It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Triangular UFO over Manchester

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:24 AM
link   
Here's another video of a triangle UFO over Manchester UK from May 7th 2010. This one is at night. Not sure of the relevance ... but wanted to throw it out there

www.realufos.net...

Edit.. oops this is from April 7th. /facepalm

[edit on 18-5-2010 by samureyed]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:32 AM
link   
I've heard many stories of UFO sightings where there has been loads of traffic, potential witnesses, etc, but the folk having the sighting appear to be the only ones that see the object. A lot of folk just don't look up too.

When I had my own sighting from my own back garden, the school behind my house has just come out, there was the usual traffic, buses etc on the road. However, when I ran through the house and out the front door into the street to follow the object, the whole place was eerily quiet, no cars, no people. The object drifted upwards, then gradually the place got busy again.

UFOs are weird. They do hang over busy roads in broad daylight.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:35 AM
link   
reply to post by samureyed

Have to call lanterns on those as they blink out one at a time.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 08:39 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

True, many people do not look up but as was demonstrated on the video in question, the filming was being carried out on the elevated ring road which travels around the south of Manchester city center and called the Mancunian Way, meaning that the 'object' would be be directly in the line of sight for the masses that travel the clockwise route and into South and East Manchester. Also, there is Manchester United's, Old Trafford where many snap-happy tourist flock to and which is located right next to the supposed site. There are the high rise flats in Salford looking directly at it, the office towers in Salford Quays. Sorry, I just don't buy it and merely see this as people seeing what they want to see.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:13 AM
link   
While the 1st two video's are cracking and very well done in the masking stakes they simply can't be real for the exact reasons said..

Something that size over Manchester would have had 100's if not more reports.

Nice work but no cigar..

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 09:39 AM
link   
not read all the thread but that would put it over just to left very near manchester royal hospital and the university,s ,all that are is high tec buildings research

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 01:03 PM
link   
If anyone can find out who took the footage and they are willing to meet, I'll go and meet them..

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:30 PM
link   
If you follow the line of the object in the original video, it seems to be over Ordsall, maybe Ordsall Park itself ? Any further and you'd be looking towards Salford Keys.

Here's a link to google maps showing the reflective building at the start of the video. Travel to the left following the Mancunian Way and you'll pass the building under construction, the signs and bridge, and finally the church and block of flats:

Glass building with reflection

This also helps with getting an idea of the scale this thing is supposed to be.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by wigit

Yeah, but just recall what happened with that "Balloon Boy" flying saucer that happened in Colorado last year. Big, floating UFO. And it wasn't up for only a minute or so before it had every news camera and helicopter in the area tracking it. That's what happens when a real flying saucer appears over a relatively heavily populated area. It usually isn't seen by only one person.

BALLOON BOY HOAX FLYING SAUCER

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Blue Shift]

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:51 PM
link   
It does seem weird that the poster from the second video found the original video on youtube and replied to it, multiple accounts maybe. Either way nobody has got back to me to see if they want to come on here.

I really like the helicopter footage, but who get's their own private chopper these days????

October

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   
reply to post by October

YEAH, the exsplanation is it is a cone shaped kite, NO UFO HERE. debunked.

posted on May, 18 2010 @ 04:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blue Shift

Originally posted by wigit

Yeah, but just recall what happened with that "Balloon Boy" flying saucer that happened in Colorado last year. Big, floating UFO. And it wasn't up for only a minute or so before it had every news camera and helicopter in the area tracking it. That's what happens when a real flying saucer appears over a relatively heavily populated area. It usually isn't seen by only one person.

[edit on 18-5-2010 by Blue Shift]

No, that's just the thing. UFOs do show up in busy places and they aren't seen by everyone. That hoax balloon boy one, yes. But genuine UFOs - I've spoken to a number of people who have had sightings, flying saucers, and also flying triangles and they've been on the motorway, or on a busy street, or filling the car with petrol while the object was on top of the garage, etc. and they seemed to be the only ones who've seen it.

I know one family who had an FT shoot straight towards their car and hover above them on a busy road. They stopped the car and were surrounded by various light phenomena, meanwhile traffic passed by as normal. I know of a car full of teenagers followed by an FT that was inches off their car. They screamed!
A very good friend of mine saw a black flying wedge with lights on the tail end at rooftop height while walking with his daughter one day. It vanished into thin air a few seconds later. He asked his daughter "what do you think that was then?" She says " a block of cheese" then didn't remember it at all when questioned later.
UFOs are weird!

posted on May, 19 2010 @ 02:56 PM
link   
If this was in suberbia... or the middle of the desert... or even a small town, or at night when, I could buy it -- maybe I could buy that only a handful of people saw it and only one had a camera/ was willing to share. But this object is clearly massize in size. And is hovering in broad daylight over a huge, flat city.

Look at the Phoenix Lights in '97. Middle of the night, back in the mid '90s when cam-corders were expensive as crap, cell phones didn't have cameras and digital cameras weren't owned by many. It was still captured on video numerous times over, and the subject of the evening news.
But this gets one person videoing on the way to work? No one calls in a radio station, no one snaps a photo with a camera phone, no one gives the news a call, no one looks out their apartment window and grabs their digital camera?

Plus the reflection in the building at the very start of video 1 just doesn't make sense (along with a host of other things mentioned already in this thread).

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:43 AM
link   
Here's a video posted on Liveleak purporting to show that triangle "craft" filmed from a helicopter.

www.liveleak.com...

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 05:45 AM
link   
Here's the helicopter film on YT (starts after car video):

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by wigit

Absolutely!! In total agreement with you - most people are either looking ahead or at the floor, not up!! In fact, this is something you can try yourself when out and about. You can't walk safely whilst looking up for long as you might stumble on uneven ground or walk into something.

When I had my sighting last August, it was close to a supermarket car park with at least a dozen people walking across and not ONE of them were aware of what was going on above their heads!

Just because it happened in a built up area and there are not many witnesses doesn't mean you can discount it... If this was a poor urban area, then not many of those who might have witnessed it might have internet access, and even if they have, do they have the wherewithal to come here and post or elsewhere? Or contact the local media without being laughed out of court? It's my understandin Salford is quite a depressed area.

posted on May, 20 2010 @ 11:17 AM
link   
Well I tried to triangulate its position over Manchester, and found that the craft was moving in a southern direction. Very slow moving.

If you draw a line from the corner where it first appears over the bush and then draw a line on the map where the driver goes under the pedestrian path, you will find those to paths never cross which means one of two things
1. its cgi and they didn't calculate its position and only created it to stay in frame
2. its moving south at a very slow pace

I would put all my work from bing maps, google maps and compare it with the you tube video, but I am at work and don't have the ability to post images

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:33 AM
link   
It was a hoax !this just posted on Ytube

Jimpimm — 26 May 2010 — Sorry guys. Was a project for university, thanks to everyone for the support, questions and comments, really enjoyed creating this. The truth is still out there!

The two videos posted recently (the car and helicopter) were both faked using 3D tracking software. To comment or ask any questions either PM me on this account or email me at [email protected]. Thanks!

edit to post ytube link as first was taken down

[edit on 26-5-2010 by tarifa37]

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:37 AM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

Tarifa37.....

Good work!

I alerted the mods.

Kind regards
Maybe...maybe not

posted on May, 26 2010 @ 07:43 AM
link   
The video has been pulled already.

Could someone email them at the address provided to verify this? Or at the YT account that posted it. Was it the same account that posted the original video?

<< 1  2    4 >>

join