It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gordon Brown immediate resignation. Torrys take number 10.

page: 7
<< 4  5  6   >>

join
share:

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:18 AM
link   
Maybe, between all of the sniping and condescension aimed at the ConLibDem coalition, we could ask the question, "Do we want this to fail?"

If the immediate answer is "Yes" then ask yourself, "Why?" For the sake of party politics? What if the ConLibDem actually proves to be good for this country? What if it actually gives us a better society and paves the way for future cross-party parliamentary and government representation?

Surely it is just partisan party politics that wants this coalition to fail?

I don't give a crap whether the government is Blue, Red or a hint of Peach, I just wanted our country to be a place where we want to live rather than a place where we have to live.

I am willing to give a chance to the new government, let them prove what they can do. The severe cuts being suggested are not a brand of party policy but a necessity - there is no argument about this. The public sector deficit must be cut.

I am more interested in how they can steer society away from the 'nanny' mentality so that we can all become responsible individuals again - individuals who work together to bring the best of our country to the fore.

The change in government may be a template for the change in society! I want this to succeed, not for the Tories, not for the LibDems, not to keep Labour down, but to put the Great back before Britain!

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 08:29 AM
link   
reply to post by SugarCube

Good point.

We can drag the new leaders down and sink to lower depths, when in fact, whats really at stake here is OUR nation.

But can they do it?
Only time will tell...

Im not going to snipe at any British politican now. (shock!!)

Im going to just watch and see if they can make the Great thats proceded by Britain worth while again...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:23 AM
link   
So what are the liberal democrats supposed to stand for?

Do you think the Tories will actually be interested in doing something about immigration?

At least you have a third party, here in the U.S. we are getting screwed by both sides.

What is for sure over here, is that no one is for the working class people who built this nation.

We have these tea party clowns claiming they are for smaller government, when the people they support vastly increased the size of government, and yet they still run around with spouting free market without knowing that they support communism.

Will Cameron be another Thatcher, or is he different?

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 09:45 AM
link   
Brown is gone!!!
This is a great day!!!

This evil, power hungry, NWO supporter has had his final day. He wrecked the country in all ways for over 13 years. He is like a magpie and shoved Blair out of his position.
He was never Prime Minister as he wasnt voted in and how the English stood around a left him ruin the country for so long is beyond reasoning.

Maybe the Tories wont be the saviours of the UK but at least they are only rotten on the outside, not like Labour who are rotten to the core.

I wish all UK residents good luck with their new goverment.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 11:52 AM
link   

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:00 PM
link   

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by tarifa37

They are conning everybody, not just dem

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 12:32 PM
link   
I wonder where all the ex PM's & Presidents hang out.... where do they live? How do they live?

I know most would be under constant guard for the rest of their lives but i just wonder if there's some secure island for them to go to or what...

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:27 PM
link   
reply to post by TruthxIsxInxThexMist

...it's called Bohemia Grove

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:31 PM
link   

i believe that it is called the Carlyle Group

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:38 PM
link   

I would suspect the ptb know how to generate luck, and they seem to have this all there lifes, so for the most part they are ok.

But you would think underground things as well, like in major cities are used for what ever.

posted on May, 12 2010 @ 01:51 PM
link   
reply to post by andy1033

In those underground bunkers i've read about?

Hmmmm.... possibly.

Carlyle Group Never heard of it.... guess i'll have to google but i'm presuming it's something to do with the Illumanti safe haven or something similar.

Bohemia Grove

[edit on 12-5-2010 by TruthxIsxInxThexMist]

<< 4  5  6   >>

join