It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Girl Outs Mother's Citizenship Status During First Lady's School Visit

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:03 PM
link   

A second-grader may have unwittingly blown the whistle on her mother's citizenship status during Michelle Obama's visit to a Silver Spring, Md., school -- and right in front of Mexico's first lady.

Margarita Zavala joined Mrs. Obama for a visit to New Hampshire Estates Elementary School Wednesday.

During a question-and-answer session, one girl took her immigration concerns to the top, telling Mrs. Obama that her mom says that "Barack Obama is taking everybody away that doesn't have papers."

The first lady replied that they have to make sure people living in the United States have the proper citizenship papers.

"That's exactly right," Mrs. Obama added.

"But my mom doesn't have papers," the worried girl said.

"Well, we have to work on that," Obama said.
"We have to fix that and everybody's got to work together in Congress to make sure that happens."

Source

Wow. In discussion in a thread about illegal immigration, I mentioned something about kids turning their parents in for a chance to stay or come back. This one didn't seem intentioned but at least its a start.

Anyone think ICE will be raiding this kids home later?

Not a chance.

I noticed it was in New Hampshire. I wonder what the country of origin was for the parents.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Wolf321]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Well at least Mrs. Obama was transparent, unlike her husband. Of course, the Dems want this country flooded with illegals because they will be the only people left that will vote for them after what they are doing to this country.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
Her mom will probably now be instantly given papers so she can have immunity or her case will be sent to Judge that protected Obama's Aunt from deportation.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by CheeseyMonkey
reply to post by Wolf321

Of course, the Dems want this country flooded with illegals because they will be the only people left that will vote for them after what they are doing to this country.

I didn`t realise that illegal aliens could vote .

Hyperbole ?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:48 PM
link   
reply to post by UmbraSumus

I didnt think illegal immigrants were allowed to stay in the country illegally, but here we have the wife of the President saying they will fix her moms illegal status. That almost seems like it should be a crime.

Hyperbole?

Obviously they have no regard for the laws of this land so who is to say they wont vote illegally as well.

[edit on 19-5-2010 by CheeseyMonkey]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:56 PM
link   
reply to post by CheeseyMonkey

Does your aversion to all things illegal , extend into other facets of American life ? Would you have harsh / harsher penalties meted out to other law-breakers ?

Just curious .

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:57 PM
link   
Is there a video of this? I'd like to review the context to make sure the 'sympathetic' child was not a plant (remember, Obama did this before by planting children in his audience to invoke sympathy for his causes).

So I'd like to see footage if anyone has it and see how spontaneous it was.

Also, look at this from the article:

"Well, we have to work on that," Obama said. "We have to fix that and everybody's got to work together in Congress to make sure that happens."

In other words, 'There, there little girl. Don't cry. We'll be working on amnesty for you and get you those papers.'

Using children to get sympathy.

Not saying the child was a plant as in she didn't attend the school but that she was goaded into bringing it up. As in, why on earth was such a polarizing issue being discussed with little second graders. It sounds like foreplanning. And if not, this still sounds like a 'think of the children' heart strings pull.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 05:59 PM
link   

It depends on the crime and the cost of it to American society. Obviously, illegal immigration is part of what is bankrupting this nation.

Do you usually advocate that criminals not only get off scott free, but also get some government benefits along the way?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:18 PM
link   
I used to volunteer at the Latin American Association in Atlanta, GA when I lived there. I did it for serveral years and one of the programs involved helping people to "become" legal.
I ship you not. We worked with parents who were illegal, but who's kids were legal because they were born in the states. We worked with indviduals who were legal , but had an illegal spouse. We worked with entire families who were illegal. The whole thing involved "making" people legal. So basicallly that means the Association was involved with working with illegals, but nobody ever came to raid the place , fortunately. Anyway my point is that in order for that to happen in the first place there has to be a HUGE mindset from the PTB and it has to permeate across the board of what "they" want to happen. I mean think about that, family after family showing up to get "help" becoming legal. Why is that happening if it's not being encouraged? Or if not outright endorsed from somewhere way up high?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by CheeseyMonkey

Do you usually advocate that criminals not only get off scott free, but also get some government benefits along the way?

Just that people get treated with some modicum of humanity .

------------------------------------------------------------------------------

"Well, we have to work on that," Obama said.

"We have to fix that and everybody's got to work together in Congress to make sure that happens.

link

In fairness she was responding to a 7 or 8 year old little girls anxiety that someone was going to take her mom away .

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 06:28 PM
link   

Well then I am ok if she just said it as to avoid scaring the girl, as long as when she left she immediately called the INS to have her mother deported.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 08:17 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

I just found the video of it here.

There was a small group selected to sit around with the first lady and talk. I think the kid looked genuine in her response though.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:28 PM
link   
The media is running with it, so to me this is straight up propaganda. Who can say for sure, but you cant deny this looks like a coordinated effort.

Nets All Showcase Fearful 2nd Grader's Question to FLOTUS on Lacking 'Papers,' ABC Heralds It As 'Poignant'

ABC, CBS and NBC all showcased a second grader's question to First Lady Michelle Obama, about her apparently illegal mother. The girl pleaded: “Barack Obama is taking everybody away that doesn't have papers,” but “my mom doesn't have papers.”

ABC suggested it demonstrates the need for immigration “reform” as anchor Diane Sawyer proposed “a child's fear brings a new focus to the debate” since “the First Lady had to respond to a child's poignant question” which, reporter Jake Tapper relayed, “immigration reform advocates called...the most meaningful exchange of the day.”

With “THE QUESTION” on screen (jpg), NBC anchor Brian Williams teased: “The question that a little girl asked Michelle Obama that put her smack in the middle of a big debate.” On the CBS Evening News, Katie Couric cued up the video showing “a second-grader had a tough question for Mrs. Obama on immigration.”

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:31 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

Wow. In discussion in a thread about illegal immigration, I mentioned something about kids turning their parents in for a chance to stay or come back. This one didn't seem intentioned but at least its a start.

Wow!

Looks like your original "The Killing Fields" communist Cambodia idea is catching on, you must be so proud of yourself.

To Bad that despite all participation from the little illegal kids, the only solution your government will give is.....

Total Blanket amnisty!!!!

Bwa, ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha,ha......Bwa, ha, ha, ha, ha

Ah but look at the bright side Wolf321 once total amnesty is given to every single Mexican that makes you sick and has turned you into the racist that you are (according to you), there be no more illegals in the USA for you to worry about.

Well at least not for a few month or what ever time it take for another 12 million Mexicans to go to America illegally.

.......Bwa, ha,hahahahahaha

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

Sure looks planned, poor acting at best.

We've got to work on that?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:52 PM
link   
reply to post by Wolf321

I noticed it was in New Hampshire. I wonder what the country of origin was for the parents.

Actually, if your read the article carefully, you will find that the school is in Maryland, NOT New Hampshire.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:13 PM
link   
reply to post by Izarith

Well well, if it isn't the raging little mexican comrade himself.

I know the thought of an all Mexican United States gets you excited, but I think you are being a bit short sighted with our anticipation.

I don't think you would want to see what would happen if your amnesty were to go through.

I guarantee you would see realized the race wars so many are afraid the elite are setting up. You would see it occur both within the USA as well as spilling across the border. The societal leaches would slug back across the border because they will find that being a legal American at that point would be more hazardous and restrictive then being dirt farmers in whatever hell hole they came from. Then they will be illegal in their own countries, and you can see first hand what a drain on the nation it will be., but at least they will speak the language so that will only be a taste of it. This all in addition to the international tensions that will be created.

So maybe you will get your wish, and along with it you will get murder, economic turmoil and racial hatred unlike any you have raged against.

And while I sit there angered at what has become of the USA, I will try to pause a moment and take joy in knowing its all coming back on you and Mexico. Things are going to really suck there, and that's saying something when your talking about Mexico.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:21 PM
link   

Ah but look at the bright side Wolf321 once total amnesty is given to every single Mexican that makes you sick and has turned you into the racist that you are (according to you), there be no more illegals in the USA for you to worry about.

Well at least not for a few month or what ever time it take for another 12 million Mexicans to go to America illegally.

.......Bwa, ha,hahahahahaha

No, I'll still worry about all of the new welfare applications and how that bill is going to get paid. If they actually made a good monetary contribution to the country, I might be swayed. Until that day comes (yeah, like it ever will), they can stay illegal and face deportation.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 11:26 PM
link   
reply to post by ProfEmeritus

Thanks for that correction. I did make that oversight.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I know how to fix her mom's 'illegal' status, send her back to Mexico.

one line tax.

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join