It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Substantial UFO Sighting NOW Arkansas/Missouri

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:37 PM
link   
Anyone up and looking at the boards in the Northwest Arkansas area?

Look outside to the East Northeast...
Bright object strobing colors.
Thought it was a planet but it is definately moving, albeit very slowly. It is also waxing/waning in intensity. About 35degrees off horizon I'd say.
Been watching it for half an hour.

No pics.

ETA: Observed object for approx 30 minutes while sitting on front patio having a cigarette. Object appeared to meander north/south very slowly for at least one minute before I rushed in here to alert members. Went from very bright strobing white, red and blue to a single point of light not unlike a star and back again to bright strobing pattern. Don't have my cameras with me. Cannot record it. Hopefully someone else will see it.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by JayinAR]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:43 PM
link   
Wish I was there so I could see it, keep us posted if it does anything else out of the ordinary.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Rynocerous7

Going back outside to watch it.
Will report back.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:52 PM
link   
what is the approx. altitude of this object??

I am in Tennessee, will see if I spot anything similar in that direction

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 09:55 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

About 30-35 degrees off Eastern horizon. Can't possibly guage a distance. It is way up.
Thought it was a planet at first.
May be a planet, but I've never seen a celestial object act like that.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:05 PM
link   
Could it be either of these?

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/6aa85980865c.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:11 PM
link   
what's your zip code?

US and Canadian readers, enter your zip code below, hit Go!, and you will find out what is going to fly over your area in the nights ahead. There are hundreds of satellites in Earth orbit; we cut through the confusion by narrowing the list to a half-dozen or so of the most interesting. At the moment we are monitoring a number of spy satellites, space shuttle Atlantis, the International Space Station, and the Hubble Space

spaceweather.com...

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:12 PM
link   
reply to post by UberL33t

Maybe in the region of Vega I suppose. But boy oh boy did it appear to move. I held it in reference to two stationary objects for about one minute and watched it move north south. At one point the strobing light was somewhat intense.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:18 PM
link   
Hmm this youtube code looks wierd for me so can someone embed but this was reported over one of the Iceland volcanos tonight...

www.youtube.com...

I think I might be able to find a chart to a star chart for that angle as well.

[edit on 23-5-2010 by kyle43]

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:20 PM
link   
I see a srobing star, or probable star that hasn't moved if it is something else. Strobing as in the way stars flicker - Knoxville TN

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by esteay812

May have been my eyes playing tricks on me but I watched that thing move... then decrease drastically in luminosity.
Then increase again. No change since then though. Sorry for wasting peeps time.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:21 PM
link   
reply to post by JayinAR

Doesn't sound like a satellite to me, was it's speed consistent? Did it make any sudden moves?

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Rynocerous7

Nah, not a satellite.
Probably Vega.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:29 PM
link   
Okay, that was most definately my eyes playing tricks on me. Sorry guys. Boy who cried wolf.

Now that the star is higher in the sky its shine has decreased quite a bit. Must have been an atmospheric trick.

Vega it is.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
I'm gonna bookmark that website though for future reference. I used to have stellarium(?) on my computer. But I no longer live where I lived just a few months back. New stuff all together. None of my websites.

posted on May, 23 2010 @ 11:11 PM
link   
Hey, you wouldn't be the first person to second guess themselves when unexpectedly observing a planet, trust me. I've had a few experiences where my mind and/or eyes/light pollution/atmospheric conditions (etc) have caused me to take a second and third look at such things.

But, your looking up and that what counts. Not too many people get a chance to see a UFO when they are staring at their shoes
So, rest assured, if this was something significant it would not have escaped your attention this night!

[edit on 23-5-2010 by IgnoreTheFacts]

new topics

top topics

join