It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Uh-Oh! Katla Volcano Just Rumbled

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   

Uh-Oh! Katla Volcano Just Rumbled

beforeitsnews.com

On May 17, 2010 08:32 UTC, The Icelandic Met office earthquake map indicates that a small earthquake has occurred at the Katla location. In what could be an early indication of the event that is expected to occur (an eruption of Katla), a small earthquake is reported at the site. Although a single earthquake is not a precursor of an eminent eruption, it could be the first sigh of the awakening powerful giant.
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:32 PM
link   
Ten times worse than Eyjafjallajokull??? This could get real bad real quick...

Eyjafjallajokull's eruption on April 14th already caused ash to inundate the skies, shutting down the travel industry, though the outpouring of smoke was off and on. That was a month ago and we're still seeing problems. If it's true that Katla has capabilities of disrupting global weather patterns, further than the Gulf of Mexico spill is expected to, then all I can say is Lord help us.

beforeitsnews.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
I think this maybe another one of those deja vu threads, weve seen this before.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Nice.
I for one am excited about all the geological activity.

Second line.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:41 PM
link   
There must be something wrong... With me, every time I see this name: Eyjafjallajokull I laugh, try to pronounce it and give up.

Katla is a much better name, I could get interested in this one, maybe even take it seriously.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Fractured.Facade

Katla would be so much more Media-Sexy name too - Think about the panic with that name could be made?

Another thing is this thread. Again Katla "maybe" errupting... Yeah, maybe what ever is possible.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:51 PM
link   
The frequency at which these earth changing events are happening is staggering. It seems there is a historical event taking place at least once a week.

Fear mongering aside, this doesn't look good and it doesn't look like anything is getting better.

Things are changing in this world.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by aeabdo11Things are changing in this world.

This volcano erupts normally every 40-80 years, with the last major eruption occurring in 1918. Fear not, it isn't as much of a frequency issue as much as it is that Katla is late. Plus, this is only an earthquake, could be a trigger, could be just a small earthquake.

Though I agree, things are changing rapidly in the world... or perhaps, it's just that we have instant news now and are allowed to take notice.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by niteboy82

Originally posted by aeabdo11Things are changing in this world.

This volcano erupts normally every 40-80 years, with the last major eruption occurring in 1918. Fear not, it isn't as much of a frequency issue as much as it is that Katla is late. Plus, this is only an earthquake, could be a trigger, could be just a small earthquake.

Though I agree, things are changing rapidly in the world... or perhaps, it's just that we have instant news now and are allowed to take notice.

It is not only this volcanic activity that is unsettling, but a myraid of recent events that are reshaping for our world. (Unsettling international tensions, Gulf oil disaster, economic instability, the list goes on...)

The volcanic activity only adds another hurdle, another problem onto a list of problems that only seems to grow every day.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:08 PM
link   
reply to post by aeabdo11

God your so right, i know historical events and disasters have always happened but its seems like something new is happening every few days, Or is it just the way us ATSs percieve the world. I dont think so, things are snowballing.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:24 PM
link   
It actually really is getting worse. I believe its more than us just being able to notice things more.
When's the last time millions of gallons of oil spilled into the ocean from underground? When's the last time it happened while volcanoes were erupting simultaneously? When's the last time said catastrophes occurred along with multiple 7.0+ earthquakes, which happened to fall upon heavily populated areas?

See my point? Its not not that these things haven't happened before, its that they're all happening at the same time!

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by easy530
It actually really is getting worse. I believe its more than us just being able to notice things more.
When's the last time millions of gallons of oil spilled into the ocean from underground? When's the last time it happened while volcanoes were erupting simultaneously? When's the last time said catastrophes occurred along with multiple 7.0+ earthquakes, which happened to fall upon heavily populated areas?

See my point? Its not not that these things haven't happened before, its that they're all happening at the same time!

Don't forget, perhaps most importantly, the financial instability of the western world powers. The cost of such monstrous natural disasters will only make things worse.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 07:33 PM
link   
Man and europe just opened up there airports and stated they will go through the ash clouds. LOL Now talk about bad timing for people in those planes.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:19 PM
link   
Apprently Europe's airspace can be affected for decades by the volcanoes. I'll find the link.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:30 PM
link   
DClairvoyant has predicted this very erruption, he's had quite a few visions recently, including cold weather and freak storms like the hail storms that just happened and winter like conditions, but a very hot summer.

Things are going to get bad if this goes.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:33 PM
link   
there are no reports of any rumbles what so ever on the usg's
take a look for yourself
hisz.rsoe.hu...

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:39 PM
link   
Eyeballjelloskull is how i pronounce it. I would pack up my family and move far away from that region

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 09:58 AM
link   
Dudes, please, even IF this thing erupts, and we can kiss our summer and our crops and our way of live goodbye, what matters is that we ll live, and adapt to the situation.

Who cares if your or mine or others lives change? Well make it anyway. Bruised and cold and torn, and with no summr vacation but we ll survive.

We arepartof nature,we dont live outside it, so we must be able to face a situation like this

[edit on 19-5-2010 by Dynamitrios]

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   
no katla is okay for now.......
worry about this one!!!!!

quote from gassinc at eja forum...

The earthquakes at Bárðarbunga volcano are showing no signs of stopping. This trend which started in the early 90's has been escalenting every year with two magnitude 4 earthquakes already in its caldera this year. More earthquakes have been hitting the volcano today.

Asked about the situation at Bárðarbunga yesterday a Icelandic geologist said: "It will be no laughing matter if Bárðarbunga erupts. It could have devistating consequenses on Iceland and the whole northern hemisphere for a period of time."

Bárðarbunga is capable of a VEI-6 eruption. Its caldera is 12 km in diometers and 700 m deep.

Its last major eruption was about 8000 years ago but geologists say that the time between major eruptions at Bárðarbunga is 5000-8000 years. So its due.

Quakes at Bárðarbunga today:
en.vedur.is...

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 10:23 AM
link   

Originally posted by jumpingbeanz
there are no reports of any rumbles what so ever on the usg's
take a look for yourself
hisz.rsoe.hu...

USGS isn't going to change it until the volcano busts it's top. Notice that map say "Actual Events", it has to be happening right now to be on the map. This thing hasn't happened yet. Not sure if it will ATM. Lots of people are freaking out over it.
news.yahoo.com...

[edit on 19-5-2010 by antonia]

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join