It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How to kill a thread you don't like.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:12 AM
link   
There's no way I'm the only person on here that NEVER visits "below top secret".

I come to this site to get alternative news, and expect to have to sort through a bunch of bologna. I assume anything that "doesn't make the cut" here is so far into the bologna spectrum that I don't even need to waste my time on it.

That's where "below top secret" comes in.

Just by the name you can tell that it's going to be full of 'sub par' stuff. Probably stupid jokes and photoshops and stuff like that, right?

It's a perfect place to send a thread you don't want any of your actual critical thinking costumers seeing.

Nobody who's really into this stuff is going to go to a site that specializes in elvis and bigfoot sightings, so if you send 'nuisance threads' there, you can say you didn't delete (censor) them, you just moved them to "a place you saw fitting." Plus now they'll be associated with the dumbest of the dumb.

My whole stance in this thread was that someone needs to confront this site's controllers about stupid censorship, based on my experiences over the past five years seeing other peoples' good threads, and eventually some of mine, sent off to tha land of stupid misfit toys known as BTS.

Threads go from busy to dead in literally the few seconds it takes a moderator to click some buttons. "But they're not deleting it or censoring you."

Am I wrong about any of this?

I can see that I'm a bit angry about this just now happening to me again, but it's been happening to a lot of people for a long time, and it works...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

If you actually visit BTS, you can have a look and see for yourself if your assumptions about it are valid.
How will you know, otherwise?
I don't normally need to log in again, if I'm on ATS already. Just click.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Give it a rest

You're embarrassing yourself now, get over it.

Many people on ATS dont visit BTS, that is their decision. Personally I like BTS and many of the topics discussed there.

If you dont want to visit it, that's your decision...your thread will die, which wouldn't be a bad thing.

I personally hope you stick to your word...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

Well the way I look at threads that seem useless is I DONT look at them. You have that choice to just not view it. The mods are people too and have lives besides ATS so they don't catch all the threads that should be in BTS. If you see one alert them, help them out a little. I know I use the alert button a lot, probably too much
Sorry mods

I was a little annoyed when I saw one thread moved to BTS recently while there were about 2 or 3 others of the SAME topic that stayed on the ATS side. If you are going to move one thread on the Ancient Aliens show which has all the episodes to BTS then move the others too or keep them all on the ATS side. I didn't think it was fair to be honest that one members thread was moved yet the others stayed. I know they don't catch everything but those threads get a lot of attention. I also think a thread like that should stay on the ATS side because you can work the conspiracy angle with what is presented in the videos. Now it will get lost in BTS.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:19 AM
link   
Your threads were moved cause they were not conspiracy related.

ATS for is conspiracy topics. Your were opinion.

That's what BTS is for, for all the stuff that is just chit chat, regular conversation and NOT of the conspiracy angle.

~Keeper

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:22 AM
link   
Shouldn't this really be moved to the rants forum.

After all that's what this really is.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   
Well this thread is about a conspiracy, so I hope it doesn't disappear.

Originally posted by DISRAELI
reply to post by alaskan

If you actually visit BTS, you can have a look and see for yourself if your assumptions about it are valid.
How will you know, otherwise?
I don't normally need to log in again, if I'm on ATS already. Just click.

I've been to it before, and it's not the kind of website I want to visit.

Maybe facebook should take over your bank account? It's all run on computers, and you can make it kind of look the same, right? What's the difference? How hard is it to type a few different letters before the .com, right?

Oh that's right, it's a completely different service...

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 09:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by tothetenthpower

That's what BTS is for, for all the stuff that is just chit chat, regular conversation and NOT of the conspiracy angle.

~Keeper

WRONG!

There was a thread on the front page today or yesterday that had pictures of animals.

What is the conspiracy in that??

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:44 AM
link   
reply to post by alaskan

goddess man...this is the SECOND thread you have opened to complain about ONE thread getting moved. Frankly I think you're bent out of shape because your self-important topic got moved. Dude I have had what I though was a helluva thread moved a few times. Get over it.

BTW I like how you slipped in that BTS users are basically stupid

man you whine alot

-Kyo

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 01:07 PM
link   
No offense but you are coming off as quite arrogant. "I only go to ATS, people who go to BTS are less intelligent than me"

Come on, even the most rampant conspiracy theorists have a life outside of conspiracy and enjoy talking about things such as music, movies, sports and all the topics life has to offer. Who best to discuss all of your interests with than fellow conspiracy theorists?

Please step off the high horse.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:43 PM
link   
reply to post by mblahnikluver

The mods are people too and have lives besides ATS so they don't catch all the threads that should be in BTS.
Mods are people????? I've been sorely mislead

Agree with your POV mblahnik...... we always have the choice. If a thread reads as a rant, then that's where it goes. I presume we always have the ability to plead for a redress of the placement of a thread.

BTS has its own flavor. I don't spend as much time here as ATS, but there are times when it lifts me, and I think others as well. We are all a semi-dysfunctional 'net family....... here is where some o' those things get worked out.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 08:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by argentus
reply to post by mblahnikluver

The mods are people too and have lives besides ATS so they don't catch all the threads that should be in BTS.
Mods are people????? I've been sorely mislead

Agree with your POV mblahnik...... we always have the choice. If a thread reads as a rant, then that's where it goes. I presume we always have the ability to plead for a redress of the placement of a thread.

BTS has its own flavor. I don't spend as much time here as ATS, but there are times when it lifts me, and I think others as well. We are all a semi-dysfunctional 'net family....... here is where some o' those things get worked out.

Argentus
congrats on the new title

BTS definitely has it's own flavor. I am on it maybe every other day if that. I like the ATS side more. I do miss mutter! I do like a few forums there and a few on going threads crack me up!

I have had threads moved to BTS and it annoyed me but honestly I didn't care that much. I just wanted to get the information out for others to read. As long as it's online that is fine with me. I could careless about stars and flags which imo is why some people get so bent out of shape when their thread gets moved.

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:12 PM
link   
Maybe you should write another thread or two trash talking ATS and its owner?
www.belowtopsecret.com...

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by zaiger

easier to be a victim than admit mistake

I wouldn't worry though because according to OP, us BTS users are pretty much worthless and non-critical

-Kyo

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 02:18 PM
link   

posted on Jun, 1 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

I can see that I'm a bit angry about this just now happening to me again, but it's been happening to a lot of people for a long time, and it works...

Threads are moved to fit the category. A thread that isn't about a conspiracy topic is very likely to get moved to BTS. Threads aren't moved out of malice, they are moved by checking the content against the guidelines of the particular forum, and moved more for easier searching than any other reason.

Personally, I'm often on BTS more than ATS, but eh, whatever. If you ever disagree with a thread move, you can always:

1. Ask the mod why they moved it....they will tell you.
2. Use the complain feature, where many mods will review the action, and either agree or disagree...we do disagree with each other on occassion you know...

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:03 PM
link   

~Keeper

This is very good concise advice, I think a lot of us newbies need these clear rules perhaps posted at the beginning of every thread.
Iam sure many break the guidelines unitentionally on ATS.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 07:04 PM
link   

~Keeper

This is very good concise advice, I think a lot of us newbies need these clear rules perhaps posted at the beginning of every thread.
Iam sure many break the guidelines unitentionally on ATS.

top topics

join