It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

BP Taking Suggestions From Public? Submit your idea!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:07 PM
link   
I guess this is the next logical step in consideration of their track record.
Is this Plan D?

Suggestions
What is being done with submitted suggestions?

Throughout the ongoing response efforts thousands of people across the globe have offered their ideas for stopping the flow of oil into the Gulf, containing or recovering it, or cleaning it up.

BP has established a process to receive and review submitted suggestions, on how to stop the flow of oil or contain the spill emanating from the Mississippi Canyon 252 well. Proposals are reviewed for their technical feasibility and proof of application.

More than 4,800 ideas have been proposed to date. Given this quantity of technical proposals suggested by industry professionals and the public, it may take some time to technically review each one.

All proposals submitted through the process defined below will be reviewed.
Failure to follow the process below will likely delay proposed solutions from being reviewed.

If you want to offer suggestions by phone:
Please call 281.366.5511. After each call, the caller will be sent a simple form to provide details. When the caller completes and submits this form, the proposal is sent to BP technical personnel for review.

If you want to offer suggestions online:
A suggestion submission form is available at:
LINK
Follow instructions on the form.

For most timely review, please use this process to submit your suggestion.

What happens with your proposal?

* All proposals are reviewed for technical feasibility and application. Given the volume of proposals, this may take some time. A reply will be sent via email or fax to each caller informing them of the technical review outcome.
* Feasible solutions will be forwarded for additional consideration. Callers whose ideas are considered feasible will be advised by email that we will contact them if and when their support is needed.

Unified Command thanks each submitter for their interest and willingness to share their ideas.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by discl0sur3]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:10 PM
link   
I would say if they wanted ideas, simply visit ATS. There have been
suggestions anywhere from US Navy to nukes to everything else. All
of the experts on the issue have posted their cure for this.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:11 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

They'll probably see the responses sooner here.

My advice: use disorder as a last resort. That little area where it's emerging looks pretty neat compared to what it could have been.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   
I say we kill those responsible, take their money to build a sub capable of transporting material in deep depths, and plug it up with the bodies and rocks. Two birds with one stone, ya know?

[edit on 15-5-2010 by marsvoltafan74]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by endtimer
I would say if they wanted ideas, simply visit ATS. There have been
suggestions anywhere from US Navy to nukes to everything else. All
of the experts on the issue have posted their cure for this.

Agreed. You would think that approaching the public for ideas would have been step #1.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:30 PM
link   
Freeze it!.

Drill holes fairly deep around the leak and just keep pumping Liquid nitrogen into them in theory the oil would slowly start to harden around the inner well hole wall as it does it would start to constrict it's flow like the clogging of an artery.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69
Freeze it!.

Drill holes fairly deep around the leak and just keep pumping Liquid nitrogen into them in theory the oil would slowly start to harden around the inner well hole wall as it does it would start to constrict it's flow like the clogging of an artery.

Sounds like it would work but what are then environmental ramifications of pumping liquid nitrogen into ocean? Would it just dissipate?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:33 PM
link   
like the liquid nitrogen idea! but woudl that even be physicaly possible?!

my thoughts on this, they have a hole in the ocean ... one word

NUKE!

dont they test nukes in holes in the sea? and dont these holes seal themself off (if my reading on underground testing is correct)

feel free to phone this idea in!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:35 PM
link   
reply to post by marsvoltafan74

lol, good suggestion, but i dont think murdering some twats is going to stop the leak for some reason, release some frustration yes, but stop the leak... sadly no.

also, enough stuff will die from this, and if the people in charge are dead then they cant live with what they have done!

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:44 PM
link   
Bend over, put your head between your legs, kiss your ass good-bye.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:51 PM
link   
Well you wouldn't really be pumping it out into the ocean just down into the holes surrounding the well. When the ground freezes and it will! The inside of the well hole pipe will start to solidify the oil.

When I was a kid growing in California when the offshore wells were going when at the beach we would get oil that would not come off the soles of our sandals. Then my uncle suggested throwing them into the freezer so we did a few hours later the oil had frozen solid and we simply twisted our sandals and it cracked and popped off just like frozen gum

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:55 PM
link   

Well you wouldn't really be pumping it out into the ocean just down into the holes surrounding the well. When the ground freezes and it will! The inside of the well hole pipe will start to solidify the oil.

When I was a kid growing in California when the offshore wells were going when at the beach we would get oil that would not come off the soles of our sandals. Then my uncle suggested throwing them into the freezer so we did a few hours later the oil had frozen solid and we simply twisted our sandals and it cracked and popped off just like frozen gum

That's really interesting. I wonder if anyone has presented this idea yet?
Click on the link at the top of this thread, it will take you to the suggestions page. The link is on the top right. You may have a winner.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:12 AM
link   
Scuba is getting a little tired of hearing peoples solutions to everything is to NUKE it!!.

The only time i'd ever nuke anything, is re-heating my food.

'Ding'

Must go, dinners ready.

Before i go, i might add, that, SLAYER69' idea should prick up some ears and deserves more attention.

[edit on 16/5/2010 by scubagravy]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:33 AM
link   
I did think, on my weekend shopping trip yesterday, to maybe buy an extra pack of kitchen wipes and sending them to BP.
If we all did this they'd have enough to wipe up a lot of the spill - and we can all give ourselves a pat on the back for doing our bit - those wipes sure do absorb a lot!

Anyone have the address of the BP headquarters or the CEO so I can send them some?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 08:55 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hey Slayer. That sounds like a good idea but there are a number of things you have to keep in mind when trying this method.

1. The flow rate of the oil
2. The temperature of the oil
3. The pipe position on the sea floor.
4. How does liquid nitrogen react at a depth of 5000 ft? Could the tank implode?
5. Is a large tank being sent down or will it be coming down a long pipe from a ship above?

Maybe the drilling could be done around the Well Head. The pipes beyond the Well Head are a lost cause because there are two gaping holes in it.

I found this CNN animation of the oil leak. It is very informative. They contacted a oil drilling animation engineer and he explains the event very nicely. Please review the Youtube video and maybe more ideas could come out of that.

[edit on 16-5-2010 by lostinspace]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:03 AM
link   
I reckon america needs the biggest hydrogen bomb they have to go off in south of new zealand, that will close the hole.

Am i being sarcastic or being truthful, things must be going bad if bp are asking the public. Why isn't the american government running this?

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:17 AM
link   
reply to post by SLAYER69

Hum sounds like a plan.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 09:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3

Freeze it!.

Sounds like it would work but what are then environmental ramifications of pumping liquid nitrogen into ocean? Would it just dissipate?

Yup,
Our atmosphere is nearly 79% nitrogen.
The stuff is in every breath you take.

Oil, on the other hand clogs up the old lungs pretty quickly.

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:11 AM
link   
I can't find any other (active) thread for ideas on closing the Gulf oil volcano, so I am placing my idea here. I only want to help solve this, so if you criticize I'm definitely OK with it. Please try to expand on the idea though, or direct me to an ongoing thread that has people sharing ideas on how to solve this problem. It may be the biggest one in my lifetime of 49 yrs.

The CIA/TPTB built this ship to try to raise a sunken Soviet submarine with all it's secrets from the ocean floor. The only reason the mission failed is because the sub broke apart.

This ship, (and I imagine there are others like it) has enormous lifting capability.

I suggest parking one or three of these over the leak site, then have it/them ready to receive huge loads of the heaviest rock (e.g. granite like the jetties at Port Aransas TX) from all available cargo or naval vessels.

Build a ring of large rocks around the leaking well, taking care not to damage the existing pipe and wellhead. Then cap the ring with a large "Chernobyl type" pre-fabbed concrete dome, with a hole in the top for heavy drilling-concrete injection. Seal that baby off and never look back.

Then people will have learned, never again, if it's not too late.

My guess is that BP doesn't want to seal it, but repair it. Saying screw the Gulf, we've got eh bloody investment heah!

[edit on 16-5-2010 by 1SawSomeThings]

posted on May, 16 2010 @ 10:21 AM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

I personally think using a Nuke is a dumb idea...

Surely dropping tons of rock/stone over the area is a much better idea and far more Earth friendly!!

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join