It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Administration Threatens to Veto Health Spending Bill After Price Tag Jumps

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:54 PM
link   

Originally posted by nunya13
reply to post by Stormdancer777

You mean completely get rid of every member and select an ENTIRELY different house of representatives?

Where do I sign up?

Is there one for the Senate, too? The presidency?

Yes, in fact I just heard about it today.
I will have to ask around.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:12 AM
link   

Originally posted by DogsDogsDogs
reply to post by Stormdancer777

Was it this one?

goooh.com...

I don't know anything about these people. I just found it.

That's the one I found and I am not sure cause I heard about it in a chat room, but I bet that's it.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:39 AM
link   
COuple of problems with this whole thing. First, there is no line-item veto. As as a result, the President is forced to either accept the Bill as presented for signature, or he may veto said Bill in its entirety - that is unless it was passed by a veto-proof majority.

Next, he ALREADY SIGNED THE BILL!!! He signed it on March 23, 2010 in an East Room signing ceremony. He even used over a dozen pens so that certain "Supporters" could have a pen from the "Historic signing".

Nope, were stuck. The Bill is now law and not subject to any veto. The only thing we can hope for is either a complete repeal by a veto-proof majority or substantial changes are introduced, voted on and passed by the next Congress.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:52 AM
link   
Anyone with the slightest bit of common sense knew they were low balling the estimate to make it look better.

Now we'll see if they do anything about it.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:00 AM
link   
reply to post by kozmo

You got it, kozmo!
It is all just more PR by the Obama administration. It is the law already.

He just wants voters to think he is fiscally responsible. What a joke that is!

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 11:31 AM
link   
What a joke. Anyone with half a brain knew they were under estimating the cost of this monstrosity just to get it to pass. Now they are going to act all surprised about it.

They played the public like a fiddle.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by spirit_horse
I thought there was not line item veto? How can he veto parts of it? I thought the veto would be an all or nothing senario. I can understand the bill that was passed by reconciliation could be veto'd, but the major health care reform bill was passed as one bill was it not?

I guess I am missing something here.

Constitutionally, you are correct: The POTUS does not have a line item veto. But again, when it comes to constitutional, The POTUS and Congress don't have a good track record.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:06 PM
link   
reply to post by Hero Protagonist

Or could this set the stage to get a law passed so the president can get line item veto? They tried in the past, but failed. They already know people don't like this bill in the first place. I know that there are those who want it repealed completely, and are working towards that effort.

If it ends up that after the elections and court battles that this monstrosity of a bill is staying no matter what, would that be enough to convince the legislature and people to give the president line item veto? Especially in order to keep the cost down under a trillion? Would the president who gets elected veto all the items that Obama didn't want in the bill in the first place? When the line item veto isn't enough to contain the costs, will this president also create an executive order to create the government option saying this will keep the costs down?

All it takes is one little complaint from the right person directed the right way to have a bad muddy, dirty snowball effect.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:18 PM
link   
These people are making me absolutely crazy!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

I remember while they were trying to get the bill passed and Obama went out campaigning for support, he was asked if the HC bill would increase the deficit, and that *## went on and on and on about, nooooooo, we will do this and this and that will bring down the deficit. Then right after it's passed, there is a report released by HHS that said the bill will increase the cost of healthcare and now this report from the CBO?

Kill me, just kill me now!!!!!!!! Before my freakin' head explodes

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:44 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

I gave you a star because you has voiced so well how many people feel about this administration.

Sorry, I am not going to kill you.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:24 PM
link   
reply to post by butcherguy

Thanks for the star!!
Oh, and it's too late, it exploded, well at least several blood vessels anyway.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:38 PM
link   
Reply to post by Mystery_Lady

You're probably right. Anyone with half a brain and knowledge of what money is(not liberals) knew that more people with health insurance+the same amount of money=higher cost. Their is no way to contain the cost of health care unless the president becomes a dictator and slashes salaries and medical supplies cost. Never going to happen. No american is willing to pay half their income for health care this is not like many of the european countries. Our houses are not small we do not live conservatively. Liberals want free "birth right" type stuff and are not willing to pay for it. Every time they want something it's "well let's just tax the rich" lol. Yeah the rich who worked hard to get to that level and can take everything you have away from you in a second. Obviously their is a lot more to it than that, but overtime I've come to realize its worthless arguing with liberals.

Anyways this bill is only a stepping stone to government run healthcare. It was signed so fast without much research and given no time for the public to read it for a reason. People are just that insanely stupid. Costs will go up with this bill and the next president will have to find a way to fix it. If that's obama a push for gov run health is obvious and a republican...who knows? Depends on congress too which all depends on US so make the right choices regardless of party lines don't list to the BS of politicians.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:40 PM
link   
reply to post by prionace glauca

amateurs, it is a law! and he signed it without reading it.
can't veto a law fool, shoulda read it BEFORE you signed it fool!

amateur hour at the white house! bring in the clowns!!

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:35 AM
link   
Well it looks like Obama woke up now took a good crap stood up turned around looked down in and finally saw his real brains for passing a bill he or none of his bribed and bought off buddies did either..............

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 12:40 AM
link   
reply to post by circle 360

READ read or even looked at. What a # for brains bunch we have in power now. UNREAL

posted on May, 14 2010 @ 09:06 AM
link   

Originally posted by kozmo
COuple of problems with this whole thing. First, there is no line-item veto. As as a result, the President is forced to either accept the Bill as presented for signature, or he may veto said Bill in its entirety - that is unless it was passed by a veto-proof majority.

Next, he ALREADY SIGNED THE BILL!!! He signed it on March 23, 2010 in an East Room signing ceremony. He even used over a dozen pens so that certain "Supporters" could have a pen from the "Historic signing".

Nope, were stuck. The Bill is now law and not subject to any veto. The only thing we can hope for is either a complete repeal by a veto-proof majority or substantial changes are introduced, voted on and passed by the next Congress.

Oh I definitely agree with everything you wrote. This whole bill was nothing more than a dog and pony show. They wanted to pass the bill to satisfy their base of voters, who in turn are absolutely furious at the bill itself because it doesn't go far enough. Now after seeing months of declining polls they are trying to please the people who are against the bill by purposing something that has no value. Just like he promised Fart Stupad on not allowing abortion funding.

<< 1   >>

join