It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Just joined thought i would say hello

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:07 PM
link   
i have been perusing this site for a few months now, and appreciate all the hard work put in by the staff and community.i have found most posts to be informative and if not entertaining. i am not the most computer savvy person out there so please excuse my lack of avatar.as a bit of background to offer i am in my mid thirties and have worked in the agriculture industry (8 years)as well as the commerical moving logistics industry(7 years). now to put it in perspective and in the spirit of honesty ; these are big words for saying i picked weeds and carried boxes most of my adult life.that being said i look forward to offering my insight or opinion for what they are worth .

~meathead

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Mike Stivic

Hi Mike, and welcome to the ATS community. For now, you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only.
Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

NEW! ATS Video Tutorials

Terms & Conditions Lite!

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

link   
Welcome. I worked on a farm as a child and adolescent and I think its pretty much the way people were meant to live. (outside of hunting-gathering, perhaps). I That said, I know from personal experience it's hard work, and my body and general lifestyle have become far too soft for it these days.

Anyway, hope you enjoy your stay.

link   

Welcome aboard. Let me try my psychic skills, I say Sauron will soon post here.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS amigo!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:12 PM
link   
Hello there and welcome to AbovetopSecret! Great to have you here with us and I'm sure as you join in you may come across things you are unsure of, Please feel free to contact me at any point with and query's you have, I'm more than happy to help you around the halls of ATS till you are able to fly on your own,

Here is a few things to help you get started, Again at any point feel free to ask me as many questions as you need,

Getting started.

(click to open player in new window)

Getting an avatar uploaded,

(click to open player in new window)

New member posting help, (what the little tags ect are)
www.abovetopsecret.com...

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Asala xx

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Welcome to ATS. As an All in the Family fan, I can't wait to see your avvy.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:16 PM
link   
thank you kindly for the warm welcome!

yes silent thunder farm work is definately spiritually rewarding even if not financially.

yes loken68 in fact he beat you to it!

and gracias romantic_rebel, though i am italian

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:23 PM
link   
wow thank you asala for the tutorial! i appreciate the courtesy and will be sure to put it to good use in the coming weeks.

intrepid- they just dont make tv like that anymore!..maybe why i quit watching it ?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:26 PM
link   

Originally posted by Mike Stivic
intrepid- they just dont make tv like that anymore!..maybe why i quit watching it ?

Can you imagine the outcry if a show like that was made today? Jackson, Sharpton, the ACLU, too many women's groups to number would be up in arms. No one realizes that that show changed society. It made us laugh at the bigotry in society. We're to PC these days to see that though.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
I could not agree more my friend, nor say it better myself, so i will not try.

thanks again to everyone who posted and made me feel like i actually joined more of community then my actual neighborhood..

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:41 PM
link   
Welcome to the club, take some time and have a look around. What topics are you interested in?

BTW I look forward to the fresh vegetables you will hopefully bring to the end of summer ATS picnic.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:47 PM
link   
Mike Stivic? Meathead?

Beautiful, man! Great moniker! I wish I had thought of that one.

As mentioned above, can't wait to see the avatar you come up with.

Well, welcome to ATS, and we look forward to your impassioned, Stivic-ian debates.

P.S. Isn't that Archie's chair you're sitting in???

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:51 PM
link   
thank you invisable observer and well met!
i am interested in alot of differant subjects so its hard to categorize. i am also, as open as i myself am to new ideas(or i would not find myself here), a skeptic on most matters or perhaps conservative would be a better word as long as its not misunderstood to be a political term. it would be hard for me to nail down one particular topic that most concerns me. i think that has to do with the fact that im not particulary concerned with specific world changing events as i am with why these changes take place . and what they mean as a whole.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 07:56 PM
link   
thank you univac500 for the welcome and the compliment.i mean what is life if we cant poke a little fun at ourselves?

P.S. Isn't that Archie's chair you're sitting in???

Shhh hes not back from kelseys yet and the dingbat is taking a nap!

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:08 PM
link   

I am picking up what you're putting down

I like to splash around in a little of everything to see whats there.

Again welcome aboard.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 08:23 PM
link   
InvisibleObserver~
"I am picking up what you're putting down

I like to splash around in a little of everything to see whats there.

Again welcome aboard."

this i think is why i settled at ATS in the long run,there is just so much information here about so many differant topics as well as intelligent opinions its truelly astounding and refreshing to see all the labor of love threads that surface here.

that said its getting late here and i still havent had dinner so im going to call it a night and start fresh in the morning,take care everyone and thanks again for such a warm and positive welcome!

posted on May, 28 2010 @ 12:57 AM
link   
Im new as well, Welcome

posted on May, 31 2010 @ 11:51 AM
link   
Hello and welcome to ATS

I look forward to reading your posts and opinions.

Remain Vigilant

-bonsaisert

posted on Jun, 25 2010 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I am posting this here because i felt the need to thank Intrepid and Semper Fortis for my avatar but did not want to glean any stars or flags from voicing my appreciation.

As it stands i dont think i ever would have gotten it done without them taking the initiative im just not that PC savvy...

I just wanted to state publically that even tthough i have not been here long several members of this community have gone above and beyond in your welcoming of me here. Its a family like utopia here that just gets lost on 99.9% of the websites floating about the web.

So thanks ATS for not only taking me into the fold but making me feel like i have found a home.

respectfully yours.

~meathead

top topics

<<   2 >>

join