It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Smoking Gun Proof BP Knowingly Dodged Compliance Regulations On Atlantis Platform Back In Feb!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 04:36 AM
link   
Everyone needs to read this. Aaron McCollum has sourced document proof from back in February (from the Minerals Management Service, signed by various members of Congress) warning BP of a catastrophic accident if they continue to dodge compliance regulations. Pass this around, email it to media outlets.. this is the smoking gun of culpability right here!

And to be clear, this is SPECIFICALLY PERTAINING to the Atlantis platform in the Gulf of Mexico - that's right - the one that blew up! Here we have it, folks. BP have blood on their hands - and they were warned about it. Here's the PDF file:

www.npr.org...

Please spread this far and wide.. to your Facebook friends, email to your colleagues and family.. we all deserve to know the truth. Aaron says he has many other documents he can bring out in the open. Let's bust this thing wide open!

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 10:31 AM
link   
C'mon everyone - this an ORIGINAL DOCUMENT - not some person's synopsis of what they think is happening - it's a SCANNED LETTER for goodness' sake, with signatures.. something you won't get on the tv news. It's as real as it gets. It's murder, that's what it is. It's Negligent Homicide. (

posted on May, 27 2010 @ 11:37 AM
link   
Breaking news on MSNBC - highly intriguing given the contents of this letter - Breaking news - Elizabeth Birnbaum fired from MMS!

U.S. oil agency chief quits
Departure follows criticism for lax oversight of BP, oil industry
MMS chief pushed out
May 27: Elizabeth Birnbaum, head of the Minerals Management Service which oversees offshore drilling, is leaving. Msnbc's Alex Witt reports. -------------------------------------------------------------------------------- NBC News and news services updated 12:08 p.m. ET May 27, 2010 WASHINGTON - The head of the troubled agency that oversees offshore drilling resigned under pressure Thursday as President Barack Obama moved more aggressively to take charge of the Gulf oil spill.

The departure of Minerals Management Service Director Elizabeth Birnbaum was announced by Interior Secretary Ken Salazar at a congressional hearing where Birnbaum had been scheduled to testify but didn’t show up. Birnbaum resigned “on her own terms and her own volition,” Salazar told lawmakers.

Heads are rolling, what's the deal here?

[edit on 27-5-2010 by RiotComing]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:39 AM
link   
reply to post by RiotComing

As someone from New Orleans, I think People SHOULD take things Like this a LOT more seriously.

But some people don't except what isn't spoon fed to them by there attractive low-cut blouse TV anchor

I BETTER here this on My local News at Some point

You can Be sure that I will immediately post this to a few people i Know who are Protesting BP (right this moment actually) the second i finish this post!!!!!!

Thanks Again

Kind of a Shame that someone half-way around the world is catching this before the so-called journalists around the area it effects

keep up the good work!!

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:02 PM
link   
good find.

heres a link that has been posted before, but seems related:

BP Cited ‘Well Control Situation’ Six Weeks Before Blowout

A March 10 e-mail to Frank Patton, the U.S. Minerals Management Service’s drilling engineer for the New Orleans district, from BP executive Scherie Douglas said the company planned to sever the pipe connecting the well to the rig and plug the hole.

“We are in the midst of a well control situation on MC 252 #001 and have stuck pipe,” Douglas wrote, referring to the subsea block, Mississippi Canyon 252, of the stricken well. “We are bringing out equipment to begin operations to sever the drillpipe, plugback the well and bypass.”

The New York Times reported ... that internal BP documents showed “serious problems and safety concerns” with the rig prior to the explosion that triggered the largest oil spill in the nation’s history. Waxman and Stupak sent letters on May 28 to clean-up consultants working for BP and Transocean, seeking documents including contacts and emergency-response plans.

www.businessweek.com...

[edit on 31-8-2010 by justadood]

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:37 PM
link   
the rig that blew up. if i understand you correctly,was the deepwater horizon,owned and operated by Transocean.if it was owned by BP it is probabily a production platform.

posted on Aug, 31 2010 @ 07:59 PM
link   
I am a dr of marine science currently working in the gulf. The ptb would have you and everyone alse believe that the crisis is over. In fact, it is only beginning. It is foolhardy to believe that millions of barrels of oil are suddenly gone.
It is uniquely american to believe that as long as the pretty beaches are still white, then there is no problem. The msm is suddenly silent about it. Does no one wonder why?? You can easily get oil from sand, the Canadians produce millions of barrels a year by doing just that. The oil should NEVER have been dispersed. It is far easier to clean it when it is in a homogeneous state, not broken down into fast food for everything from lankton to whales. 30 years is a conservative estimate.
There are thigs going on here that we have been coerced into keeping quite, and I will be silenced no longer. This is a first time thing for me, so if there are specific questions I can answer, ask away. If I can, I will.

new topics

top topics

join