It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Cleric: sinners delay earthquakes

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 03:58 PM
link   
www.independent.co.uk...

A prominent hardline Iranian cleric who said promiscuity and immodest dress cause earthquakes says God may be holding off on natural disasters in the West in order to let people sin more and therefore consign themselves to hell.

Kazem Sedighi sparked widespread derision with his pronouncements in a prayer sermon last month linking earthquakes with women's dress. In a new sermon yesterday, he has defended and elaborated on his claim.

Mr Sedighi notes that some might ask why there aren't more earthquakes and storms striking Western nations that are "up to their necks" in immorality. He says the answer is that God allows some of those who "provoke His wrath" to continue sinning "so that they eventually go to the bottom of Hell".

I don't know what else to say except

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 04:27 PM
link   
I'm a muslim and i think its about time this cleric kept his mouth shut... so apparently this man knows how god thinks, but in islam we dont even know what god is so how can he guess that god is simply delaying the earthquakes?

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:18 PM
link   
Because that guy is a nutter. He is something people don't take very seriously

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 05:31 PM
link   
reply to post by john124

Two different dumbass takes by two dumbass religious leaders on earthquakes.

www.youtube.com...

It's these types of extreme views that are causing me to reject religion all together.

And to think that Rev. Pat once ran for President. Mondo Cane!!

[edit on 15-5-2010 by whaaa]

new topics

top topics

join