It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Kevin Randle's Crash reviewed

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:15 PM
link   
Crash: A History of Famous Incidents, Conspiracies and Cover-Ups by Kevin D Randle, PhD (New Page Books, 2010)

This is a very compelling read that lists one hundred of the more than three hundred alleged crashes of craft from outer space. Dr Randle gives many of the unknown cases that have appeared on more than one list a paragraph and what the event was. For some there is a little information, but for many others there is just a date and a possible event.

There are about 25 cases that have a lot more information to go on, and Dr Randle traces the history of when the information came to life and if there is any recent information about the case. There are also three or four cases that might be the same case (Aztec) that get their own areas and then the similarities are gone over.

As one expects, many of the cases have down to earth explanations and some of the more popular ones are possible hoaxes. But there are a few cases in the book that are really good, and merit further research. While that is true for Roswell, it also holds well for Kecksburg (with new information coming from NASA that the material tested from the area was a Soviet satellite which everyone denied before) and the crash in Las Vegas of 1962.

A very good reference book to have, as Dr Randle does not take any sides and raises the questions that skeptics do too. Even handed and well written, this one is a must have for the UFO book collector.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kidflash2008

Check out conspiracy of silence by Randle great book...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:21 PM
link   
reply to post by NWOWILLFALL

I have most of his books and will add that one. He is one of the few authors who will call a case as it is and is not afraid to rock the boat on the ufology side. He also gives ufology the dignity it does need at this time.

BTW, I read the book overnight.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 04:24 PM
link   

Yeah he's not like most, he seems to really believe what he's saying and not just profiteering.

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 02:48 PM
link   

Investigator and author Kevin Randle discussed UFO reports from around the world and throughout the ages, including Roswell, Kecksburg, and Shag Harbour. In 1950, Frank Scully published the book Behind the Flying Saucers that first brought attention to purported UFO crashes in such places as Aztec, NM, and Paradise Valley, AZ. But a reporter for True Magazine in 1952 so thoroughly debunked UFO crashes in the public's mind that investigators ignored such cases for quite a few years afterward, Randle noted. One of the earliest UFO cases he researched was an account from 840 AD in France in which a mob was about to stone a group of people, who were said to come down from "cloud ships."

In one newspaper account, witnesses who were shipwrecked in the Indian Ocean in 1862, described seeing an object crash into a cliff. They went to the site and saw giant-sized corpses, though Randle suspects this could have been a tall tale. Other newspaper accounts described a UFO crash that occurred in Nebraska in the 1880's. The wreckage was too hot to get near, but tiny ears were reportedly found.

Interestingly, Randle said he was not able to find any newspaper reportage for the Aurora, Texas UFO crash of 1897 in which an alien was allegedly buried at a cemetery, and so he believes this rash was probably a hoax. Predating Roswell by six years, was an incident in Cape Girardeau, Missouri, originally investigated by Len Stringfield. It involved a Reverend who was summoned to pray over the bodies of three alien crash victims. Randle also talked about his investigations into the Roswell case, and his interviews with various players such as Glenn Dennis, Frank Kaufmann, and Walter Haut.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   
Hi

I agree this is a great read. I really enjoyed his views on a diverse range of evidence. In addition, am always interested in any Australian cases which make books like this. I was surprised to see that we only had two (and very mundane) non-UFO crashes.

My co-blogger, has just posted a detailed review, at:

ufos-scientificresearch.blogspot.com...

Please take the time to also have a look at this Australian UFO blog at ufos-scientificevidence.blogspot.com...

Happy reading.

posted on Jan, 1 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
Interesting.. Hadnt realised there had been so many u.f.o crashes... Thanks for the info will see if can find the book when I make the trip downriver to "civilisation" later this year..

new topics

top topics

join