It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Breaking! STRANGE Star Cluster On NASA (SOHO C3) Today!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 01:54 PM
link   
This "cluster" first appeared on May 13th seen HERE in the 10 o'clock position

This is the most recent image - LINK

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/cd92a1293dc9.jpeg[/atsimg]

These objects appear to be moving in an East to West trajectory - Any opinions?

[edit on 15-5-2010 by discl0sur3]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:02 PM
link   
My question is where's Venus?
Just wondering, since it's always the center of attention.
Interesting cluster BTW.

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by SunnyDee
Interesting cluster BTW.

Thanks...Venus is right where she's supposed to be...isn't seen from SOHO C3 point of view.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aeb82b649740.jpeg[/atsimg]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
jmm45.free.fr...

Confirm?

I couldn't find the planet finder tool thingy on soho's site

(note that there is a large number of threads from glp that migrate to here)

[edit on 15-5-2010 by '___'omino]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:09 PM
link   
DOUBLEPOST

[edit on 15-5-2010 by '___'omino]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
oh well lsdomino already beat me to it but yes it is THE PLEIADES. A starcluster where some believe our ancestors hail from.

Move along folks nothing to see here lol.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by consciencious observer]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
Man, you're always posting threads like this. Why can't you just patiently collect your findings, research them, maybe take a class or two in astronomy if you are so keen on deciphering these images of what obviously lie beyond our planet's atmosphere, and then put it all into one coherent thread.

Personally I would like for our sun to have a binary brown dwarf companion, or a previously unknown planet with a highly elliptical orbit around our sun to be discovered. But threads like this are not helping anyone. It's like you found a seashell on the beach, brought it to me and asked "what does this mean?"

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:15 PM
link   
reply to post by discl0sur3

discl0sur3,

I have no idea what that could be!! Did you check Stellarium?

S+F for keeping an eye out while i was trimming my hedge..

Peace

PS: oh it's the Pleiades.....you know, where the meteors come from. I had no idea.

[edit on 15-5-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by jolly
Man, you're always posting threads like this. Why can't you just patiently collect your findings, research them, maybe take a class or two in astronomy if you are so keen on deciphering these images of what obviously lie beyond our planet's atmosphere, and then put it all into one coherent thread.

Personally I would like for our sun to have a binary brown dwarf companion, or a previously unknown planet with a highly elliptical orbit around our sun to be discovered. But threads like this are not helping anyone. It's like you found a seashell on the beach, brought it to me and asked "what does this mean?"

First of all, who said anything about a binary brown dwarf? I was simply putting this out there to get an answer. I didn't realize it was a crime to ask a question.
Second, collective intelligence is a very powerful tool, you should attempt to utilize it sometime. You say take an astronomy class, I say...got my answer in 5 minutes. It's the Pleiades!
Thanks for the comment....

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:22 PM
link   
I don't seem to move at all.

Obvious that they are not really changing place. But I'll bet that satellite is in orbit. I would think that it will cause the background to move all the time.

[edit on 5/15/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by discl0sur3

Originally posted by SunnyDee
Interesting cluster BTW.

Thanks...Venus is right where she's supposed to be...isn't seen from SOHO C3 point of view.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/aeb82b649740.jpeg[/atsimg]

I just dloaded this Mpeg version, it appears to be two objects tailing eachother.

this is the Download link for that Mpeg.. Link Click Me

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinter Klaas
I don't seem to move at all.

Obvious that they are not really changing place. But I'll bet that satellite is in orbit. I would think that it will cause the background to move all the time.

[edit on 5/15/2010 by Sinter Klaas]

This is correct, SOHO is orbiting the sun, constantly staring at it, giving it a full 360 perspective of our solar system and the galactic background during the course of one solar orbit. and of course it is the reason why the background is never the same, one moment to the next. For the sake of a fun corroboratory experiment, you could determine the orbital period of SOHO, dig into the archives, and try to find this exact position again.

edit for clarity

[edit on 15-5-2010 by Son of Will]

posted on May, 15 2010 @ 02:59 PM
link   
whatever dude this thread was pointless.

btw. you asked for an opinion. you gots it

[edit on 15-5-2010 by jolly]

new topics

top topics

join