It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How many members have apprentice, solid, bronze, silver, gold, and whatever is after gold contributi

page: 3
<< 1  2    4 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:45 PM
link   
I've got a gold and i'm proud of it!

I think the contribution levels, applause etc are a great thing. I'm not sure whats planned for the new 2010 ATS, but it would be good if they kept something similar.

It's cool to be rewarded, even if it's just a token for show.

g

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by devildogUSMC
reply to post by fizzy1

It's based on posts, stars, and flags.

There is a thread that explains it but I can't seem to find it

Is this the thread you were looking for?

Also, Solid here.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:49 PM
link   
New colored tags to replace the mystery colored bar...

im a little to shy, but im getting there

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/b379c9b3715a.png[/atsimg]

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 10:58 PM
link   

It lets me know I'm not alone and that people out there agree with me on things I really felt alone on. I feel like I am starting to know what I am talking about and it makes me more confident in my beliefs and also encourages me to push harder because I know I am movin in the right direction.

I think it is perfectly human to want people to recognize you, and to respond favorably to your ideas, etc.

But, I would remind you, that popularity says NOTHING about quality. At all.

Marcus Aurelius said, and I paraphrase, "Its better to stand alone than in the ranks of 10,000 mad men."

I would also remind you that those truly brilliant minds, those minds who have radically affected the course of human history by and large were not socially popular people. Many of them, in fact, were persecuted and even killed in their own time by their contemporaries.

In other words, move in the direction your heart and curiosity drives you, not in the direction of greater applause.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:03 PM
link   
I don't think I have anything. I guess everyone hates me or something. I think you should be proud of your accomplishments. It is nice to be accepted in a community of people who have similar thoughts and ideas.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:27 PM
link   
reply to post by Nemesis0123

You just joined. I dont think it is as much that "everyone hates you," as it is that you have not yet had the time to go star and flag hunting. There are threads that can tell you how you, too, may become a gold contribution level member.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by ProtoplasmicTraveler
reply to post by Rising Against

It takes 2001 Flags to reach Cosmic Level.

I got aloooooooonnngg waayy to go.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:05 AM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

devildogUSMC,

This really has your interest?? Personally i have never understood the entire system. A discussion board that promotes "denying ignorance" and "thinking outside the box" while maintaining a system of categorizing their members by input/activity.

Is this not like putting a part of your "out-of-the-box-thinkers" into one box while placing an other group of "out-of-the-box-thinkers" into an other???

I guess we need this kind of stipulation to feel better about ourselfs. Especially a place like ATS can be intimidating to your ego when you always convinced yourself you are as great as you think you are. The brilliant minds on these boards can rock your faith and make you question your own intelligence. A confirmation through status can be a real ego-boost...

Keep up the good work and congratulations on achieving a higher rank in the ATS hierarchy. You are indeed as great as you thought you are...

Sorry for the rant, i hate class-systems. Period!!!

Peace

PS: If anybody wants to criticize my reply, my current status is "Solid Content Contributor", so go easy on me. I am not as great as you.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by operation mindcrime]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 03:10 AM
link   
Well... I don't think there's an actual list OP.

Though, from what we've seen so far there are no contribution levels in profiles and certainly no flag contribution bars with the new ATS. Good riddance... there is no recognition for those who make excellent posts in existing threads and don't start much themselves. It's a defunct system and I think the site owners have realized this, hence why they are probably replacing it with something else.

You don't need these little color things in your profiles to make you feel 'special' mate... just make the most of every post and don't just post for the sake of posting, make it count.

Kind regards.

ETA: reply to post by operation mindcrime. Loved the rant and good job pointing our the irony.

[edit on 13/5/2010 by serbsta]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 09:49 AM
link   

Originally posted by Republican08
Unobtanium Contributer!!!

Haha ditto.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:16 PM
link   
reply to post by bigfatfurrytexan

Sometimes you can even get a glimpse of the moderator, as a person, by what it was he applauded.

Yes, I am aware of this. I am not without applauses. One time I got an applause from a mod that was obviously based on a clearly partisan political sentiment; even though my post was based solely on a "human nature" observation.

In the end it is purely subjective; even when mods are involved. To be honest, I think I would worry if somehow I had the "majority" agreeing with my point of view. I would think I had slipped up somewhere.

If SO agreed with something I had said; then I would be sure of it.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:29 PM
link   
reply to post by operation mindcrime

I totally agree with your viewpoint.

Im pretty new here but I've already noticed that there is in my opinion some completely ridiculous threads flagged and starred numerous times, and some very thought provoking, well thought out, simple replies in threads which do not get the same 'glory' so to speak.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:31 PM
link   
Hi, apprentice here.....as yet

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by ventian
Don't quite understand it but I'm solid.
I think that may be just because you have Chuck Norris in your avatar.

No idea what status my profile is. Probably aluminium, or tin, knowing me

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 12:43 PM
link   
Cosmic contributor?

Pffft...

Pales in comparison to the Banana Sticker...

Validation is what you make of it, or where you buy it...

Metalocalypse Monkeys, not just for being the must brutal Platinum Content Facilitator ever anymore...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 10:32 PM
link   
i am a solid contributor

and out of curiosity, why do you want to know?

posted on Jun, 2 2010 @ 05:38 PM
link   

reply to post by OzWeatherman

No I dont really care about their's and I know it sounds immature but......

I'm at bronze and I just want to know how special I am.

ahhahahahha that got me! At the rate I'm going I may never see my contribution level turn blue. I keep cking but alas nothing

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 12:48 AM
link   
I've seen a w in the new layout and read some about it I think it shows exactly what you are asking here.

I just turned SILVER a few days ago. Wooot !!

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:46 AM
link   
Apprentice here...technically. One of my threads got 12 of my 14 flags, but that thread was also deleted because people couldn't play nice. I still get the contribution level though.

I'm not really a thread starter, so I'm kind of proud of my little "apprentice" level. Unless I start posting threads, I probably won't go much higher than that, but I really don't care.

It would be kind of interesting to see the numbers for how many people are at each level (or at least for the higher levels).

posted on Jun, 3 2010 @ 03:49 AM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

It's been years since I received an Applause.
I've forgotten what they look like.

top topics

<< 1  2    4 >>

join