It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Need info on the Star and Flag system

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:54 AM
link   
I did a search but couldnt find exactly what i was looking for. What is the star and flag system? Whats its purpose?

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 01:57 AM
link   
Check this thread it explains it all

New colored tags to replace the mystery colored bar...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:08 AM
link   
A 'flag' is something the author of a thread can receive. Its main purpose is to say 'I feel this is an important topic.' Recent threads with a high flag count are also featured on the home page. It's basically a way to help bring attention to important topics.

A 'star' is something the author of a thread or post can receive. Its main purpose is to say 'Good post.' Other uses for the star system include being able to say 'I agree' or 'Good point' without having to leave a one line post.

Accumulating stars and flags then go towards various membership levels but that was not their primary purpose of creation.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:53 PM
link   
Ah, thanks for the info. Did think of something like this, but the difference between star and flag hasn't been pointed out to me before.

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 03:57 PM
link   
reply to post by AshleyD

It's also good to flag or star posts/threads by newer members....even if they aren't amazing. Acknowledging a sincere effort is a positive thing and encourages people to try again.

ATS has some very intimidating members for people new to the place or forums in general. We've all been there...several times in my case

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:15 AM
link   
Thanks for the info everyone stars all around for you guys!

Edit to add: how do i go about giving stars lol?

[edit on 20-5-2010 by FlightOfTheNavigator]

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by FlightOfTheNavigator

Hiya. You can't star posts in this section. Next time you're posting on a normal thread...look at the top left of the member's post you like. There are blank stars there (sometimes next to one or more blue stars)...click on the blank star and you turn it blue...starred!

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 12:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Kandinsky
reply to post by FlightOfTheNavigator

Hiya. You can't star posts in this section. Next time you're posting on a normal thread...look at the top left of the member's post you like. There are blank stars there (sometimes next to one or more blue stars)...click on the blank star and you turn it blue...starred!

Thank you for the info again!

top topics

join