It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

*UPDATE* BP has NEVER shown us the main leak! Until now...

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+53 more 
posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:56 AM
link   
This has been troubling me for several weeks now.
I knew there was something wrong with the live feed we were being shown by BP from the gulf oil spill. I just couldn't figure it out until now.

They are showing us the wrong leak!!!!!

We all already know there were 3 leak points. The main "hole" from the drilling rig, as well as 2 smaller leaks from pipes that led away from the drill hole. Supposedly they have capped 1 of the 3 leaks. The second and larger pipe leak they tried to cap with a cement building basically, which developed ice crystals from methane and had to be removed.

They did finally get a pipe into the larger pipe to siphon some oil off. I posted about this Here.

Here is the link to the feed BP is showing us.

"Live" spill video

This is what I finally realized is wrong this morning. Why there have been so many estimates on the amount leaking.
The are still showing the PIPE leak. NOT the actual wellhead leak.
To prove it, here is a video from Yahoo of the feed from a couple weeks ago along with the attempt at dropping the dome onto the leak. BP had said this was an attempt to cover the main leak, but look at it....
Yahoo video of dome

It is obvious this is still the pipe and not the main riser. There is NO drill column here. They had just cemented it in place. Where is it? This is a pipe running horizontally across the ocean floor. They are not showing the oil coming from the vertical riser which is a much larger amount than we are seeing....
They have NEVER shown us the main leak.

Since they have begun to show the "top kill" video, they have shown parts of the main leak. There was a very short clip of a scene behind a CNN anchor that was possibly it. It looked a lot larger than what we have seen. And the huge gusher there was I'm sure an accidental showing...

It seemed that CNN had multiple views of a live feed from BP. But were only showing us the one BP wanted us to see. CNN obviously has inside information.

Either way, the single pipe they had been showing us is in no way the main leak. Looking at the live feed now, what they are showing has way more equipment around it than what they showed.And it was almost an immediate switch.
They finally switched the video to the correct spill, which we still really can't see.
Real Leak?:
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5142d1027497.jpg[/atsimg]

OP edit to reflect more current information. I first posted this before the top kill videos came out....

[edit on 26-5-2010 by webpirate]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I believe you're right. I looked at it and it appeared to be a bad editing job of a tape-loop, like someone trying to get away with something......

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
I was just wondering where is the rig at in relation to all of the video locations, and I do agree I think there is much more going on then being said.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:08 AM
link   
This article HERE describes how the pressure shot back up the column.

As the workers removed pressure from the drilling column and introduced heat to set the cement seal around the wellhead, the chemical reaction created a gas bubble and the cement around the pipe destabilized, according to the interviews.

Deep beneath the seafloor, methane gas is in a slushy, crystalline form. But as the bubble rose up the drill column from the high-pressure environs of the deep to the less pressurized shallows, it intensified and grew, breaking through the rig’s various safety barriers, the interviews said.

“A small bubble becomes a really big bubble,” Bea said. “So the expanding bubble becomes like a cannon shooting the gas into your face.”

This is just the pipe on the bottom that was broken when the methane broke the riser. There is NO WAY this small pipe is the main well head out of this huge oil field. Not to mention it's headed sideways. Not up.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:10 AM
link   
I cannot imagine what the main leak must be like - we have been deceived. I understand now why they want to stop live vid feed when or if they try the top fill. Thanks for the info!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:18 AM
link   
Here are images I have found of both ground as well as deepwater blowouts. They do not look like a little pipe on the seabed floor.

This is from a Texas blowout.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8a452f61abbc.jpg[/atsimg]

This one is from Turkmenistan.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/dec0e8e2ed61.jpg[/atsimg]

This is obviously an old blowout.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/9657bef86950.jpg[/atsimg]

They are all shooting UP...not sideways out a small pipe. And remember, the BP spill is almost a mile underwater. And under immense pressure.

here is an image of a blowout preventer. Notice it does have some smaller side pipes coming from the bottom of it, but looks at the much larger opening in the top. This is not what they are showing us. We are seeing a side pipe.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d1c3e28bf900.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:28 AM
link   
Thank you so much for posting this idea.

My question is this:

If the video experts believe that around 60,000 BPD are coming out of the leak in the video, and the leak in the video is not the main leak, how much is actually coming out?

Never mind...that thought scares the %&$ out of me.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
I was just looking at this video posted by loam on his recent thread The video(s) 'BP does not want you to see' ... have a look at around 2:00 where they show footage of a leak:

These old eyes don't see too well but it seems to me that that is a different leak (vertical) than the one shown by the live feed (horizontal).

Perhaps the flow rates are different thus the difference of the flow direction, but I thought it might confirm the OP's suspicions. Argh, it's hard to tell.

[edit on 26 May 2010 by schrodingers dog]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:32 AM
link   
reply to post by webpirate

This just keeps getting worse and worse. One wonders if we'll ever know the truth about this
I don't think so, if they can hide it for almost 40 days, then surely they can continue hiding it. As another poster posted earlier BP supported the Obama campaign substantially. So what will happen?

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 11:38 AM
link   
reply to post by schrodingers dog

Yes. I have seen that image. I have been looking for more still images of that scene. I think it is just a pulled back view of the pipe so it seems like more is going up.

There were pipes and everything else sticking into the one pipe and other equipment around it. I think that's why everything looks different now. They pulled it all away to try this "top kill" method. If you think of pulling the current live feed image out some, you can see how it is all going up. It's just the PIPE isn't going up. It's horizontal.

You can't push all that mud on top of the other stuff that's down there. That's why this just hit me what was wrong with the image. They finally moved everything so we could get a good look.

Even if they have briefly shown us the main leak, they aren't showing it live now. Which they said they WOULD do during the top kill try. Either way, they are lying about something...

Here is a video from May 11th from BP. It shows the exact same sideways pipe. This is all they have ever shown us. They just move stuff around under the water and that is what makes that part of that clip seem like it does.

Edit for video insertion

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:13 PM
link   
When I had read they finally succeeded in inserting a 4 inch pipe into a 21 inch "main" pipe, I did wonder about that. I thought that seemed small.

This oilfield is HUGE. Some estimates are it is the largest ever found. Even BP doesn't know the size of it. There is NO WAY they are using a 21 inch pipe as the main hole out of a well that large.

Look at the above blowout preventer I posted above. While this isn't necessarily one they used on this rig, it is a reference point. It's many feet across, maybe 1 1/2 -2 meters, at it's largest point.

And that's just a "stock" photo of one. This well was larger than what this image shows. So theirs has to be way larger. the side pipes don't look close to 21 inches around.

this video is a sham. They are passing off a smaller leaking pipe near the same scene as the "MAIN" leak.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:37 PM
link   
It's amazing these people are so interconnected and have gone so long controlling us the way they do. It's gonna be a while before we know the truth of anything.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:49 PM
link   
Thank you for the good thread and discussion everyone.

I think the OP might be correct in his estimations.

We are missing significant data to know either way, and what the true situation is.

When they hide or deny things, conspiracy theories have fertile ground to thrive.

I have not actually seen anyone mention or articulate this distinction about the pipe we are all shown in the video.

We could in fact be viewing a smaller leak from the "main one". If this is true, than I envision the "main one" as a geyser going vertical as well. IMO the pressure would snap that little horizontal pipe.

They think they can't cap it, and they said it may leak till August.

1) Horizontal pipe leak (famous live video feed from BP)
a) Looks kinda small / contrallable
b) why can't they stop that little leak?

2) Theorized Vertical Geyser (the "main leak"?)
a) would be understandable why they may never cap such a thing
b) it probably wouldn't be controllable
c) I could see it leaking past August...

Sorry just kind of thinking out loud here.

Thanks for bringing it up though webpirate, it's always fun to exercise the brain and consider these twists to reality. Good thinking!

[edit on 26-5-2010 by muzzleflash]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 12:52 PM
link   
Now there's a "ah-ha" moment!

Call it intuition, gut instinct, a feeling.... you went with it.

I believe you are correct.

Thank you for sharing.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
None of this would surprise me in the least. The leaks they showed could have been anything as far as a layman like me is concerned. It's not even possible to really discern the size of things from those pictures. For all I know that could have been a five or ten-foot wide pipe gushing forth, which would have made for an enormous amount of oil.

I remember back in the 1990's, a two-foot wide water main burst under the street in front of Grand Central Station in New York and managed to completely flood an entire section of tunnel below it in a matter of minutes. They were really lucky no trains were going through there at the time, or else a lot of people would have died. A lot of liquid can gush out of a relatively small pipe very quickly.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:17 PM
link   
I think you have made an incredible revelation (no pun intended
)

That would be exactly why they want to turn the "live" feed off during the next cap attempt.

We know what they want us to know. Maybe less.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:23 PM
link   
I'll be damned. you are absotlutely correct. They are not showing the wellhead, they are showing a different leak. The well head should be shooting straight up, just like in the geysers you show.

BTW, one of those images you posted....i know the person who capped the well.

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:25 PM
link   
Hmm, I can remember a thread a few days back mentioning that Wikileaks will in a few weeks ( or months was it ? ) release some '' history changing stuff ''. I'm hoping it'll be about BP. Reeeeallllly Hoping.

But too much damage has already been done

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Have you seen THIS live feed? It looks like a verticle pipe/well head and a whole lot more is coming out of it.

Watch it for awhile...it changes views. It has that ticker about life feed coming soon...but the headline for the video says it is live feed. I don't know, I haven't been following the cameras this whole time to make any kind of guess about it.

[edit on 26-5-2010 by westcoast]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 01:30 PM
link   
Right now on CNN, Senator Boxer is about to give a briefing on the oil spill, but in the background is a video running that is not what the rest of us are getting on the so-called 'live' feed! Her live shot looks HUGE!!!

www.cnn.com

www.cnn.com...

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join