It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

US Begins Massive Military Build Up Around Iran

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   

US Begins Massive Military Build Up Around Iran

www.prisonplanet.co m

As if uncontrollable economic contagion was not enough for the administration, Obama is now willing to add geopolitical risk to the current extremely precarious economic and financial situation.

With just one aircraft carrier in proximity to Iran, the Nobel peace prize winner has decided to send a clear message that peace will no longer be tolerated, and has decided to increase the US aircraft carrier presence in the region by a 400-500% CAGR.
(visit the link for the full news article)

Related News Links:
www.debka.com

Related AboveTopSecret.com Discussion Threads:
Hezbollah Reportedly Mobilizing In Lebanon Ahead Of Large IDF Drill

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:29 AM
link   
I read this first also in Debka, and then I read another article about building up bases around Iran ---

Pentagon plan to beef up Afghan base near Iran may rile regime

May 21 (Bloomberg) -- A U.S. plan to upgrade its airbase in southwestern Afghanistan just 20 miles from Iran’s border will likely rile the Islamic regime, bolstering suspicions the West is trying to pressure it with military might, analysts say.

The Defense Department is requesting $131 million in its fiscal year 2011 budget to upgrade Shindand Air Base so it can accommodate more commando helicopters, drone surveillance aircraft, fuel and munitions.

www.iranfocus.com...:pentagon-plan-to-beef-up-afghan-base-near-iran-may-rile-regime&catid=4: iran-general&Itemid=11

Today we heard also news that Hezbollah and Syria is mobilizing its forces and week of largest drills ever are taking place in Israel... Summer wars - imminent I quess!

There is a reason for stock markets hitting grounds and value of money is breaking - I see its two front war what we are going to get - Korea will break out and that will storm Asian and global markets, and soon Hormuz is closed, and that will hit European markets.

Gentlemans, get ready for wars as promised past months!

www.prisonplanet.co m
(visit the link for the full news article)

[edit on 21-5-2010 by JanusFIN]

+15 more 
posted on May, 21 2010 @ 07:52 AM
link   
why the hell can,t the usa stop interfering in other countries .
those blood thirsty idiots will not be happy until this planet is on fire.
USA YOU ARE THE BIGGEST DANGER TO THIS PLANET IN THE WHOLE OF EARTHS HISTORY .

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:00 AM
link   
reply to post by tom.farnhill

Debtors are ruling EU/USA (western) countries, not people or placed banksters puppets. Its far too easy to blame USA or its people about these wars - only thing we can ask is why they not revolt against those placed puppets, but power is on corporations, media, and in banksters hands...

But with brainwashing, aspartame, chemtrails, GM food... What can we expect?

USA is most to suffer in these wars and I am just sorry for them.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:02 AM
link   
reply to post by JanusFIN

omg the end is nigh

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:04 AM
link   
Get ready for a false flag attack.

Is all this really necessary?... Didn't Barry win the Nobel Peace Prize. What happen to Hope and Change?...

The Bankster Reform bill passed. Now the Fed has no restrictions on what it can put on the balance sheets ie unlimited debt to central banks to fund wars (mass global population reduction)

Germany has sent a battleship in with our carrier group, so they will be dragged into this when Iran blows up our carrier group after we or Israel attacks.

And who says Pakistan is going to stay out of this. Or more importantly China or Russia.

And that's just one side of Asia. We still have over 25k troops in South Korea.

Oil spill, Euro crashing, World War, what's next friggin bird flu?.. Gabriel blowing his Horn?...

[edit on 21-5-2010 by wylee]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:15 AM
link   
If this turns out to be true.....putting it into contrast with other threads, we have National Guard mobilization., along with the upcoming WMD Drill, Media hyping terrorists coming through Mexico.

Could be the perfect storm...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:16 AM
link   
Additional tit bit.

As of today (reported on Skynews) following a restructure UK troops in Afghanistan are under US comand.

news.bbc.co.uk...

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:19 AM
link   

This is, if true, a total front by Mr. President, and I only see Israel being further isolated from any real peace. This is a move to fake the people of Americe who support Israel. Who is to say that once all US forces are gathered toward Iran they couldn't take an about face against Israel? Humm, I wonder, this is just an opinion...dont't quote me.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by tom.farnhill
why the hell can,t the usa stop interfering in other countries .
those blood thirsty idiots will not be happy until this planet is on fire.
USA YOU ARE THE BIGGEST DANGER TO THIS PLANET IN THE WHOLE OF EARTHS HISTORY .

Not once the people take American back and for what we originally stood for! You live in a bubble!

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:34 AM
link   
Like we need another war. We don't need the ones we've got. I wonder what the US promised Russia and China in return for their support of sanctions. This looks to be an interesting summer with this and Hezbollah mustering at their border for IDF's so called training exercise.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:37 AM
link   
More totally awesome news.

Report: U.S. positioning 'bunker-busters' for possible Iran strike
Sunday Herald: 387 'Blu' bombs are being shipped to U.S. military base on Diego Garcia in Indian Ocean

www.haaretz.com...

"They are gearing up totally for the destruction of Iran," Dan Plesch, director of the Center for International Studies and Diplomacy at the University of London, told the Herald. "U.S. bombers are ready today to destroy 10,000 targets in Iran in a few hours."

So... anybody got any thoughts on how far this will go?

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wylee

I agree... they'll act real surprised when Iran retaliates. Like you aren't going to take the first shot when someone is pointing a cruise missile at you.

Another excuse for another hopeless war. All so the global hegemony can continue.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:18 AM
link   
The question if there's a correlation between economic depressions and (world) wars has been burning in my mind now and I agree with Marc Faber and Gerald Calente that a war with Iran would be a great distraction:

As the economic crisis escalates and the debt-based central banking system shows it can no longer re-inflate the bubble by creating assets out of thin air, an economic and political rationale for war is easy to come by; for if the Keynesian doctrine that government spending is the only way to lift us out of an economic depression is true, then surely military expenditures are the quickest way to inject "life" into a failing system. This doesn’t work, economically, since the crisis is only maksed by the wartime atmosphere of emergency and "temporary" privation. Politically, however, it is a lifesaver for our ruling elite, which is at pains to deflect blame away from itself and on to some "foreign" target.

It’s the oldest trick in the book, and it’s being played out right before our eyes, as the U.S. prepares to send even more troops to the Afghan front and is threatening Iran with draconian economic sanctions, a step or two away from outright war.

An impossible science-fictional scenario? Or a reasonable projection of present trends? Celente, whose record of predictions is impressive, to say the least, sees war with Iran as the equivalent of World War III, with economic, social, and political consequences that will send what is left of our empire into a tailspin. This is the popping of the "hyperpower" bubble, the conceit that we – the last superpower left standing – will somehow defy history and common sense and avoid the fate of all empires: decline and fall.

source

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:20 AM
link   
reply to post by dontblink

So the strategy here is that the US is going to keep Iran busy with there presence and there excuse on Nuclear weapon development, while the real middle east danger is Israel with there Nuclear weapon, who will have and easier time to face Syria and Hezbollah while the US watches there back from Iran

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   

Thanks to the sell out of Americas wealth builders we are now relegated to nothing more than a Military force for hired run by private interest around the world.

People still doesn't get it . . .

[edit on 21-5-2010 by marg6043]

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:21 AM
link   
This isn't news

Military from various countries have been living on the Iran border for sometimes now .

NEWS FLASH ..Not everyone in the Military has the good life of living on a FOB ..Just saying

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by Mdv2

Not just a great distraction, but gives the advatage to cripple certain competing economies, and increase power over others. (like a hostile take over)

Consider the timing of the South Korean reporting coming out at the same time that the Eurozone/Wall Street/London is in a downward trend.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:25 AM
link   
First I thought it was BS because of it being from Debka...

But then I looked at where the strike groups were...and what they were doing...

One carrier group gone...
The aircraft carrier Harry S. Truman and thousands of Norfolk-based sailors will deploy on Friday for the Middle East.

And three others almost ready to go.
USS Enterprise (CVN 65) successfully completed flight deck certification May 14 pushing itself one step closer to its 21st deployment.

George Washington Carrier Strike Group Departs for Carrier Qualifications

The George Washington Carrier Strike Group centered on the Navy's only permanently forward-deployed aircraft carrier, USS George Washington (CVN 73), departed Fleet Activities Yokosuka, Japan May 18 to conduct carrier qualifications in preparation for its upcoming annual deployment cycle.

Upon successful completion of sea trials, Ronald Reagan's PIA will officially conclude and the ship will rejoin the operational fleet.

If you want (almost) daily updates on the situation, read my thread.

posted on May, 21 2010 @ 09:33 AM
link   
Sending more carriers into the region look's like Obama is just flexing one or two more times before its too late for flexing. Looks like we are definitely gearing up for a new campaign in the middle east for sure. My local Marine reserve unit got deployed 4 months early last week with only a few weeks notice.

The sequel to Shock and Awe will be released soon. While it is sad in a way because here comes yet another completely useless war, unfortunately it is inevitable. When you have religious zealots and extremists running a country there really is no way to take care of problems diplomatically.

The Russians who are building Iran's first nuclear power plant in Bushehr seem to think it will be completed in August of this year; which means they can begin to enrich uranium and plutonium themselves. The fireworks will probably start this summer.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join