It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Principal tackles drugged gunman at school

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:13 AM
link   
From: www.iol.co.za... _id=13&art_id=nw20100603105522935C721132&page_number=2

A Cape Town principal and his admin clerk are real-life heroes after tackling a crazed gunman who invaded their school after a shooting spree.

The Flats man was arrested after he allegedly went armed to his daughter's school with the intention of shooting her.

The school principal and one of his staff members managed to wrestle a gun from the drugged up dad after spotting him at the school.

It is believed that the father allegedly went on a shooting rampage before going onto the Caradale Primary School playground in Rocklands, Mitchells Plain, on Monday afternoon.

Nobody dead, which is astounding. This event happened in the Cape Flats, a notoriously bad area, where the drug TIK (crystal meth) is very common. He is described as being under the influence of drugs at the time.

The man also claimed to have a bomb, but an immediate search allayed fears.

It's everywhere, this "random killing" madness. But going to a school to kill your own child?

As an aside: www.12steptreatmentcentres.com... _ABUSE_SOUTH_AFRICA_79.asp

Crystal meth has many street names, tuk tuk, crystal, straws, globes. Plus Hitler’s drug as the drug was allegedly used by the Nazis as fighting drug to fuel aggression and keep soldiers awake for long periods of time during the war.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 05:26 AM
link   
Nice post, I come to ATS and get to read about news on my own door step. I was expecting another story from the US (which seems to be the home of crazed gunmen in schools), but instead got some real life heroes.

That principle deserves a nice bonus.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:56 AM
link   
Well our last tragedy was samurai sword kid, down the road from me. Ban guns, yeah right.

Anyone in authority in those flats has got to be tough. It's gang warfare that even scare the cops.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 08:26 AM
link   
reply to post by harryhaller

Me too, I lived a kilometer down the road from that Samurai kid school at the time ... crazy s.o.b.

He gave Metal music a bad name .. and voices too. Why do voices always have to be blamed?

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
reply to post by deltaalphanovember

I dunno.

But then i don't hear voices. Much.

I also haven't gone apesh#. Yet.

new topics

top topics

join