It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

okay my rant for women

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
Why do women say they don't care about the money, but then turn around to date some rich guy instead of the average joe? They also complain about they wish to date some nice guy, but when the nice guy comes along they deny them? Some nice guys seriously have a hard time for first impressions. I know I am one of 'em! You know if I didn't have such a strong will; I would seriously be gay. Hell, I have been told by many of women that I am alright, but sadly they are all taken by either a man or a woman.

But my lust for the opposite sex continues.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:15 PM
link   

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:30 PM
link   
reply to post by dragnet53

Okay this isn't necessarily true just for women, or for all women, but here's some observations:

1. Women want security. Thus someone whom they think can't materially support themselves and another, consistently, is unattractive.
2. Women want emotional closeness. Thus someone who is concerned primarily with material things is unattractive.
3. Women want security. Thus someone who is weak-willed and 'too nice', easily dominated by others, is unattractive.
4. Women want emotional closeness. Thus someone who is a closed-off, bull-headed jerk is unattractive.

See the contradictions here? Part of the mystery of life.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
reply to post by Ian McLean

...very good Ian, all guys listen to him, he knows well!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 04:27 AM
link   

Originally posted by Ian McLean

Okay this isn't necessarily true just for women, or for all women, but here's some observations:

1. Women want security. Thus someone whom they think can't materially support themselves and another, consistently, is unattractive.
2. Women want emotional closeness. Thus someone who is concerned primarily with material things is unattractive.
3. Women want security. Thus someone who is weak-willed and 'too nice', easily dominated by others, is unattractive.
4. Women want emotional closeness. Thus someone who is a closed-off, bull-headed jerk is unattractive.

yeah, the mysteries of life is true for sure.

But I noticed fate or destiny always has a playing card in it as well.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:42 PM
link   
Ok, here's the answers you are seeking from a member of the female persuasion.

Money:

How much money you have isn't important, it's how it's spent. A fashionable looking guy, in a suit will always draw more women than the guy in holey jeans and a extremely faded tee (unless that guy is built like a body builder or model). Fashion costs and guys with money, dress for sucess with nice colones, clothes, and hair. Girls see this and think the guy is capable of taking care of himself. That's important, cause the last thing a girl wants to do is have to make sure a guy is presentable before going out.

Also how a guy dresses, shows his maturity level. Girls are attracted to the "more mature" male. Reminds them of their father's and means that this guy can take care of them.

That being said, money isn't important. If a well dressed man can't afford to take a girl to a 5 star restaurant, but cooks dinner at his place for her (and I'm not talking about a penthouse on the beach... just your ordinatry SUPER CLEAN place) he's going to get further with her than if he just took her out. Women are attractive to caring thoughtful individuals. Heck, if he took her out to see a movie with his last 20 dollars... she would be much more impressed than if he took her out to the most expensive restaurant in town. It's the fact he was willing to spend what little he had on her, that will mean a great deal.

The Nice Guy:

Women all want a nice guy. That being said, the nice guy does finish last... and do you want to know why? He's not aggressive enough to make his intentions known clearly. I can't tell you how many "nice guys" I've met that never spoke up about their feelings until I was already with someone else. Also, nice guys try to get a foot in the door with the friend stage.... and there is NO LEAVING THE FRIEND STAGE. When you are in the friend stage, you are there for life!

Does that mean if you are a dick, you'll get the girl? No. However, the dick will flat out walk up to a girl and say "You and me, dinner now." and she knows he is interested in her. Women essentially are insecure creatures. They will never think the guy they like could like them back. Sure some may be good at hiding it, but in the end... when a guy askes them out, they are usually shocked by it.

I hope this helps you with your future dealings with the ladies.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   

Well not all women go for the money, I can tell you I didn't, I have the chance still right now to leave the guy I love for someone who has lots of money, but It just ain't happening, I don't have feelings for that guy at all and all the money in the world will not change that ever.
As for the nice guy thing, sorry a lot of us like bad boys, macho guys, it's from the cave dwelling times when women depended on the man to do the hunting and protecting for them and their offspring. But after you get through the exterior they still have to be a nice guy, if they're truly a jerk all the way to the core, chances areit won't last, so they do have to have a soft side, but it has to be hidden, got it? So act tougher, I mean not rude but just tougher and take your time letting the ladies see the nice side of you. I hope this helps.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 01:32 PM
link   
Treat 'em like crap, they will be knocking your door down.

Ignoring them works the best, drives them crazy !

Hey Ladies

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 03:04 PM
link   
money isn't necessary? right and I am George bush. I couldn't try the bad guy scenario. It isn't in my nature and doesn't sound logical.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

So SICK of gender generalizations.
For god's sake.
Just goes to show you don't know anything about women.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by Signals
Treat 'em like crap, they will be knocking your door down.

Ignoring them works the best, drives them crazy !

Hey Ladies

Carry this too far and you become "a jerk" likely to get left all alone.
Careful.

*This thread is definitely too generalized and frankly, generalizations rapidly become useless information/advice. Tried to make that point (subtly) with my first post, based solely on the O.P. but maybe it needs to be said louder ... the more one generalizes, the more likely it is that one will *miss* the uniqueness of each person he meets.

Maybe - OP - you are either not meeting the right people, or not giving them a *real* chance. Are you preconceived ideas getting in your way? Food for thought...

[edit on 28-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Not a contradiction at all. A perfect balance in between is what we are looking for.
Just remember confidence goes along way.

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 10:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by calstorm

Not a contradiction at all. A perfect balance in between is what we are looking for.
Just remember confidence goes along way.

^^^ My thoughts exactly.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:18 AM
link   
for most young girl,signal is kinda...right (:
but..but do you really want a womam who is like this?who you always want to play a game of "i dont care" so she can like you?
girls like that are a dime a dozen,and they arent worth my attention.
they are not mature,just little children.
just get a girl that likes you,if she gives you trouble and mixed feelings from the start,it aint a good sign

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 06:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Stillalive

sadly most women in texas are like that.

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 08:06 AM
link   
I just dont think its right to make generalizations about any gender. Its like me saying that all men like barbie doll blondes. I married a nice guy with basically no money and 13 years on I love him more now than ever. Oh, and I am the main "bread winner" of the relationship as well.

my 2c worth

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
I dont go for money, i couldnt care less how much money a guy has, i pity those girls who marry for money or who only date guys that are loaded, because they are probably missing out on finding someone special and most likely will not get the chance at finding true love.

I dont care how a guy dress's either, im actually put off by guys who wear all the latest trendy crap and have the latest stupid hairstyle, would probably spend more time than me getting ready in the morning.

as for the cocky 'treat them mean keep them keen' guys, no chance!

Theres alot to be said for a nice normal guy, who treats women with respect, doesnt care what other people think of him and can make a girl laugh.

Havent found any lately tho

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 02:32 PM
link   
the important thing is the girl to LIKE YOU.
there are all kinds of girls and guys,but but,
i have money and blabla but girls still hate me couse
i can buy some toys that they cant instead of sweetalking me
(i guess i brag sometimes without knowing XD)
so even in the most bad place you can find the girl that you get along with
and there you wont need to lie,she wont lie to you
and it will be nice

posted on May, 29 2010 @ 11:09 PM
link   

As long as you know what type is yours and you know who you are, you shouldn't have much trouble.

I always heard you have to wine them and dine them....those were just con artists comments......

If you're a con or a fake or a social climber, find a similar person, if you are down to earth, then stick with what you know and never act like you are something you are not.

If they want you to spend money on them and you don't have any, take them home or find that out b4 committing to a date.

Never apologize for being yourself unless you're a jerk, then you better clean up your act or find a jerky girl!!!!

Any questions?

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 02:58 AM
link   

Hi drag

I flagged you for this thread and here is why:

Men have about as much chance of understanding women as humans have of understanding the universe - ie, NONE.

So stop trying and keep hoping - much like the rest of the world.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join