It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

German President Resigns-LOL

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 08:21 PM
link   
Horst Köhler has been forced to resign after remarks concerning germanys occupation of Aghanistan

He said:

that for an export-orientated country like Germany, it was sometimes necessary to deploy troops "to protect our interests... for example free trade routes

news.bbc.co.uk...

I guess this is the price you pay for telling the truth in politics at that level. Though personaly regardless of what i think of his politics i applaud the fact someone is basicaly willing to tell the people how things are, at least that i can respect.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Johnze

very wise.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 07:49 PM
link   
Probably one of the best choices a president can do.

Good job!

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
I like honesty in a politician. Its a rare trait. He should have stood his ground on this and he might have received some respect. Also he is perfectly correct in his assessment. Although the ostensible reason for the occupation of Afghanistan is to defeat the institutionalized islamic terrorism responsible for the 911 attacks.

It would have been nice if he delved a bit further into say oil pipelines or mineral rights or some such. I'd like to hear the inside scoop. For those who deplore gunboat diplomacy and claim the moral high ground, please get a grip. There is not a single state in the world that hasn't used force at some level to protect or advance state interests.

Even worse for the far left agitators is the fact that your exemplars (Stalin, Mao, Robespierre, Pol Pot etc.) have slaughtered more people in the last few centuries than all the religious wars in all the world. There is nothing more frightening than the good intentioned utopian dreamer.

posted on Aug, 20 2010 @ 11:22 PM
link   
reply to post by SevenThunders

Seventhunders, he probably couldn't have delved. His office is mainly ceremonial. While his powers are about the same as the Queen, God save her, at least as long as Charles is alive
,the Queen has the right to be told everything she asks. The German President doesn't. They don't really have to tell him squat.

posted on Aug, 22 2010 @ 11:45 AM
link   
hahahaha. touchè my friends. very wise

top topics

join