It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

why do people attack the mexicans and not the people allowing them to be here?

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:43 PM
link   
why do people attack the mexicans and not the people allowing them to be here? Why don't they attack the companies that divide one person's wage into 8 people(mexicans) to save money? Why don't they attack the politicians for their lax immigration laws?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:52 PM
link   

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by John_Rodger_Cornman

Actually, we do, there are many threads here addressing this. We don't attack illegal immagrants, we just tell them to get out. We will be hostile against many of the illegals who act like they own this place and do whatever they want. Also many of them(not all) are:
1. Dirty
2. Unproductive
3. Obnoxious
4. Prideful
5. Resistent to integrate American culture into their own
6. Hateful against whites
7. Criminals

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:10 PM
link   
Finally, a thread that tries to address the real issue, yet is getting ignored because a lack of bashing of illegals.

Guess some just find it easier to blame illegals for our problems rather than face themselves in the mirror for electing politicians who are the root cause of a grand majority of our problems.

Just make a list of all of the problems America is facing and ask yourselves, how many of these problems have been addressed and fixed by Congress?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:36 PM
link   
Everyone who cares about solving the border problem should remember that every illegal immigrants job was given to them by a fellow American citizen.

These same citizens then turn around and tell you they wanna stop illegal immigration and take your money to help get themselves elected.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:44 PM
link   
America is going thru rough times, economically, socially, morally, and doesn't want to take responsibility for its troubles. Thus many in this country need a scapegoat to put the blame on. Guess who?

It's happened before with tragic consequences.

en.wikipedia.org...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:49 PM
link   
Somebody needs to explain to the bleeding hearts out there that we are not just trying to attack the Mexicans! We are trying to stop any terrorist with a WMD wanting to blow something up....or some political assassin.....or drug smuggler.....or white slave trader kidnapping our kids....the list can go on for a while!

These laws are meant to protect us. Would you let a total stranger that knocked on your door in the middle of the night come into your house?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by Shystargazer

We are trying to stop any terrorist with a WMD wanting to blow something up....or some political assassin.....or drug smuggler.....or white slave trader kidnapping our kids....the list can go on for a while!

Let's see... 19 terrorists plus a few others later came in legally. Drug smugglers come in legally and illegally and through all entry points. Slave traders come in through through all entry points and are likewise legal and illegal.

Yet, you are probably only concerned about the Southern border.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:56 PM
link   
watch the movie food inc. They cover this in the movie in a small portion but it brings light to how giant food companies advertise and bring in illigals to work in their factories and are not punished. Instead they have a deal with immigration to have like 15 workers a week deported. They then get immunity from anyone pointing the finger at them.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:58 PM
link   
I beleive i said all i can say on all the other topics on here about illegal aliens. So why do more topics pull up on ATS on illeagals? DID we the U.S.A not get our message thru. There are many issues that should be brought up. Population vs. buisness, gov't laws and regulations, other nations gov't laws and regulations on illegals, enforcement of laws and regulations, NEED I SAY MORE.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:59 PM
link   
Well the southern states belong to mexicans anyways and with mexicans being harder workers and better people I think we should welcome them. Besides. there are alot of born american people who arent welcome in other countries for their lack of intelligence and or inability contribute to a global society.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Shadow Herder]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:07 PM
link   
Saying to blame the companies instead of the illegals is like saying blame the scantly clad girl instead of the rapist.

Ok, I am going to extremes with that, but there is a degree of truth to it.

The fact is, they are both to blame. I have yet to see a thread here where the posters don't agree that the companies are also part of the problem. It may seem that only the illegals are getting 'attacked' but they are simply the most viable target. The government has been lackadaisical in their enforcement of the law in the past, and now openly say they wont enforce the law. The companies benefit citizens both in what they provide for sale, jobs and to investors. The illegals, only arguably, provide cheaper products or services, while creating a larger problem on the civic systems (education, medical, law, corrections, ect.) It you are only going to pick one to rant on, what is the most logical one?

The mexicans (and other illegals) are fully conscious beings, who are completely aware they are breaking the law.

There is more than one variable in the illegal immigration problem. There is the illegals, the companies, the government. They are all EQUALLY responsible, in that take one away, there is no problem. , to a lesser extent, legal sympathizers and racist (i.e. La Raza) play a role as well.

Ex

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
I think the problem is that everone is in a quandry over this issue.

I am seriously amazed that legal Spanish people are not outraged
They did it right, applied legally, took classes, paid money to obtain
their citizenship,and here are so very many running over the border,
only to enjoy the benifits that they themselves worked so hard for.

I'm not saying only Mexican people also, many of the spanish speaking
illegals are also from the South American countries.

But, then again, our government catered to them for many years now.

How many times have you called a company only to be asked to
PICK English or Spanish in their opening dialogue?
Our schools have made every class,especially in High Schools,
have a comparable class for the non-english speaking students.
Our colleges have spoken very freely about accepting students
they KNOW are illegal and aiding them to get finacial aid to attend.

Companies know they run the risk of fines for hiring illeglas,
yet they are willing to risk it because they pay such very low wages
to these people, the fine is a minimal in perspective.

Spanish people now have a very real voting block, and many
elected from a school board member to the floor of congress know this.

Yes, yelling unfair at this point is like spitting into the wind!!

We need a hotline to be able to turn in illegals , if suspected.
The lines would be burning up......
We need to block the borders, all together , open at will.
( anybody have a good tech idea to achieve this?)
We need to also have a hotline to turn in all companies that
break the law knowingly! and make their names know publicly.

There is no overnight cure for this.........
After all, when was the last time you saw a high school teen
working at a MickeyD's.....and not middle aged spanish folks?

We need solid ideas.and someone that will enforce them!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   

Doesn't this ever get old with you folks?

There are many people here who attack the people that ALLOW it. But with most CRIME, people get angry at the CRIMINAL, imagine that. It's happened since the beginning of law in the known UNIVERSE.

What are you suggesting? That the law BREAKERS themselves receive "sympathy" from us. And we should be compassionate about their crimes?

Do tell.

ETA: Your thread sounds as if BOTH law breaking entities are exclusive to each other. They're not...but what I wrote above still stands.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:23 PM
link   
Why can't we blame them both (which we do)?

Scenario:

Guy guards a bank, but his friend is a bank robber. He leaves a key to the vault under the rug and looks the other way while his friend robs the bank.

What, you want us to be FURIOUS at the corrupt guard only. Not the ACTIVE criminal?

How ridiculous is that notion? How about you stop giving EXCUSES for law breakers to benefit your Ideology?? Hmmm?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:25 PM
link   
Many americans on welfare who dont want to work and would rather collect a check and get high. Meanwhile there are hard working family people who come to america and do I fine job to raise their family. I dont care if they are from mexico or Canada.

Work and taxes is what makes the world go round. Not some welfare collecting big mouth wanna be american drop out.

I would hire a hard working family man over some welfare collector who is being asked to get some work to keep his welly check coming in.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Shadow Herder]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:33 PM
link   
reply to post by jam321

I have to agree very strongly with you.
To the Op, thanks for finally starting a thread about the main issue.

We must remain vigilant & not misdirect our anger. The true focus of our rage should be pointed at the US citizens & gov't. officials who are the ones aiding & abedding the illegals.

Anybody who hires or rents to illegals needs to be arrested & charged.
Anybody who is generating false IDs & other documents needs to be arrested & charged.

This is the real root of the problem.
Take it from Monsanto's RoundUp Weed Killer, you're never going to kill a plant by staying above the dirt & picking the leaves!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Wolf321
Saying to blame the companies instead of the illegals is like saying blame the scantly clad girl instead of the rapist.

Ok, I am going to extremes with that, but there is a degree of truth to it.

The fact is, they are both to blame.

That's a horrible analogy. Illegal immigration is roughly on par with tax evasion in terms of seriousness and impact, I find it hard to get angry when these people are risking their lives to make 4 dollars an hour instead of 4 dollars a day.

The fact is, if American companies weren't hiring them, they would have no reason to come here.

To me its a betrayal of the rights workers have fought for the last 250 years.
We finally start making progress toward a good quality of life for everyone, taking our piece of the pie from the top 1%, and then they become multi-national corporations and just start replacing us with cheaper workers.

That's what I am angry about.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Prove_It_NOW

Doesn't this ever get old with you folks?

There are many people here who attack the people that ALLOW it. But with most CRIME, people get angry at the CRIMINAL, imagine that. It's happened since the beginning of law in the known UNIVERSE.

What are you suggesting? That the law BREAKERS themselves receive "sympathy" from us. And we should be compassionate about their crimes?

Do tell.

ETA: Your thread sounds as if BOTH law breaking entities are exclusive to each other. They're not...but what I wrote above still stands.

[edit on 24-5-2010 by Prove_It_NOW]

Riddle me this:
Why do people who catch their lovers in bed with someone else, yet try to beat the crap out of the person they've found them with?
If your lover hadn't invited them to your bed in the first place.....
So, who would you be most angry at?
The lover, or the "intruder"?
They're both at fault, but who is most guilty?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   

Originally posted by jam321
reply to post by Shystargazer

We are trying to stop any terrorist with a WMD wanting to blow something up....or some political assassin.....or drug smuggler.....or white slave trader kidnapping our kids....the list can go on for a while!

Let's see... 19 terrorists plus a few others later came in legally. Drug smugglers come in legally and illegally and through all entry points. Slave traders come in through through all entry points and are likewise legal and illegal.

Yet, you are probably only concerned about the Southern border.

Last time I checked, Canada wasn't supplying the United States it's enormous amount of dangerous narcotics and illegal aliens.

It's called reality. 220 people have died in the desert of my small county in Arizona in a ten year period trying to enter the United States illegally. How many illegals baked to death in your county?

I don't want any more dead children in my backyard. Secure the border.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join