It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trolls taking over / Post limit?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:25 AM
link   
We need to do something about these trolls. They are starting to influence your mods.

Any normal person makes less than 10 posts a day. Some probably one a week. Why not set some sort of limit to reduce the effectiveness of organized disinformation?

I think it would greatly raise the quality of posts by frequent posters also.

Perhaps the best idea ever given to ATS?

...or will the desire for more visitors and more posts and more profit override?

[edit on 2010-5-27 by sandwiches]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:27 AM
link   
Make use of the R.A.T.S. board. I been looking for a reason to actually use it.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:31 AM
link   
reply to post by sandwiches

Sandwiches.....

I agree.....

Trolls are a blight on ATS.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:33 AM
link   
The same thing happens every summer…
Just wait until summer vacation is over and it will return to normal.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by onequestion

Sadly getting a 404 when I try to look at it. The title seems promising, though. I'll check back later...

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:41 AM
link   

Any normal person makes less than 10 posts a day. Some probably one a week. Why not set some sort of limit to reduce the effectiveness of organized disinformation.

First of all who are you to define what's NORMAL and what is not here on ATS?

Second - You suggest penalizing me by setting a limit on MY posts, because THEY are acting like little children?

You're kidding right?

Not?

Then in my opinion your thread is trolling.

peace

[edit on 27-5-2010 by silo13]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandwiches

Originally posted by onequestion

Sadly getting a 404 when I try to look at it. The title seems promising, though. I'll check back later...

Sandwiches.....

I don't think you can get there with MINUS 802 points!

[edit on 27-5-2010 by Maybe...maybe not]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:47 AM
link   
reply to post by silo13
I'm sure a reasonable compromise could be found that benefits everyone... I can't think of a better solution to hinder people paid to troll 12 hours a day. Can you?

Member ratings?
We already sort of have that... Hm

[edit on 2010-5-27 by sandwiches]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Without trolls we end up with conformity and elitism.
And hands up who isnt just a teeny weeny troll from time to time?
We are all trolls of many different hues and egos?
Imagination always has to pay the toll.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Without trolls we end up with conformity and elitism.
And hands up who isnt just a teeny weeny troll from time to time?
We are all trolls of many different hues and egos?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:55 AM
link   

Originally posted by sandwiches
I can't think of a better solution to hinder people paid to troll 12 hours a day.

Ah…
So is this about REAL trolls, or about other members who stumped some theory of yours in the mud in some thread?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 02:59 AM
link   

I can't think of a better solution to hinder people paid to troll 12 hours a day. Can you?

Now they're paid trolls?
Whoa.
I know this is a conspiracy site, but...

Anyway, sure a compromise can be made.

Let them use the site like they want, and leave me to use it as I want.
We all follow the rules, we're all set.

If you see an 'active troll' (paid or a gratis troller - lol) just put them on ignore.

As said by one of our ATS'ers (non troll):

Did you mean 'toll', or TROLL!

Hehehe I love that line thank you Dr Conspire!

peace

[edit on 27-5-2010 by silo13]

link   
So a troll is someone who posts a lot I got called one yesterday and it left me confused I thought the poster was a lords of the ring fan or something I was considering calling him a smeegle.
I guess I can't be one though as I've only posted about 8 or 9 times since joining.

Do people really get paid to post on here and how do you sign up for it?

link   

What do you feel the daily or weekly limit should be? How do you feel this applies to long standing members with solid contribution histories, nothing but POSITIVE points, and good reputations - who also post quite often. I see many good posters here that post all day and night. Many claim to post from work as well as home so whatever. I know I have talked to people like me that rarely sleep so it kind of gives us too much free time - no not saying I am a good poster, just I know what these good posters are saying.

So, I am curious what the limit should be and how you determine it.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:01 AM
link   
Trolls?

Disinfo?

Disinfo trolls... I see where this is going, you're of the opinion that those that disagree with your belief is disinfo. And of those who keep on disagreeing with you are disinfo trolls.

Are you so small minded that the only reason for a person to have a differing opinion to you is that they must be paid?

Pathetic.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:03 AM
link   

I have a thought... anyone with less than a month membership cannot make suggestions.
Sound fair?

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by Dr Conspire
I agree, but the problem now is the trolls are starting to influence mods to suppress certain videos.

In these situations, threads featuring brand new footage are heavy-handedly thrown into the hoax forum. It doesn't seem to matter that the author has some of the best UFO footage in the world and is frequently mentioned excitedly on radio shows like C2C by popular UFO investigators.

By closing all threads on a topic/author with NO RECOURSE to open further investigation, those perpetuating disinformation have much to gain by harassing your mods and/or feigning consensus until they give in. They certainly have far more to gain than the objective investigator wanting to analyze both sides.

How can the average casual "do-gooder" troll fight the influence of such dedicated teams of individuals? Sure, we'll overwhelm them eventually... but ATS could probably do something to REVIEW heavy-handed auto-HOAX-forum decisions by moderators and RELAX those from time to time so the issue can be re-evaluated in light of new evidence.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   

Originally posted by Chadwickus
Trolls?

Disinfo?

Disinfo trolls... I see where this is going, you're of the opinion that those that disagree with your belief is disinfo. And of those who keep on disagreeing with you are disinfo trolls.

Are you so small minded that the only reason for a person to have a differing opinion to you is that they must be paid?

Pathetic.

You took the words out of my mouth Chad! I can only assume that this thread was spurred by the necessity to limit damage control some highly flawed theories.

I must say that there is definitely an element of narcissism attached to the claim that the PTB have to pay people to come here and actively silence, refute and debunk him.

IRM

[edit on 27/5/10 by InfaRedMan]

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:09 AM
link   
Looks like our OP got into some debates on Chemtrails, and a few other more fringe theories, then ran up against Phage, Chad, and some others.

To the OP, take it from me, there are fewer real conspiracies then there are both deliberate hoaxes and misinformation on the internet. I suggest opening your ears to some of the skeptics here and learn some from them, then make decisions based on scientific facts rather then internet rumor. We have some very sharp, science minded, skeptical folks on here, and I guarantee you they are not paid to troll you, but rather wish to help you weed through the hoaxes.

Originally posted by winterwarlock
Do people really get paid to post on here and how do you sign up for it?

Yeah, the ATS owners and advertisers…
Its just an accusation people make of other posters when they get their junk knocked in the dirt and get upset about it. I have been called a paid poster more times then I can even count, and have yet to receive a check from anyone.

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 03:11 AM
link   

Since 3 of your threads have been removed, I would suggest that the topics you were trying to cover have been beaten to death somewhere on ATS already. This is almost always the case when a thread is removed for its simple lack of credibility or new content. There is a thread somewhere already explaining why this new thread would not be useful or productive.

Of course, I do not know for sure but I am guessing. Since I see you are a fan of UFOPA woman or whatever she goes by, the topics you want to discuss are probably already well represented in the HOAX forum. Have you tried looking to see if there were other threads on the topics you had removed?

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join