It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Sarah Converted To Islam Last week

page: 3
<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
16 years old?

That burkha would come off so fast her head would spin around like The Exorcist. Not in my house.

18 and out of the house? She can do what she wants....

If she was really serious I'd have her committed. Seriously.
thats right, in white america you really dont have freedom of religion

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
reply to post by Shine71

*AHEM* RELIGIOUS FREEDOM, RIGHT?!

Its something how folks EMBRACE religious freedom when it applies to themselves, but DENY religious freedom when it involves another faith!!

Folks are SO quick to SCREAM religious freedom when it applies to themselves ONLY. And DENY religious freedom when it includes a friend or family member of theirs!!

Funny how it is, ah?

Very wise and true post Shine.

It's the my god is the right god and yours is the wrong god and you better believe in my god or else mentality that has caused most of the wars, crusades, witch hunts and all the other inhumanity towards each other.

All the holy wars, all the millions of souls throughout history that have been tortured and murdered in the many names of god.

When will man kind grow up.

We are all a part of god, like cells in a body, "god" is the body.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:48 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eric Cartman

Originally posted by Signals
16 years old?

That burkha would come off so fast her head would spin around like The Exorcist. Not in my house.

18 and out of the house? She can do what she wants....

If she was really serious I'd have her committed. Seriously.
thats right, in white america you really dont have freedom of religion

You can see why they rebel. Who could tolerate oppression like that. It is all an alternate world of false righteousness and BS to me. I am surprised more have not become muslims under the weight of the evangelical suppression.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:59 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

You sound just like my brother in law who said I must attend Mass every Sunday or else. I must believe in the Catholic Religion or else, I must hand over my mind and soul to his way of looking at life or else.

A tyrant and bully pure and simple.

I left home at 20 and have not stepped inside a church or his home since because of his bullying me.

To this day I resent being forced to submit to a stupid, non logical and moronic dogma.

Forcing someone does not work.

Worry about your own soul and leave others to attend to theirs and try to be more accepting of ways that differ from yours.

Acceptance and being kind is the key word.

[edit on 28-5-2010 by ofhumandescent]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexl
That is the problem , this 'extreme teaching'. what does that involve .. something nasty I bet . These children don't know which way to turn , they are in a closed environment where they have this constant hostile input and they look for a way out , even if it means the antithesis of what they are being indoctrinated with

I dont mean antyhing sinister, I mean Sarah and her brothers are sometimes asked to sing "The lords Prayer "in harmony before dinner ect, but its just that sor tof thing, no smoking,watching TV ect.
They are God fearing People honest and hard working.
But my brother I think is more easy going he used to be a Status Quo fan as a teenager but he decide to be a Christian when he got busted for drink driving.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:05 PM
link   
If these christians were born before 325AD , they wouldn't have even said that jesus was divine. It was only after it was decreed he was by council that they were able to make this absurd claim . They ought to make make one of these councils of divinity every century or so . I reckon Jimi Hendix would make for a good god , they should vote on it and make it happen.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:12 PM
link   
Children and young people will often look at religions in a different ways. They seek for something, that can not be pointed out or spoken of, but are always seeking. Your brother needs to act in a very compasionate way and talk with his daughter, and ask her why she wanted to convert to Islam, and become of that faith. He may also want to ask her if she is aware of all of the ramifications that go along with such, to include the different restrictions that are on those who follow that belief. When a person changes a spiritual belief, it should never be done on the spur of the moment, rather it should take time to explore, read and think about what they find that is correct for them, understanding that every different beliefs have there own restrictions and rules that have to be followed.
Now as long as she is of the age of consent, then no he can not really forbid her from doing such. If she is under the such, then he can place some restrictions on her actions as a parent, until she hits the age of consent.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:25 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire

What I find most interesting with western people converting to Islam is the lack of people flocking or attempting to immigrate to Islamic countries.

I have a feeling if they were able to experience life first hand in some of these countries this notion to convert would fade away quickly.

You make a very good point. Perhaps it's time for a "vacation?"

But seriously, pictures are apparently worth a thousand words. Maybe find a few pictures that convey the average lifestyle of muslims in their own native country and have her imagine what it would be like to live it.

Don't be afraid to use fear as a deterrent, because this is scary stuff.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Just Wondering

I concur, This is getting out of hand.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
and ask her why she wanted to convert to Islam, and become of that faith. He may also want to ask her if she is aware of all of the ramifications that go along with such, to include the different restrictions that are on those who follow that belief.

Not as free as is it portrayed to be , America. Is it .

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Drexl]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by Drexl

Originally posted by sdcigarpig
and ask her why she wanted to convert to Islam, and become of that faith. He may also want to ask her if she is aware of all of the ramifications that go along with such, to include the different restrictions that are on those who follow that belief.

Not as free as is it portrayed to be , America. Is it .

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Drexl]

True, but if she does not understand all of that, then it could be very bad for her, especially if she does not understand the nature of the religion that she is taking on. Some of the restrictions are very strict and non negotiable, especially when it comes to diet, what she can and can not wear, and actions.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
Then again , pride is one of the deadly sins . But you go parading flags everywhere a flag can be paraded , I won't go into avarice. Maybe they pick and choose what they want of their religion, just as you do.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Your christian religion is just the present fashionable incumbent mode of belief that every tribe throughout history would equally ascertain to be of true authenticity . Whether it is pixies, tree gods, sun gods , moon gods or jimi hendrix. If you were to be born 3000 years from now and christianity was extinct , you would be proclaiming some obscure personage to be of divine origin. It doesn't make them divine , it just means you are of the disposition to believe that it is so.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:56 PM
link   
reply to post by ofhumandescent

I sort of understand where you, Drexl, and Eric are coming from. Do we have a Christian household? Yes. Do we go to church on Sunday? No.

What's funny is this afternoon, my 10 year old daughter asks me how people in the Bible (I didn't know she had been reading the Bible here and there, of her own accord) could live 800, 900 years...which led to a discussion on Creationism vs. Evolution and some other stuff. In the end I told her what I believed, but that she would have to make up her own mind.

Then, I walked inside and read this thread
Just wanted to give a little background, as my first post seemed harsh.

The thing is, I meant what I said. There is no way in HELL a child of mine is going to convert to Islam, no way, no how. 16 year olds don't have religious freedom people. They live by our family's rules until they go out on their own.

That's how I was raised and some think I turned out okay, but it is debatable

How do you think a Muslim family would react to their daughter coming home dressed like Miley Cyrus, proclaiming they are Christian now?

Hint: It could be very, very violent. Islam is not a religion of tolerance.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:07 PM
link   
First of all I dont understand why we have to use my brothers situation as an excuse to denegrate religion in general, but it is a free world.
Updating the Familys situation ,my brother has just informed me that during Lunch Sarah almost choked on a chicken leg, as she ate under her Burqa.
My sister in law thumped her on the back and dislodged the bone that was choking her.
About ten minutes later from beneath the Burqa Sarah started sobbing "and confessing she was pregnant"...she was deeply ashamed and revealed she was wearing the Burqa because the baby was starting to show.
I think my Brother in a way is relieved, his wife is being understanding to poor Sarah,apparently she had a one off thing with a friend at a Party, and the boy had plied her with alcohol.
Turns out the Boys father is some sort of Scientologist, so I dont know how its gonna work out.
Anyway thanks for those who helped,Iam not 100% sure but I think Sarah was fakin being a muslim, but my Brother will Iam sure fill me in more, as time passes.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Signals

The fact that this post got any stars at all tells me that the ATS tag line is just that, a tag line, and not a practiced philosophy.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:17 PM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire

Wow, that is one crazy story!

Conversion for fashion to hide pregnancy; ironic considering pre-marital pregnancy is a contradiction for both Christian AND Muslim faiths.

Plus, you have the whole scientologist-cult aspect to have to deal with.

I hope this incident actually can bring the family closer together, and that they can work out all the madness before the baby gets here.

I say overall its a wonderful thing, and no matter how a baby came to be, a new innocent life to love is always a blessing.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOneElectric
reply to post by Signals

The fact that this post got any stars at all tells me that the ATS tag line is just that, a tag line, and not a practiced philosophy.

Please read my last post ^^ just 2 posts above this. You couldn't be farther from the truth.

Denying Ignorance is thrown around like a hot potato here when opposing views meet, come on. Denying Ignorance has absolutely nothing NOTTA to do with a 16 year old converting to Islam.

Please accept Common Sense as you Deny Ignorance, the 2 work well together

OP, this thread almost sounds like a HOAX thread now, doesn't it...you got me all riled up for nothing!

[edit on 28-5-2010 by Signals]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:32 PM
link   

Originally posted by Dr Conspire
First of all I dont understand why we have to use my brothers situation as an excuse to denegrate religion in general, but it is a free world.
Updating the Familys situation ,my brother has just informed me that during Lunch Sarah almost choked on a chicken leg, as she ate under her Burqa.
My sister in law thumped her on the back and dislodged the bone that was choking her.
About ten minutes later from beneath the Burqa Sarah started sobbing "and confessing she was pregnant"...she was deeply ashamed and revealed she was wearing the Burqa because the baby was starting to show.
I think my Brother in a way is relieved, his wife is being understanding to poor Sarah,apparently she had a one off thing with a friend at a Party, and the boy had plied her with alcohol.
Turns out the Boys father is some sort of Scientologist, so I dont know how its gonna work out.
Anyway thanks for those who helped,Iam not 100% sure but I think Sarah was fakin being a muslim, but my Brother will Iam sure fill me in more, as time passes.

Wow. Well lets face it . Ofcourse its a great relief. Anyone can convert into any religion. I am not opposing that. Lets face the fact. Muslim terrorists motto is simple. Be muslim or die. Now do you want to add strentgh to them. There are many hidden forces against humanity. Lets focus now on open threat. It is Muslim extremists. Just imagine if these nutcracks get nuclear weapon technology. Over centuries there has been witch trials, pagan killings and so on. Now if muslim people are really 'peace' loving people they should stop funding their extremists and stop supporting them. This thing is getting out of hand. If it isnt stopped soon there will be grave danger. Also consider their population. Its bursting out in high rate. Everybody has many children. They are expanding and other people are becoming less in ratio compared to them every year. They have no tolerance against other religion people. This cannot be allowed to continue.

Otherwise just forget your 'freedom', atleast which is left of it and let them continue their reign of terror.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 11:46 PM
link   
The religious book of Islam is less violent than say the (bible) the book of the Jews and Christians. Hopefully with her being a westerner, she can only bring positive characteristics to the religion, and any Muslim groups she may join.
The worst thing her father could do would be to demand that she not be Muslim, and not allow her to practice. That would just radicalize her in an instant!!!!!!!!

<< 1  2    4  5  6 >>

join