It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Houston teacher fired for beating student in class

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:47 PM
link   
I am furious beyond belief. I want this woman in jail, and by God, she had better never teach again!! What is wrong with this psychopath?

The disturbing video of a sixth grade student being kicked and pummeled has also been turned over to Harris County Sheriff's investigators.
The teacher attacked 13-year-old Isaiah Johnson at the north Harris County charter school in late April, according to the teen’s mother.
"I'm horrified. I just can't believe something like that would happen to my child," said Alesha Johnson.
The attack goes on for nearly a minute. Isaiah Johnson said it felt much longer.
"I was on the wall like this trying to get away from her and she started hitting me, banging my head to the wall and kicking me," Isaiah said.
"He's had a knot on his head for a week. He had a black eye, bruises on his cheek," Alesha added.
Other children in the class were watching and videotaping the attack. You can hear some even laughing.

The Fox link shows the video.

www.myfoxhouston.com...'s-office
www.khou.com...

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:52 PM
link   
Re-read the story in MORE DETAIL...you won't be so furious...The kid was picking on a mentally challenged child...the teacher gave him an "old school" lesson...he not only deserved it, he got off easy....plus this is already on the boards.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:57 PM
link   
reply to post by PeterGriffin

He wasn't picking on, he was laughing, and that in no way justifies what the teacher did. The child should have been turned in to the principle, and his parents called. That was not an "old fashion lesson", that was child abuse.

Sorry mods, can you close this duplicate thread? I tried to do a search, but I only got "error". Thanks.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 01:59 PM
link   
I agree it wasn't the smartest thing for the teacher to do...but in no way is it "child abuse"...it looks like play fighting...and if the kid was in fact picking on a mentally challanged kid, he deserved it and the teacher should be promoted, not fired.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:00 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

look at the economic area the child is from. First of all most people in that neighborhood are on welfare and dont even pay taxes. To me that says their not even americans. Real americans work hard and vote for real patriots and american heros unlike this obama. Thanks to him our schools are being filled with people who are getting a free ride. In other countries these children would be out there getting jobs to contriute to society. But in our country they just send their kids to schools since babysitters cut into their money used to buy drugs and alcohol. Not to pick on them but statistically it is true that these neighborhoods have highe averages of drug addiction and alcoholism then more affluent neighborhoods where the citizens are upstanding members of society. This child was out of control possibly from pcp or who knows what. The sheriffs I hope can intimidate this mother into dropping charges, since this teacher is nice enough to put up with these types of children and her child was getting a free ride. I went to private school and if you ask me any parent who neglects their child like this by putting them into public schools so they can save a buck should be locked up for child neglect!

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:13 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

No, this teacher beat him because he made fun of a mentally challenged student that was dancing, no one was on pcp in this video.
We all know how mean kids are, and that they must be taught how to behave properly, but the ADULT, should know this, and act accordingly, not take matters in her on hands. No matter whether you think the child deservered to get a spanking or not, it was not the teachers place, it's the administration and his parents that decide.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:17 PM
link   
If he was making fun of a mentally challenged kid then he deserved it.

I went to school with kids like this. You can't reason with them. The only thing they understand is violence.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:21 PM
link   
reply to post by kj6754

Not from the teacher, FROM THE PRINCIPLE AND HIS PARENTS, he deserved discipline. This teacher was way out of line.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:25 PM
link   
reply to post by sickofitall2012

my question is why are there mentally challenged in public schools to begin with? if the parents cant take it upon them selves to send the child to a special private school. They should be locked up and their child put up for adoption. This way more wealthy people who all seek children can adopt the child and give it a better life then what these neglectful parents are doing to destroy this childs life.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 02:38 PM
link   
reply to post by tigpoppa

I didn't even think of that. Why is a mentally challenged child in a public school? When I was young, we had special ed students, but they were not in the same part of the school. We hardly ever even saw them. They had separate lunch and recess times.

posted on May, 11 2010 @ 03:17 PM
link   
he got what he deserved, don't give me that she was out of line crap. if you're not willing to teach your stupid kid some decency, someone else will. i'd beat that kid so bad they would have to take him away in a patty wagon. if this was another country they'd beat him, castrate the father and smack the mother.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:29 PM
link   
Well well, aren't you all just a little nest of decency and reason?

A school teacher should not be allowed to violently assault a child.

**** all, if that isn't the most unnecessary statement I've ever made (and that's saying a lot).

DOADOA, that may be the case, but you'd consequently find yourself in a prison cell, unless the parent decided to undertake a course of vengeance on their child's behalf--and rightfully so.

[edit on 13/5/10 by paperplanes]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:33 PM
link   
Maybe now the kid will think twice before treating others with disrespect. The teacher did fly off the handle but what made her snap? Todays teachers put up with alot of disrespectful students(to both peers and teachers), guess she couldn't take it anymore.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:36 PM
link   
In my adolescent years the rule of "spare the rod, spoil the child" was still in effect. Corporal punishment at an earlier age would have taught both the student AND the teacher respect at a much earlier age. These days, even a parent cannot discipline their own child in public, much less a teacher. By the way, I am not condoning this teacher's actions, I'm just saying that back in the day he would have been sent to the principal's office for a good ol' paddling, probably one when he got home, too, for getting sent to the office. This teacher snapped, no doubt, but we don't really know how much the teacher had to take from this particular student all year long, with absolutely nothing at her disposal to deal with it except "Time Out." And by the way, a swat on the derriere DOES work, you don't have to beat the hell out of them.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Hero Protagonist]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:41 PM
link   
Okay - something to note here -

This took place at a charter school, the "teacher" was not a certified teacher nor was required to be. This is Texas Law. The law requires only certified teachers who teach bi-lingual special education (in charter schools).

So, outrageous as this appears (and it is to me as well) let's all take a look at Texas Law and the protections, certifications, education standards and professional standards it requires for it's educators... there is a MASSIVE problem here...

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 01:46 PM
link   
Kid didn't have any respect for his teacher because he thought he could get away with it.

Silly silly boy.

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:07 PM
link   
I must be seeing the wrong vid!

The way she approaches him is far from threatening, more like a parent or older sibling would in a bout play fighting, certainly not for a thrashing.
Her hand movements are less than damaging too, so how this all works up to the racist #e Ive seen beats me!

Looks more like yes, he has been a lippy kid, the teacher musses him up a little, probably with a stupidly set face. The lesson being, dont take advantage of others less able than you, it may be the other way around someday.

Makes far more sense than some comments here, youde think he was left bleeding whimpering pulp on the floor.

Hoping theres some others out there that can see this for what it is!

Peace!

[edit on 13-5-2010 by Tie No Bows!]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:14 PM
link   
reply to post by Tie No Bows!

To be frank - I had the same impression as you did, when I saw the video. This is not a beat down and appears to be a "learning moment"...

Bear in mind that this is a chartered school, which means that the students attending were there for reasons that kept them from being successful in the regular public school setting. Now, in many cases charter/alternative school settings have a lot of leeway in how they teach curriculum, deal with discipline issues, etc. and students at these schools (at least in my state) will have IEP's (Individual Education Plan) that will be followed.

** However, I can think of only a few situations in which it is appropriate to put one's hands on a student or to engage them physically (i.e. to protect them or others from harm) and this is NOT such a case. The teacher was rightly fired.

[edit on 13-5-2010 by LadySkadi]

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:19 PM
link   
the kids parents should respond in a similar manor then?
because people like this only understand violence, see its works both ways but where does it end. if that was my kid i`d be on the news right now

posted on May, 13 2010 @ 02:33 PM
link   
Tigpoppa, your comments so far are pretty hilarious.

I agree it looked more like play fighting than anything serious (except for banging his head against the wall and a couple decent punches), kid was probably a grade F A-hole, but who knows. I just think it's amazing that sixth graders are walking around with camera phones.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join