It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sinkhole in Guatemala City

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
the current (2010) hole is approx. 100 ft deep and 60 ft across.
i got that from one of the news articles i saw earlier today - i forget which one.

it swallowed a three-story building and i think a house, too
for sure the building, though

there was a very similar one in 2007 that didn't happen during a storm - although this 2010 sinkhole had been making noise since 2005.
the 2007 hole was 330 ft deep, as mentioned earlier in this thread

think about the cenotes in the jungles down there - they were a big part of Meso-American culture - and the Big Blue Hole is just off the coast of Belize.

for whatever reason, the limestone seems to form in columns, the same in whose absence these sinkholes come into existence. it isn't necessarily because of bad drainage but bad drainage does make it more likely or perhaps just sooner rather than later.

supposedly it was water from the last melting ice age seeping into these limestone formations, 11,000 -13,000 years ago, that is the root cause of these kinds of sinkholes.

these round, deep, and circular sinkholes are found all over S. and C. America, especially the Yucatan.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by queenannie38

Hey, i just got home from work, did it kill 3 people also or was that a different one,? i thought i heard it claimed lives too.. i sure hope not..

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

that was 2007, i'm pretty sure
it killed two boys and their dad

as far as i know for the present situation, one security guard is missing.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 10:57 PM
link   

Ah..o.k. thanks for letting me know,

was a long day and i missed any reports on it..

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   
the bottom is visible, just obscured:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/65293bc7e215.jpg[/atsimg]

i increased the brightness in that one and the bottom was immediately visible. it looks like it is water, though.

then i increased the saturation some, in the same image and some pixelation showed up at the bottom, so something going on there, maybe.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f54fc0a5aaf2.jpg[/atsimg]

i wish i could get it clearer to actually to some details, but i'm not that good.
hopefully someone else is?

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   

wow..great job, it amazes me how deep it is.

that is just incredible to look at..thanks for sharing those!

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
reply to post by JohnySeagull

"This is so funny. There are blaming a tropical storm for this. Comedy gold that is.
Anyway it would be fine if it wasn't so perfect. Because it is so perfect there is only one explanation.
Its quite easy to explain. This is proof that the large haldron collider in CERN created a black hole. There will be another sinkhole like this appearing on the exact opposite of the planet shortly .
Some months after this the entire planet will start coming apart.
Thanks large haldron collider.
Or maybe the people living inside the planet have decided to put in an appearance.
Wouldn't it be cool if some dinosaurs started coming out of it? "

JohnySeagul called it...
Proof:
www.reuters.com...
"neutrinos beamed to them through the earth from CERN" created black hole in quatelama !

Maybe I'm jumping to conclusions there...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 09:16 AM
link   
reply to post by Vanessa99

Yes the new one is much deeper than the one in 2007. I heard 60 meters but it looks deeper from the picture to me.

Now does something like this happen instantly or did it takes minutes, hours, days? I couldn't imagine the ride down on that roller coaster.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:41 PM
link   
reply to post by baddmove

Maybe I am far too suspicious, but the first thing I notice when I saw this hole on the news was just how much of an absolutely perfect circle it is! Are we sure that this thing happened as a result of some storm, or could there be another explanation? Did anyone hear of any UFO's in the area at about the same time?? It just seems very strange to me.

posted on Jun, 4 2010 @ 03:21 PM
link   
Hollow earth aliens or race of higher humans comes into my mind, cause that can explain it.

although i have no idea, what they have done.

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join