotting BP is the absolute wrong thing to do. Most stand alone BP's are franchises that emplyee thousands of Amerians and mostly owned by Americans (well, ok Indians). They make the majority of their money on the conveneince sundries sold in the store.

Secondly, BP is going to need every penny it gets right now. Otherwise, our government will have to step in and try to help.... and course fail. This, after spending possibly billions of dollars.

Support BP. Give them the funds to clean this catastrophe up. With that said, I am not trolling nor am I looking for inflammatory responses. Nor do I work for BP. Just want honest dialogue.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
The problem is that BP does not OWN many stations.

Private parties OWN the stations BP runs on a franchise system.

If the station does not make any money it does not hurt BP but the station owner.

Any if they have extra fuel they will sell it to Exxon-Mobil, Chevron, Shell,
or any of a large number of independent stations to help them cover there increase in sales.

By the way, while BP does have corporate-owned stations in the US, none carry the BP logo. They have a different brand. So have fun boycotting the wrong place. only Amoco gas stations are BP owned

if you want to boycott BP try ARCO ALUMINIUM its owned by BP and most canned soda is in ARCO cans buy soda in glass or plastic

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by brilab45

I do see your point. However, I believe we as people need to send these big corporations a message that we are tired of their shenanigans. I believe a boycott would be the best way to do it. I know if they did go belly up people would loose jobs, but you got to break a few eggs to make an omlet though.

MessOnTheFED!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by MessOnTheFED!

You are absolutely right. There is no doubt in my mind that the entire oil and industry is not burying their heads in the sand. They have been rightfully shamed already and will continue to be long after this fiasco.

I see everyones point and anger rightfully placed. But, we have to support these people through our purchasing power to end this and then bein the monumental clean up that will take up to a decade.

Edited to add: I'm having delayed key response, which is messing my tying up. Rebooting.

[edit on 3-6-2010 by brilab45]

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:17 PM
link   
I whole heartedly agree and have been boycotting since the beginning of this. What I wonder is this though. I started this same thread weeks ago and received not a single response.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join