It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

UFO expert investigating Colorado Cow mutilations (5/21/10): Update w/ Pics & investigators notes!!

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 01:56 PM
link   

ALAMOSA, Colo. - Authorities in Colorado's San Luis Valley are trying to solve a series of bizarre, gruesome slaying: cows, mutilated, carved up, left to die in the fields.

Police are stumped. But rancher Mike Duran, who lost two of his cows to mutilation last December, has a theory that is literally out of this world. He says it was aliens. "It's almost like the animal was taken away, killed, surgically manipulated and brought back," Duran told us. Some of the wounds on a female cow were "like laser cuts," he said. "There was no blood. No tracks. No witnesses at all." "Some people say it was a cult. But even if it was a cult, we would find tracks or something like that."

Duran says he found a powerful electromagnetic field coming from one of the cow's carved-out head, only adding to his suspicions that aliens are to blame. "In my opinion, this is probably one of the best cold cases we have," Duran says.

In Duran's mind, that leaves only one other option. "I believe there are aliens. People may laugh at me for thinking that," Duran said. "(The aliens) do what they have to, and then they bring (the cows) back and they drop them back in the field. And that's why there are no tracks."

Duran is not alone. "The (female cow's) sexual organs were removed, the eyes were removed, a tongue was removed," said Chuck Zukowski, a self-described UFO investigator and reserve El Paso County Sheriff's deputy, who is trying to solve Duran's case. "The pattern is that of surgical cuts. There are no bite marks. There are no scratch marks. There's no carnage on the ground...It's as if it was under surgery."

The Colorado Department of Agriculture, however, doesn't buy the extraterrestrial theory. "Postmortem changes on an animal happen very fast," said Nick Striegel, a veterinarian with the department. "Predators are coming in...they can lick up that blood. Insects and other parts of the decomposing process can digest body fluids." If not predators, Striegel says it is also possible that people could be involved.

Source: www.kdvr.com...
John Romero KDVR Denver
6:04 PM MDT, May 23, 2010

UPDATE: I found the investigators website with the investigation and pictures. Pretty graphic. You have been warned.

ufonut.com...

This area is not new to cattle mutilations, the first documented case was the famous “Lady” (aka. Snippy) the horse.

1: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/e7c0610befb3.jpg[/atsimg]
This unusual death affected an Appaloosa outside of Alamosa on the King Ranch in which the animal was found with very strange laser-like cuts with no presence of blood pooling. Rancher Sanchez has experienced passed cattle mutilations, the last one back in 2006.

2: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/7799e6699614.jpg[/atsimg]
Mouth was closed tight and had to be pried open to reveal the inside. I noticed the tongue had been cut off over an inch behind lower teeth. Tongue incision was too far back in mouth to be caused by biting, and appeared to be a straight cut. Mouth was very hard to pry open to see tongue; I had to use a small archeology tool for prying.

3: [atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/68193bec26c9.jpg[/atsimg]
This animal also had very strange laser-like cut marks common to the other mutilations in the area, but Sanchez’s latest mutilations have taken a very dramatic turn from what he’s witnessed before. Rather than the laser-like cutting on adult animals, the attacks are now on calves. And not one, but he’s lost four within 3 weeks. All four were not just merely mutilated but basically destroyed.

His Summary:

The calf appeared to be similar to the Miller Cattle Mutilation case I investigated back in March of 2009. The main differences are the Miller calf was missing both ears, and the Sanchez calf was missing its tongue. Every other aspect of the mutilated animals appears to be the same. I will do a GPS comparison between the Miller and Sanchez cases looking for possible similarities.

It appears certain cattle mutilations have graduated from the known laser-like cut marks to complete animal obliteration. All four calves mutilated on this ranch had similar physical attributes. The center section was missing, the rib cage was cored out, and no blood was present on the ground near the animal or on its hide. The calf I investigated was missing its tongue, unfortunately I was unable to see the other three to compare. We did find the remains from the third calf, but the head was missing and I was unable to further my investigation.

Well, more Cattle killings. At least this time a coroner chimed in with a plausible reason behind the lack of left overs and signs etc.

I don't know what to think, with the limited info. The animal owner seems to be convinced it is the work of aliens but offers no proof or any other indications that made him come to that conclusion.

But, he is in the area of Cattle killings hotbed. So. Anyone from there that can elaborate. I will continue to look but since it was posted last yesterday I doubt more is around as of yet.

Personally, I beleive they happen and aliens cause them. Better cattle than humans.

(Note the photo in the article. It has a 2009 date-I assume it was a file folder pic. so I didn't put it in the thread).

[edit on 5/24/2010 by anon72]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:03 PM
link   
Mutilations are quite disturbing for many reasons.. not only that, but they make absolutely no sense in my mind.

1. If it's animal attacks, why are only certain organs missing? Do wolves fancy the sexual organs of a cow with a fine wine?

2. If its humans, who are these sick people and what are their agenda? Because mutilating a cow is not the same as posting a photoshopped image or CGI video on youtube to hoax aliens.

3. If it's aliens.. well.. yeah, no need to go there

Is there a common misconception for mutilations that I am not aware of?

[edit on 24-5-2010 by samureyed]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:26 PM
link   
I found some additonal info.

An article from Dec 09 when another incident had occurred in Colo:
Bizarre calf mutilations found on Colo. ranch
www.9news.com...

SAN LUIS (AP) - A creepy string of calf mutilations in southern Colorado has a rancher and law enforcement mystified. Four calves have been found dead in a pasture just north of the New Mexico state line in recent weeks. The dead calves had their skins peeled back and organs cleared from the rib cage. One calf had its tongue removed.

But rancher Manuel Sanchez has found no signs of human attackers, such as footprints or ATV tracks. And there are no signs of an animal attack by a coyote or mountain lion. Usually predators leave pools or blood or drag marks from carrying away the livestock. Two officers from the Costilla County Sheriff's Office have investigated the mutilations but say they don't know what's killing the calves

Another one:
UFO Chaser: Aliens Involved in Mysterious Calf Mutilations
www.foxnews.com...
(additonal info not in the others):

A spokesman for the sheriff's office told The Pueblo Chieftain that investigators doubt a person butchered the calves because there is no blood at the scene. "I've butchered a cow before and I know what kind of a mess it leaves," Sgt. James Chavez said.

Some in the area believe the mutilations are the work of aliens. An area UFO chaser, Chuck Zukowski of Colorado Springs, has been to the Costilla County pasture to investigate. He told the paper there have been other unexplained calf mutilations in the area, including three in March. One of the other calves, found dead on a ranch near Trinidad, had its ears removed, Zukowski said. "We're trying as much as we can to find a pattern," said Zukowski. Sanchez said he has sold off his 32 remaining calves out of fear more would be mutilated. He hasn't decided how he'll manage the remaining 40 animals in his herd. "It's a big loss for a small rancher," he said.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:34 PM
link   
Clearly without any blood on scene this is not the work of predators.

Usually insects & other animals won't even touch these mutilated carcasses.

He or someone investigating should get a UV wavelength scope or camera, to see if grey's residue is present, as per Derrel Sims, 'Alien Hunter' researcher's experience.

Sims suggests that the US gov [milab boys] scans for light in specific UV frequencies at these events [from satellite] & when they see it they show up in black helicopters to investigate.

Some people may be misinterpreting that it is the black helicopter guys doing the mutilation, but Sims says much of the time they are just investigating themselves.

Sims does say the government & cult groups do some mutilation, but you can tell by the methods & evidentiary circumstances.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 02:55 PM
link   
For me, cattle mutilations are the smoking gun that more is going on then meets the eye. On one-hand there are first hand accounts of strange, cylindrical objects in the fields almost marking cattle a day or two before striking. There are also various reports of the infamous black choppers in the area around or after the cattle are discovered.

People who claim that these are animal attacks, or the work of sick, satanic cults are just plain in denial that something that we don't understand is going on here. Cattle mutilations, while disturbing, have always interested me. I've read reports that the government is experimenting on radioactive fall out, to even further out theories that the HIV virus was caused by aliens, and they are trying to produce a cure from bovine medical samples. We'll never know what's causing these, but it should be noted that the cows killed seem to have been put to sleep before the surgeries take place. This is at least a sign of a little humanity.

I've also heard that all cattle chosen have shown to have early symptoms of illnesses, or weaknesses that would end up taking them in the long-run anyways. So who knows, maybe whoever is doing these was doing them a favor, instead of letting them be eaten alive by predators

[edit on 24-5-2010 by DocEmrick]

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 03:27 PM
link   
reply to post by DocEmrick

That is something I didn't think of- the health condition of the cow prior to the alleged multilations. Very interesting. I wonder if investigators note that.

I don't recall on this one. I will have to go back over his notes. From the recent pics I posted, they looked health (with out the missing parts that is).

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:41 PM
link   
why can`t someone set up a camera to look out for the culprits ? if they are so sure it`s et then i`d chip in a tenner towards a handy cam....not ! big sky tho !!!!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
So I'm kind of curious as to how a "UFO expert" has any sort of expertise with cattle carcasses? Why isn't the farmer contacting a veterinarian? At least the reporter had enough sense to.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
reply to post by traditionaldrummer

Very good question. I would have to say please go to his website-I put in the OP update. I think you answer(s) will be there.

I have to go do some grass mutilation-I will look later also. I think he is a deputy sheriff and has done them before. He's got a pretty interesting webpage-just looking at it quickly.

He is a good investigator. Read his notes too. Definitely cop trained. I think the investigators who first got this (Police/Sheriff) went to him when they ran out of ideas? Not sure. I do see he was there soon after the original report.

I can't believe the pics. I mean, right there, recent, and seemily legit.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 06:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

Very good question. I would have to say please go to his website-I put in the OP update. I think you answer(s) will be there.

Pretty good documentation of the...uh, "crime scene". I'm kind of curious as to why he keeps referring to "laser like" cuts on the carcass. How would you be able to recognize that unless you had seen cattle cut with lasers?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   

You are on it man. Good questions. I wonder if you/we should pose them to the press and/or investigator. The OP has the link to the news station that was there when the investigator was.

They said to call them, with info, but I guess it wouldn't hurt to toss a few questions their way.

I for one have never seen a laser and the damage it could do-to cattle. (and humans-if you believe)

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 07:54 PM
link   
A group of us went to Dulce NM just days after a cattle mutilation was reported in southern Colorado.
My ATS thread is located here.
www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by Violater1

Man, My wife and I want to go to Dulce NM. Wow, good job and thread.

Did you ever get to the cattle mutilation?

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:21 PM
link   
Here's a site that details the characteristics of predation on livestock. Interesting info to consider when discussing this topic:

icwdm.org...

And here are a few highlights applicable to cattle mutilation:

Predation is rarely observed; therefore, the accurate assessment of losses to specific predators often requires careful investigative work.
Determine cause of death by checking for signs on the animal and around the kill site.
Size and location of tooth marks will often indicate the species causing predation.
Extensive bleeding usually is characteristic of predation. Where external bleeding is not apparent, the hide can be removed from the carcass, particularly around the neck, throat, and head, and the area checked for tooth holes, subcutaneous hemorrhage, and tissue damage. Hemorrhage occurs only if skin and tissue damage occurs while the animal is alive. Animals that die from causes other than predation normally do not show external or subcutaneous bleeding, although bloody fluids may be lost from body openings. Animal losses are easiest to evaluate if examination is conducted when the carcass is still fresh. Animals may not always be killed by a throat attack, but may be pulled down from the side or rear. Blood is often on the sides, hind legs, and tail areas. Calves can have their tails chewed off and the nose may have tooth marks or be completely chewed by the predator when the tongue is eaten.

Bears--Black & Grizzly
Prey on livestock. Black bears usually kill by biting the neck or by slapping the victim. Torn, mauled, and mutilated carcasses are characteristic of bear attacks. Often, the bear will eat the udders of female prey, possibly to obtain milk. The victim usually is opened ventrally and the heart and liver are consumed. The intestines are often spread out around the kill site, and the animal may be partially skinned while the carcass is fed upon. Smaller livestock such as sheep and goats may be consumed almost entirely, and only the rumen, skin, and large bones left.
Feces are generally found within the kill area, and a bedding site is often found nearby. Bears use their feet while feeding so they do not slide the prey around as do coyotes.
If the kill is made in the open, it may be moved to a more secluded spot. The grizzly has a feeding and killing pattern similar to that of the black bear. Murie (1948) found that most cattle are killed by a bite through the back of the neck. Large prey often have claw marks on the flanks or hams. The prey’s back is sometimes broken in front of the hips where the bear simply crushed it down. Young calves are occasionally bitten through the forehead.

Mountain Lions
Prey on deer, elk, and domestic stock, particularly horses, sheep, goats, cattle, rodents and other small mammals, when available.
Can kill large numbers of animals in one night, eg. a lone lion attacked a herd of ewes and killed 192 in one night. However, 5 to 10 sheep killed in a single night is more typical.
Mountain lions, having relatively short, powerful jaws, kill with bites inflicted from above, often severing the vertebral column and breaking the neck. They also kill by biting through the skull.
Lions usually feed first on the front quarters and neck region of their prey. The stomach is generally untouched. The large leg bones may be crushed and the ribs broken. Many times, after a lion has made a kill, the prey is dragged or carried into bushy areas and covered with litter. A lion might return to feed on a kill for three or four nights. They normally uncover the kill at each feeding and move it from 11 to 27 yards (10 to 25 m) to recover it. After the last feeding the remains may be left uncovered, and a search of the area might reveal previous burial sites.
Adult lion tracks are approximately 4 inches (10 cm) in length and 4 1/4 inche (11 cm) in width; they have four well-defined impressions of the toes at the front, roughly in a semicircle. Lions have retractable claws; therefore, no claw prints will be evident. The untrained observer sometimes confuses large dog tracks with those of the lion; however, dog tracks normally show distinctive claw marks, are less round than lion tracks, and have distinctly different rear pad marks.

Coyotes, Wolves, and Dogs
Prey on big game, livestock, rodents, wild birds, and poultry. Coyotes are the most common and most serious predator of livestock in the United States.
Coyotes normally kill livestock with a bite in the throat, but they infrequently pull the animal down by attacking the side, hindquarters, and udder. The rumen and intestines may be removed and dragged away from the carcass. On small lambs, the upper canine teeth may penetrate the top of the neck or the skull. Calf predation by coyotes is most common when calves are young. Calves that are attacked, but not killed, exhibit wounds in the flank, hindquarters, or front shoulders; often their tails are chewed off near the top. Deer carcasses are frequently completely dismembered and eaten.
Drip irrigation system users report that coyotes chew holes in plastic pipe and disrupt irrigation. Coyotes damage watermelons by biting holes through the melons and eating the centers out; raccoons, on the other hand, make small holes in the melons and scoop the pulp out with their front paws. Coyotes will also damage other fruit crops.
Wolves prey on larger ungulates such as caribou, moose, elk, and cattle. Wolves usually bring down these animals by cutting or damaging the muscles and ligaments in the back legs or by seizing the victim in the flanks. Slash marks made by the canine teeth may be found on the rear legs and flanks. The downed animals usually are disemboweled.
Domestic dogs can be a serious problem to livestock, especially to sheep pastured near cities and suburbs. Dogs often attack the hindquarters, flanks, and head of livestock. They rarely kill as effectively as coyotes. Normally, little flesh is consumed. Dogs are likely to wound the animal in the neck and front shoulders; the ears often are badly torn. Attacking dogs often severely mutilate the victim. Coyote and dog tracks are similar but distinguishable. Dog tracks are round with the toes spread apart. Toenail marks are usually visible on all toes (Dorsett 1987). Coyote tracks are more rectangular and the toes are closer together. If any toenail marks show, they are usually of the middle toes.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 09:33 PM
link   
I am of the opinion, cow mutilations are done by Humans posing (or at least, giving the impression) as Visitors.
Why? Don't have a conclusive theory.

Perhaps they're in cahoots with the real Visitors and are helping in the manipulation and breeding of a hybrid race.
I understand, cows DNA is very VERY close to humans so maybe that's the common denominator? I don't know but it's far more easier to think it's Humans doing this than, aliens for some reason. I trust 'them' more than I do my own people! Interesting!

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 10:27 PM
link   
Listen to the vet, he knows what he's talking about.

posted on May, 24 2010 @ 11:35 PM
link   
I was raised on a cattle farm in rural Georgia.
While I have never seen or experienced a "Cattle Mutilation" or anything that could be considered like a CM, I have experienced cattle predation by everything from Coyotes to the occasional wildcat.

There is always evidence of animal predation.
Animals do not leave a cleaned "crime scene".

Again, Ive never seen a CM first hand, but I cannot believe that a farmer, or local farm vet would miss evidence of animal predation.
Ive always leaned to the "human" suspect in these events.
If these were done by aliens.. what do ya think they will do to us when the cow testing is done?

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 12:59 AM
link   

Originally posted by Bad Ninja

If these were done by aliens.. what do ya think they will do to us when the cow testing is done?

Seems human mutilations have already occurred, many more than reported also. I was just listening to an archived Paracast episode where Don Ecker goes into this subject for a bit. Pretty interesting what happens to him when he tries to pursue the matter...its probably at about the 40 minute mark or so...

www.theparacast.com...

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 03:18 AM
link   
THe one problem I have with it being done by humans.

How can the CMs be done around the world. There ain't that many portatble lasers being hauled around .

If I can get the info, wait till you see how many occurred in Russia.

And, I don't doubt the animals eating them and clearning up nicely Except when they are don't with a few hours of last being seen.

posted on May, 25 2010 @ 07:27 AM
link   
Great pictures, albeit disgusting, they confirm the story you originally shared with us. As far as humans using portable surgical lasers for the mutilations, it's certainly possible. A quick google search reveals a slew of websites selling them.

All we need to do is cross check the database of who bought surgical lasers lately throughout the world, with locations nearest to the mutilations.... uhm... perhaps i've been watching a bit too much Fringe.

<<   2 >>

join